Preseason 3 "Gameday" thread Cincy @ Buffalo

Skoobydum

He was the only player on the team that could rush the passer at all. Now they don't have even one. That's going to be a problem...

Doesn't mean he would be a good rusher as LB and he would also have to cover TE and RB. He wouldn't rush every play.

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So you are saying that everything in the preseason is pointless?

Ofcourse its just a scrimmage. So now Corner has an INT return for TD. And our second in two games. How does that help in the regular season ?

I am messing with ya, Mark. As you didn't pick up on my sarcasm, I am coming clean. I am loving all of what I am seeing since the last game.

Ofcourse its just a scrimmage. So now Corner has an INT return for TD. And our second in two games. How does that help in the regular season ?

I am messing with ya, Mark. As you didn't pick up on my sarcasm, I am coming clean. I am loving all of what I am seeing since the last game.

Ok, Fan. Sometimes it's hard to tell the sarcasm from the people who are serious on this board. :doh:

Doesn't mean he would be a good rusher as LB and he would also have to cover TE and RB. He wouldn't rush every play.

The DC would've used him where he was most effective. If it turned out that the only think he could do well was rush the passer (which I seriously doubt), then he would've been rushing 90% of the time he was out there (like Maybin- except actually getting pressure). Still would've been very valuable. Anyway, it's a moot point now...

i think they look very good, all things considered, the offense has moved pretty easily, the D has shut down when they needed to, are they play-off bound, nope, but head and shoulders better than what we have seen in a long time

So how are they looking? Garbage or servicable?

I think the play calling on offense is head and shoulders above what it has been for a looooooong time. Calling the right plays at the right times is crucial, and I think Mr. Gailey gets that. It's nice to see. Oh, and Spiller is Gold, Jerry, Gold I tell ya!

I think the play calling on offense is head and shoulders above what it has been for a looooooong time. Calling the right plays at the right times is crucial, and I think Mr. Gailey gets that. It's nice to see. Oh, and Spiller is Gold, Jerry, Gold I tell ya!

IIRC, Edwards said he'd never worked with a coach who understood how one play sets up the next play.