Go To Camp and see for Yourself,Edwards is WAY BETTER!

Driffill

Please do not take this from me, go to Bills Camp, a very enjoyable experience and watch the 4 QB's doing all the drills. You will see what Chan has seen, Trent Edwards is heads and shoulders better than the other 3. This is very easy to see in all facets. Trent will be fine running a Run 1st attack that Gailey is known for , and imagine this they are finding ways to get the ball to Parrish, what a thought. I am not saying this turn around is going to happen in 1 year, but the camp is run compared to previous years, it is night and day. Our only concern will be if Trent gets hurt, maybe Brohm will develop into a capable back up. I think Fitz gets cut due to making too much money.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest dog14787
Trent always has looked better in camp then in games, so I need to see him play well in games before I start believing he is developing

But you do have to admit this camps a little different from those in the past and TE might actually be developing properly like a young QB should be developing during training camp,

Brian Brohm is also coming on real strong in my opinion and just goes to show what good coaching/ scheming can do for a QB's confidence and development.

Guest dog14787
My guess is that Fitzpatrick's gone. Brohm's advanced enough to be a respectable backup, and Brown's the prospect. Fitzpatrick may not last through the first round of cuts.

Brian Brohm is being groomed for future starting material and I still think Fitzpatrick is better equipped mentally for a backup role.

It will go TE, Fitzpatrick, and Brohm on the depth chart when the season starts in my opinion,

Not to take away from Brohms accomplishments under Gailey, because If TE gets hurt for any length of time, Brohm would then in all probability be geared up for the start, (my opinion)

There's absolutely no reason to rush Brohms development, let the young fella learn the new offense and get a better feel for what Gailey's looking for in a QB and when his time comes Brohm will be ready.

My guess is that Fitzpatrick's gone. Brohm's advanced enough to be a respectable backup, and Brown's the prospect. Fitzpatrick may not last through the first round of cuts.

That's been my guess too, just based on the sum of all the various camp and OTA reports.

Brian Brohm is being groomed for future starting material and I still think Fitzpatrick is better equipped mentally for a backup role.

It will go TE, Fitzpatrick, and Brohm on the depth chart when the season starts in my opinion,

Not to take away from Brohms accomplishments under Gailey, because If TE gets hurt for any length of time, Brohm would then in all probability be geared up for the start, (my opinion)

There's absolutely no reason to rush Brohms development, let the young fella learn the new offense and get a better feel for what Gailey's looking for in a QB and when his time comes Brohm will be ready.

I for the most part agree with your assessment. However I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around how it's possible to do all this developing. Edwards needs to develop, Brohm needs to develop and be groomed, Fitz can't be developed beyond what he is, Brown needs to develop. That's a lot of developing.

I know it sounds like I'm trying to be a smart butt, but (no pun intended) how can all this developing evolve into determining the future? Do you know what I mean? It seems to me like someone better step up, or a new guy (dare I say it), will be brought in next year to be developed.

I for the most part agree with your assessment. However I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around how it's possible to do all this developing. Edwards needs to develop, Brohm needs to develop and be groomed, Fitz can't be developed beyond what he is, Brown needs to develop. That's a lot of developing.

I know it sounds like I'm trying to be a smart butt, but (no pun intended) how can all this developing evolve into determining the future? Do you know what I mean? It seems to me like someone better step up, or a new guy (dare I say it), will be brought in next year to be developed.

This is very likely why they won't win a lot this year. I'm expecting better things from this staff, but it may take some time because of this developing process.

Edwards is probably close to being a legit QB and Brohm/Brown are in need of experience at this level. I also wouldn't be surprised to see Fitzpatrick cut, but only if Brown shows something during camp & the preseason games.

This is very likely why they won't win a lot this year. I'm expecting better things from this staff, but it may take some time because of this developing process.

Edwards is probably close to being a legit QB and Brohm/Brown are in need of experience at this level. I also wouldn't be surprised to see Fitzpatrick cut, but only if Brown shows something during camp & the preseason games.

So do you see my point? Say Edwards, Brohm, and Brown are the 3 QB's that make the team. They all need to be developed. Can it be possible to devote enough "developing" to all three of them, and be able to make a sound decision on what to do next year? Seems like a daunting task to me. That's why I think they aren't going to commit to developing all 3 long term. I don't see how they can.

Guest dog14787

I know what you mean

But you do have to admit this camps a little different from those in the past and TE might actually be developing properly like a young QB should be developing during training camp,

Brian Brohm is also coming on real strong in my opinion and just goes to show what good coaching/ scheming can do for a QB's confidence and development.

I will admit that I am really impressed with Chan (and Nix too) with how they are handling camp, all of the positional battles, etc. They are instilling confidence in me that they will make either Trent or Brohm into a serviceable QB this year (I have little hope from Fitz who seems to be having a bad camp by all accounts). I still need to see it games from either QB first though. But, none the less, I am really comfortable with Chan and Nix right now and I only hope that this translates into a foundation setting year of this organizations turn around.

