Maybin - stat line says 2 sacks 3 QB hits

sharper802

I'm encouraged... Lots of speed and quickness, good spin move and he did fight through two blockers to get that intentional grounding call. Put him in there as situational pass rusher and he could be an asset to this team this year.

MAYBIN IS A BUST !!!........lol.....i just don't like this player.....

the BAD:...on the opening kickoff, he was out there on coverage.....something is wrong with the way he was running....like he has a minor injury that effected his gait, he was last one down and ran smack into the back of one of his own players. the return went right past his gap. he was NOT out there early on regular defense, kelsay was getting rep's playing LB/DE. when Maybin did finally come in, the LT was physically killing him.....Maybin kept doing the same move. he used his speed to get slightly under and around from the outside of the LT.....but the LT would just push him straight to the ground.

the GOOD: without a doubt this was MAYBIN's BEST game. they started using him in some stunts and he was getting very close to making some plays. i did notice that cincinnati pulled the offensive starters (#85 & #81....T.O. was having his way with McGee) early in second quarter, so Maybin might have been doing this against cincy's backup lineman. cincy's starting offense made our D look bad. receivers were WIDE open. but, the bill's D looked much better against cincy's backup's (big deal).

i left at halftime. looking forward to the tape delay tonight (Sun at 8pm on ch 7).

I haven't seen the game yet. How did Maybin look? Were these against starters or scrubs?

I was impressed with how Maybin looked because I wasn't expecting much. There were times when Maybin hit the ground and was handled but there were times where he use a spin move very effectively and got off of blocks effectively he was usually around the ball and was pressuring the QB frequently. He has developed a dip move as well and has excellent speed. His leverage is getting better.

This was against both starters and scrubs. He is going to be a good player if he continues to develope...not a bust (although I love calling him one) just not a first rounder.

I was probably most impressed with Arthur Moats in a year he will be a beast. He will be our best MLB.

Maybin, other than the intentional grounding play, was driven to the ground routinely by opposing starters. He gets to the QB late and puts a hit on. Too much dancing around after plays he had no real impact on.

He has been a clueless player who was easily engulfed or run out of the plays. Slowly, I see him adding a little more variety to his game. You have to look closely but incrementally he is getting better. The coaches have decided to play him a lot (more than any player on the roster) to add some field experience to his still very raw style.

He may be more of a situational player. There is no doubt that he has a lot of speed and quick burst. The issue for him is whether he can add more dimension to his game. Being a one trick pony is not going cut it.

WEO, this late to the party dancing fool toned down his act in the game against the Bengals. Coaching the immaturity out of some players takes time, it is a process. It is also going to take a lot of tough coaching to beat out the ingrained foolishness from this snot nosed hard-head.

If there is one attribute I like about Maybin is that he does give you effort. If that effort can be harnessed then he can be productive, and just maybe a periodically impactful player.

Edited by JohnC

He looks a little over-matched at times and also seems a bit lost. He's a little unsure of himself out there and what the defense is doing. His few plays came in garbage time against a very weak Bengals 3rd team offense.

He looks athletic and fast but he doesn't have any pass rush moves other than a spin move. Most of the time he just speed rushes off the edge and by the time he gets around his block, the QB has already stepped up in the pocket and delivers his throw.

Maybin is young though. He needs to add more bulk. Like 10-15lbs of it. He also needs to be coached up and learn this defense, as well as arm himself with a better repetoire of pass rush moves. But I also think this team needs to do a better job of putting him in positions where he can use his speed to be effective. He's got a ways to go, but I haven't given up on him yet. And neither should any Bills fans.