Peter King - Can't stand him

sharper802

Is there any more biased columnist that covers the NFL? In one MMQB column he praises Bill Parcells for realizing he whiffed on 2009 2nd and 3rd round picks by cutting them only a year later. States Tom Brady faced the best NFL pass defenses since Frank Gifford played QB. And best of the best it was Hank Baskett's fault the Colts lost the SB and it was Reggie Wayne's poor route running that caused Manning to throw the pick six.

Let's see..

Praised Brady and gave a pass to both Parcells and Manning.

Can't wait for what excuse he writes for Parcells when the Bills beat the Fish Sunday. Probably will blame the HC for screwing up Parcells game plan.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there any more biased columnist that covers the NFL? In one MMQB column he praises Bill Parcells for realizing he whiffed on 2009 2nd and 3rd round picks by cutting them only a year later. States Tom Brady faced the best NFL pass defenses since Frank Gifford played QB. And best of the best it was Hank Baskett's fault the Colts lost the SB and it was Reggie Wayne's poor route running that caused Manning to throw the pick six.

Let's see..

Can't wait for what excuse he writes for Parcells when the Bills beat the Fish Sunday. Probably will blame the HC for screwing up Parcells game plan.

I won't say that I can't stand him (I read and often enjoy his columns), but this is not anyone who would ever have the sports journalistic courage equivalent to "speaking truth to power"--instead he mainly glorifies those already overglorified and serves as "league cheerleader in chief", particularly for the more prominent franchises and players.....

You know what else - he is right when it comes to the Colts and the SB! Anybody who really knows the game will agree with the assessment listed in the original post!

I don't know...

...as much as I hate their team, the Ravens are looking much better offensively than they ever have.

Ravens and Colts, AFC Championship game?

On Sirius (either this past week or the week before), he said that (although he cannot really root for any team given his job), he has a special place in his heart for the Buffalo Bills and Bills fans (and a couple of other teams).

You guys know he's a Bills fan right?

On Sirius (either this past week or the week before), he said that (although he cannot really root for any team given his job), he has a special place in his heart for the Buffalo Bills and Bills fans (and a couple of other teams).

I have heard him say that before on Sirius about probably 25 other teams in the league as well. PK is FoS yet he still has defenders littered across this board. Is it because he writes at a 1st grade level and is easy to understand?

IDK he's on some video I have about the glory days and he's representing himself as a legit fan of the team and city/fans...I did not know he was from Boston. Oh well, we have Donald Trump, Meatloaf, 50 Cent, and Burman anyway...

Edited by dayman

Whatever. I listen to Sirius NFL Radio nearly every day on my commute to work every day. I have not heard him say that "about 25 other teams" or even close to that. I am not defending him per se. I am just reporting what I heard. Whoever you think the guy may secretly be a fan of, he certainly does not appear to anti Bills as some in the media seem to be.

I have heard him say that before on Sirius about probably 25 other teams in the league as well. PK is FoS yet he still has defenders littered across this board. Is it because he writes at a 1st grade level and is easy to understand?

Edited by Peter

IDK he's on some video I have about the glory days and he's representing himself as a legit fan of the team and city/fans...I did not know he was from Boston. Oh well, we have Donald Trump, Meatloaf, 50 Cent, and Burman anyway...

Are you dayman, as in the fighter of the nightman, champion of the sun, master of karate and friendship for everyone?

why wouldnt he say that!, the guy is making a living doing what all of us would love to be doing, and could do. we just didnt have the timing. what "special knowledge", "insight" does he have?. he just talks to various radio stations all week long, making it up on the fly. who really gives a sh-t what he says.. or thinks?

Here is his one minute drill about the Bills - everything that he says has been said here before.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/video/nfl/2010/08/31/083110.peter_king_bills_preview.SportsIllustrated/

one note that I found interesting, he used to be really high on Trent Edwards but he seems to have cooled off. Either way I think that his assessment is accurate.

FWIW - I don't think that the Jets, Dolphins, and Patriots are as stacked as the national media thinks that they are - which could equal a few extra wins for the Bills.

Whatever. I listen to Sirius NFL Radio nearly every day on my commute to work every day. I have not heard him say that "about 25 other teams" or even close to that. I am not defending him per se. I am just reporting what I heard. Whoever you think the guy may secretly be a fan of, he certainly does not appear to anti Bills as some in the media seem to be.

Let the boys have a good cry, Peter.

Why would Trump -- being from NY -- be a Bills fan? I question some of the others too.

This would be news to Peter. You should go to his home in Boston and let him know that.

He lived in New Jersey up until last year (or maybe two) because his kids were just graduating from college. He's openly a Red Sox fan, but havn't ever heard he was a Pats fan. He claims he lives in Boston because his brother (recently deceased) was a NE guy and wanted a new start in a walkable city, not cause he loves the Pats.

Let's see..

Doesn't everyone say that?

Didn't come off that way to me. Sounded negative towards him, but justified it based on they did get 4 starters aside from two bust. Relax?