I have nothing personal against Trent, just hated the way he has played in the past. If Chan can get more out of him and he can start putting points on the board then great. But, I need him to do it in games and with some consistency. Even though I am high on Brohm, I still need him to prove it games too.

I agree with nearly everything you say. The only difference I see is that Fitz has to be the odd man out. Out of all 4 QBs, Gailey/Nix chose one of them. There's no way Brown gets cut. It's gotta be Fitz.

That still doesn't make him a starting quality NFL QB.

At times, given time, he has looked capable. However, I wonder if he has fully recovered from the concussions. I mean this as will he be so nervous of on rushing defenders that he will lose poise and confidence.

One other item (I believe critical) he will have a comprehensive gameplan going into a game, and not drawing it up as we go.

Guest dog14787
I will admit that I am really impressed with Chan (and Nix too) with how they are handling camp, all of the positional battles, etc. They are instilling confidence in me that they will make either Trent or Brohm into a serviceable QB this year (I have little hope from Fitz who seems to be having a bad camp by all accounts). I still need to see it games from either QB first though. But, none the less, I am really comfortable with Chan and Nix right now and I only hope that this translates into a foundation setting year of this organizations turn around.

I have nothing personal against Trent, just hated the way he has played in the past. If Chan can get more out of him and he can start putting points on the board then great. But, I need him to do it in games and with some consistency. Even though I am high on Brohm, I still need him to prove it games too.

I understand why you would be skeptical, especially considering TE's regression over the last two seasons and although I have always argued it goes hand in hand with the regression of the O-line/ coaching staff, its still Trent's responsibility to help improve the situation with good QB play which clearly has not been the case.

I share your views on Gailey/Nix and one thing you can almost bet on is that Gailey is not going to tolerate losing, If Trent Edwards doesn't start winning football games soon and on a consistent basis then Brian Brohm will replace him.

Surprized to see this post, one day after the offense supposedly stunk in practice.

Let's see TE do it in a game before we get excited.

I will admit. I am VERY SKEPTICAL of Trent. He's a good practice and early season player. If I see a string of say 8 or so good league games, then I'll be convinced. If he is indeed the starter week 1 I'll support him fully. But until I see it, I ain't buyin' it.

I remain on the Fitz bandwagon.

Please do not take this from me, go to Bills Camp, a very enjoyable experience and watch the 4 QB's doing all the drills. You will see what Chan has seen, Trent Edwards is heads and shoulders better than the other 3. This is very easy to see in all facets. Trent will be fine running a Run 1st attack that Gailey is known for , and imagine this they are finding ways to get the ball to Parrish, what a thought. I am not saying this turn around is going to happen in 1 year, but the camp is run compared to previous years, it is night and day. Our only concern will be if Trent gets hurt, maybe Brohm will develop into a capable back up. I think Fitz gets cut due to making too much money.

Driffill, excellent commentary on your camp visit.

I have been saying for a long time that Edwards is going to be the starter. (Some people react as if their mother is being insulted whenever support is given for Edwards.) My main concern is how is our OL going to play? As many people have already noted the biggest issue has to do with our OTs. If our line play is at a competent level then for the first time in a long time our offense can function normally.

Your assessment that the camp atmosphere is not only different but better is very encouraging. I sense that Gailey has a plan and a direction and is very purposeful in following it.

You must be aware that because of your positive comments about Edwards DarthIce hates you. Watch your back. He is a fanatic who can be very vindictive. LOL

I have been saying for a long time that Edwards is going to be the starter. (Some people react as if their mother is being insulted whenever support is given for Edwards.)

Yeah, well that's nothing like what happens if you say Fitz should be starter like I do. It will be interesting to see how our QBs perform IN A GAME next weekend. Some guys are good practice players, and some guys are gamers.

Go BILLs !!

I remember going to camp a few years ago when Losman was the starter and thinking how much trouble we were going to be in if he got injured because Edwards looked like garbage. You won't know anything until it's for real. I just hope whomever emerges as the starter can capably lead this offense.

Yeah, well that's nothing like what happens if you say Fitz should be starter like I do. It will be interesting to see how our QBs perform IN A GAME next weekend. Some guys are good practice players, and some guys are gamers.

Go BILLs !!

Saying that Fitz should be the starter is not only like insulting one's mother, but also the revered grandmother! LOL

I understand why you would be skeptical, especially considering TE's regression over the last two seasons and although I have always argued it goes hand in hand with the regression of the O-line/ coaching staff, its still Trent's responsibility to help improve the situation with good QB play which clearly has not been the case.

I share your views on Gailey/Nix and one thing you can almost bet on is that Gailey is not going to tolerate losing, If Trent Edwards doesn't start winning football games soon and on a consistent basis then Brian Brohm will replace him.

I agree. Gailey and Nix will be quicker to judge and move on. Especially since Gailey has no allegiance to any of them with the possible exception of Brown being drafted this year. I suspect this will not be a process but more of a black and white assessment year of our QB's.

How many times does one have to go through the ringer to realize the results will be the same? Trent Edwards is always great at this time of the year, and expectations are always high! New coaches, new schemes, some new players, blah, blah, blah= same results!

