Preseason 3 "Gameday" thread Cincy @ Buffalo

Skoobydum

Hate to be a Debbie Downer here but if it wasn't for Spiller on this offense, we probably would look worse than last year if that's possible. Honestly, Trent looks just a Trentative and it's more than obvious that he just doesn't have "IT" to be the guy under center.

Call me what you want but it just my personal observation through 2.5 preseason games and countless regular games the last few years. I really want him or someone to succeed at QB but I don't know if there is anyone on the current roster to take that job, with the exception of Levi, who is still relatively unknown.

I guess everyone can blame the O-Line for some of it but, honestly, how much can you blame them when the QB looks skiddish at best.

I am not a big Trent fan but I thought he played very good.

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To all you "we are stocked at RB, Spiller is a luxury pick!" retards, well here it is. WWWWHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! CJ is the man, and Chan has already eclipsed Dick "the HEAD" Jauron in my opinion. The playcalling on offense is actually, dare I say, unpredictable at just the right times. Bravo, we might have coaches with a clue for a change.

Hate to be a Debbie Downer here but if it wasn't for Spiller on this offense, we probably would look worse than last year if that's possible. Honestly, Trent looks just a Trentative and it's more than obvious that he just doesn't have "IT" to be the guy under center.

Call me what you want but it just my personal observation through 2.5 preseason games and countless regular games the last few years. I really want him or someone to succeed at QB but I don't know if there is anyone on the current roster to take that job, with the exception of Levi, who is still relatively unknown.

I guess everyone can blame the O-Line for some of it but, honestly, how much can you blame them when the QB looks skiddish at best.

So you're saying that if they hadn't drafted such a dynamic playmaker on offense, their offense wouldn't be nearly as good.

What are you blabbering on about?

It's "skittish", and yes... you are definitely a downer.

But this is only the pre-season, see ? So we really should not get emotional. Remember the superbowl Bills used to regularly lose in the pre-season and then turn it up in the main season. The fact that we appear to be competent on O, we have a baller rookie and can deliver pressure with the D means squat.

True. Preseason is only part of the story. But it's difficult to compare a veteran team of two decades ago to a young team with a new coach. We LOOK so much better than we've looked in the last few years. We run a balance of good plays, they work. We seem dangerous on the ground with what Spiller is doing, and we've even shown some good air strikes. (even a couple deep) pretty good sign, since we've done so little of either before.

He's succeeding tonight. Doesn't at all look "skiddish", or even skittish.

Relax.

But this is only the pre-season, see ? So we really should not get emotional. Remember the superbowl Bills used to regularly lose in the pre-season and then turn it up in the main season. The fact that we appear to be competent on O, we have a baller rookie and can deliver pressure with the D means squat.

And yet last year during the pre-season, there were fans that were upset because the Bills were scoring very few TD's, saying that it was a sign of what the regular season would look like.

I know that pre-season is not the same as the regular season, but you have to be pleased with what you have seen these last two games.

Trent for President!!! :devil:

Edited by shakar

Holy !@#$ing fail, Batman.

Jeez man... you are missing the point, which is that adding a playmaker like Spiller makes the offense that much better.

I can see you in 1520: "Well, Leo, you know if you take away that smile, it's just a painting of a broad..."

Or in 1776: "Well, you know, Tom, if you were not such a good writer, this would just be a list of complaints."

Trent can look as skittish (look it up, Thurman!) as he likes if he completes 60% (pardon, make that 76%) for 9ypa, which is what he did in the first half.

It is just preseason, but goodness gracious man, allow yourself some joy!

Edited by RJ (not THAT RJ)

TE looked pretty good in that half. Was getting pressured (as he will most of this year) but generally reacted well. He showed improved pocket presence and was able to hit some short receivers in stride for good gains. It's really all about the QB on offense. If TE can continue to improve like this, the offense will be decent.

btw- I thought Bell did well at LT when he was in there. It's night and day from Meredith.

Jeez man... you are missing the point, which is that adding a playmaker like Spiller makes the offense that much better.

I can see you in 1520: "Well, Leo, you know if you take away that smile, it's just a painting of a broad..."

Or in 1776: "Well, you know, Tom, if you were not such a good writer, this would just be a list of complaints."

Trent can look as skittish (look it up, Thurman!) as he likes if he completes 60% (pardon, make that 76%) for 9ypa, which is what he did in the first half.

It is just preseason, but goodness gracious man, allow yourself some joy!

mpl II

if the titans hadnt drafted chris johnson they wouldnt have a 2000 yard rusher. if the colts didnt draft manning they would probably have a terrible offense and no super bowl win.