Easley's condition might be season ending

I know a lot of us were expecting Easley to contribute this year, I suppose if there is a silver lining to all of this its that Chad Jackson has surprised everyone in camp and looks ready to fill the void.

As mentioned earlier though, if he's gone for the year I really would like to see another WR brought in...especially with Jenkins also hurt.

Amazing. Easley, Wang and Batten are all sidelined. Half of the draft class. Wtf?

To drag out an old Marvism ... our best rookies this year will be last years rookies.

Honestly, did you really expect any of these three to play a major role this season?

Spiller will make an impact. Troup will rotate with Williams. Carrington will see playing time, and likely more as the season progresses.

After that I don't see much more help from the rookies other than special teams.

To drag out an old Marvism ... our best rookies this year will be last years rookies.

Honestly, did you really expect any of these three to play a major role this season?

Spiller will make an impact. Troup will rotate with Williams. Carrington will see playing time, and likely more as the season progresses.

After that I don't see much more help from the rookies other than special teams.

Wang was going to (and still might) get to play during the season.

Easley was likely to contribute.

So that's the first 5 picks

Considering that 2 that are out might be out for a while out of the first 5 picks, our most likely to succeed rookies are doing ok.

If we get any production out of the other 4 (although one of them is injured as well) or any of the UFAs we are doing fine, injuries are going to happen, esply to rookies since they are young and less physically mature, the good thing is they heal a bit faster. If we get people contributing out of the draft class as we did last year I will be happy with it.

Moulds' last year in Buffalo was 2005, well before we drafted Hardy. Could you mean someone else?

It would be good to see if his light goes on.

I'm pretty sure this is the post Pilsner is referencing:

Great report! Regarding Hardy, my brother was talking to Eric Moulds this weekend, their sons play baseball and basketball together in Amherst. Gailey asked Moulds to come to camp and talk to the receivers and said he is not impressed by Hardy. He said he would correct his mistakes and Hardy would go back out and do same thing again. He said Jackson is a good receiver and should make the team. FWIW.

http://www.buffalorumblings.com/2010/8/10/...sleys-condition

I guess the Bills can't catch a break when it comes to injuries. If Easley goes on IR, then Hardy will likely stay on the team.

OK, Jerry, not being a word maven here, the one thing I want to say is I really, really, really, really, REALLY, was hoping to see what this kid could do this year and I truly hope it is not season ending injury.

Fingers crossed for Easley.

OK, Jerry, not being a word maven here, the one thing I want to say is I really, really, really, really, REALLY, was hoping to see what this kid could do this year and I truly hope it is not season ending injury.

Same here. Easley has been getting open consistently in practices and I was hoping to get a chance to see him do that on the field in gametime this year. Let's keep our fingers crossed.

Wang was going to (and still might) get to play during the season.

Easley was likely to contribute.

So that's the first 5 picks

Considering that 2 that are out might be out for a while out of the first 5 picks, our most likely to succeed rookies are doing ok.

If we get any production out of the other 4 (although one of them is injured as well) or any of the UFAs we are doing fine, injuries are going to happen, esply to rookies since they are young and less physically mature, the good thing is they heal a bit faster. If we get people contributing out of the draft class as we did last year I will be happy with it.

Agree that we could have a good looking rookie class, just like last year. Being realistic, we are playing rookies because of lack of depth and injuries.

Wang only plays if we have injuries to the stellar group that is Bell, Green, Meredith and Chambers. If that happens we are in big trouble.

Easley only plays if Johnson, Parish, Jackson don't produce and Hardy gets cuts. I understand that Easley has been looking better than Hardy so he may have seen some playing time.

Moats and Batten are mostly likely to play ST. They might be behind undrafted Coleman.

Calloway is a back up gaurd and possibly last on the depth chart.

If we have 5 rookies playing a lot it is a sign of a weak team that has lots of injuries (see last years addition of the Buffalo Bills).

Moulds' last year in Buffalo was 2005, well before we drafted Hardy. Could you mean someone else?

It would be good to see if his light goes on.

I don't recall which poster mentioned it, but this person said that Moulds was asked to come into camp (i'm guessing last year? but not sure) to talk to the wide receivers. That's when Moulds tried to correct some of Hardy's errors.