I think it's a lot easier for Trent facing his own defensive players vice a real opponent, and the team mood is good seeing that they haven't lost a game yet. The weather is nice etc.....

Do I think Trent will start his first game on fire, and have a hot hand? Yes, I do...He started a few years ago with 4 wins! I think the opponents they play though are more talented and don't think the Bills will start out with a winning record.

But watch out!! Probably 4 or 5 games into the season...Do not be surprised (I expect it..) if Trent Edwards does a downward spiral, gets injured because he has a hard time sensing defensive pressure off the edge, or begins to revert back to his old habits of opting for the short range receivers or tightends rather than throwing down the field. Trent Edwards historically has a tough time in cold weather, in rain, sleet, wind, foggy conditions, or when facing a 3-4 defense including the entire AFC east. He also struggles against winning teams, and away games!

Most of the sports world, at least sources like ESPN, The Sporting news, and other publications seem to collectively agree that the Bills will suffer through a dismal year that should render a 2011 Nfl Draft selection in the top 5 picks! I don't

think it will be as bad as that, I do think the defense has some reedeming qualities with upcoming players like Jairus Byrd, and a couple of good FA acquisitions.

I think the Bills will do better in the second half of the year, giving them hope for 2011. I think it will be obvious once again after 2010 that the Bills need to upgrade the QB, OLT, and WR positions which should have been properly addressed this past off-season. If nothing else this season gives Chan Gailey and Buddy Nix the opportunity to evaluate

exactly where this team is at (which I believe I already know..) My 2010 Regular season prediction is a optimistic

5 wins 11 losses !!! Definitely capped at 7 wins and no less than 3 wins in my humble opinion.

Now, being a fan with blinders on at opening kickoff, I hope you are right! I am wrong! and want to predict 10 wins every year like I used to before I got cynical! Prove me wrong Buffalo !! Lets Go Bills !! :D

Unless our O-line improves I think QB is one dangerous position in Buffalo..

Go BILLs !!

you're a big fat loser. you even have his pix as your avatar!

j/k i'm a fitz supporter too.

chan's conversation to byrd "dont intercept trent. look the other way. run into your teammate"

At times, given time, he has looked capable. However, I wonder if he has fully recovered from the concussions. I mean this as will he be so nervous of on rushing defenders that he will lose poise and confidence.

One other item (I believe critical) he will have a comprehensive gameplan going into a game, and not drawing it up as we go.

I fear nothing more than a week 1 concussion. I hope Chan creates an offense to protect him... His 5-1 start in 2008, given against struggling teams, is a sign of what he is capable of and he's only improved.

Am I correct in thinking that there is no way they'll keep 4 QB's? I don't see how they could risk dumping Fitz and cutting Brown just seems silly. Say what you will, Fitz has been around and can win from time to time if TE goes down again.

I appreciate your post, opinions, and comments. I suspect TE is going to be the starter but I could be wrong. Your post says TE is preforming way better than the other three. I have been reading several camp updates from members here. Their accounts haven't left me with an impression that TE is outperforming the other QB's.

I appreciate your post, opinions, and comments. I suspect TE is going to be the starter but I could be wrong. Your post says TE is preforming way better than the other three. I have been reading several camp updates from members here. Their accounts haven't left me with an impression that TE is outperforming the other QB's.

Just so you understand exactly why you have so many posters convinced you're nothing but a TROLL, I highlighted the attack on the OP in your post.

It may be politely phrased, but it is still an attack on the OP's credibility. It's the same thing you do each and every time you respond to a post that is in any way shape or form optomistic about any Bills Player, Coach, or Front Office Type.

Yet if someone posts something negative you're slobbering all over their knob.

Go Away Troll!

Has trent edwards ever thrown a 300 yard game?

Has trent edwards ever not gotten hurt during a season?

Has trent edwards ever had a winning record for a season?

Has trent edwards thrown more td's than int's in a season?

This is why i am not optimistic of trent very much. i hope brohm/fitz gets the ball in game one when its all said and done. like the great ones say, its not how they start, its how they....

Just so you understand exactly why you have so many posters convinced you're nothing but a TROLL, I highlighted the attack on the OP in your post.

It may be politely phrased, but it is still an attack on the OP's credibility. It's the same thing you do each and every time you respond to a post that is in any way shape or form optomistic about any Bills Player, Coach, or Front Office Type.

Yet if someone posts something negative you're slobbering all over their knob.

Go Away Troll!

You are very impolite and rude. Why don't you go away. Are you just looking to "pounce" on anything I say.

My post wasn't an attack on him! It was just a simple statement and observation that I didn't see that from other posters. If I were on attack mood the tone wouldn't have been nice. i was just simply opening up for discussion if TE is actually doing better. It was no attack. It wasn't remotely a troll statement.

Your attacks are unwarranted, unfounded, and unprofessional. You are way out of line. As some may have noticed, I have been trying to change. Others like yourself are looking for every opportunity to "lambest" me.

Your reply to me is embarrassing and you should be ashamed of your behavior. An apology would be the correct thing to do. Lets see if you can muster up an apology. I have my doubts.