I'm trying to remember the poster who said this. Sorry can't be more specific.

Thanks Matt in KC. I just now noticed you found Nucci's post <_<

Same here. Easley has been getting open consistently in practices and I was hoping to get a chance to see him do that on the field in gametime this year. Let's keep our fingers crossed.

Guess you missed the earlier post that said he's out for the season. So, he's out for the season, meaning you won't get to see what he can do on the field this year.

I don't recall which poster mentioned it, but this person said that Moulds was asked to come into camp (i'm guessing last year? but not sure) to talk to the wide receivers. That's when Moulds tried to correct some of Hardy's errors.

That's the one. It has been posted, repeated and linked to a few times, I think. And that's a 3rd hand account to begin with. (I'm not suggesting it isn't accurate.)

Guess you missed the earlier post that said he's out for the season. So, he's out for the season, meaning you won't get to see what he can do on the field this year.

I must have missed that post, too. The only posts I see are that he MIGHT be out for the season. No decision has been made, as far as I can tell.

Huggins has been release, however.

Thanks Matt in KC. I just now noticed you found Nucci's post <_<

Buttressing your point I just heard a reporter for WGR, Joe Buscaglia, covering the camp. His comments on Hardy is that he constantly repeats his mistakes and doesn't seem to be able to master the details of running routes. The reporter also made the point that a very short CB, Lankster, is able to stifle him. Buscaglia also stated that the major beneficiary of an Easley injury is Hardy because it raises the odds of him staying on the roster. In general, Hardy has been less than impressive. Poor drafting=poor results.

I must have missed that post, too. The only posts I see are that he MIGHT be out for the season. No decision has been made, as far as I can tell.

Huggins has been release, however.

There is nothing about Easley being done on Rotoworld, the Bills website, or anything else I could find.

So, it doesn't look like taking the TVs out of the weight room, doing more squats, practicing more with pads, adding knee braces to the OL or hiring 2 strength and conditioning coaches is doing very much to reduce injuries. I'm not criticizing. At least the Bills are trying something but what is the answer here? It's very frustrating.

The guys injured lately are rookies; they're not in NFL shape yet so I'm not surprised that they're getting hurt in their first NFL camp.

The rookies who do end up playing will probably run out of gas after 10 games because it will be their first NFL season.

It's too bad that the Bills will have to rely on rookies so much this year.

I don't understand all the talk about getting Shawn Nelson better skilled at blocking as a TE. <_<

Like Easley, he's built like a brick sh**house and can fly. Screw TE! Get that guy in the slot!!

Easley or not, Nelson would be a better WR, IMO!

I don't understand all the talk about getting Shawn Nelson better skilled at blocking as a TE. :w00t:

Like Easley, he's built like a brick sh**house and can fly. Screw TE! Get that guy in the slot!!

Easley or not, Nelson would be a better WR, IMO!

I do like your idea about Shawn Nelson. I think that David Nelson may make the team in place of Hardy. The Bills also have promising rookie receivers in addition to Easley. Note that Roosevelt did well as a returner today. He has great hands and just might find a role on Special teams. Jones is a tough kid who also excels as a blocker. Hardy will have to do something dramatic to make this team. Perhaps they can deal Hardy for a low round pick.

I do like your idea about Shawn Nelson. I think that David Nelson may make the team in place of Hardy. The Bills also have promising rookie receivers in addition to Easley. Note that Roosevelt did well as a returner today. He has great hands and just might find a role on Special teams. Jones is a tough kid who also excels as a blocker. Hardy will have to do something dramatic to make this team. Perhaps they can deal Hardy for a low round pick.

In light of Shawn Nelson's suspension maybe it's Hardy who benefits most. Perhaps Hardy can be used as the second or number two tight end until Nelson returns from his suspension.

In light of Shawn Nelson's suspension maybe it's Hardy who benefits most. Perhaps Hardy can be used as the second or number two tight end until Nelson returns from his suspension.

Hardy doesn't even know how to play WR well. I'd be shocked if he'd be able to just pick up another position in a matter of weeks.