The Auto Bailout

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A success! Good job Mr. Bush and Mr. Obama in saving an American industry that is recovering nicely. Anti-business my a-hole! :devil:

At what cost to taxpayers? How do you measure the success of the bailout? Number of jobs "saved"? If so please provide the cost to taxpayers for each job.

Did you see the video of Obama driving the new Volt a whole three feet? That was pretty funny. Reminded me of Michael Keaton at the end of "Gung Ho," wiping down a windshield that didn't exist to make it look like another high quality car is coming off the line.

"Gentlemen. I'm going home in my new car." :devil:

A success! Good job Mr. Bush and Mr. Obama in saving an American industry that is recovering nicely. Anti-business my a-hole! :devil:

Of course, the industry got royally !@#$ed over by the government in favor of the unions.

Your childish understanding of what happened with the "Auto Bailout" aka union payback has me envisioning you tap dancing on the oversized keyboard in the F A O Schwartz Toy Store as you ooh and ah over the Pretender-in-Chief.

Please, this is not over, they will be looking for another bail out in 5 to 10 years, it’s happened before with Chrysler in 1979 and it will happen again.

Harley Davidson also. The banks, too. Big Government is basically saving the whole lot of these companies. Good. What's government for? To provide for the General Welfare. Good job Big Government! The Libertarians would have us living in a world of crap and say its good for us.

Oh, and more bad news this anti-business administration is visting to the world:

NEW YORK (AP) -- The stock market began August with a huge rally after economic and earnings reports from around the world revived investors' faith in the global recovery.

The Dow Jones industrial average jumped 163 points in afternoon trading. Major stock indexes all rose more than 1 percent.

The market rallied at the opening bell on upbeat economic news from China and earnings reports from European banks. Then, shortly after trading began, investors got a surprisingly good report on U.S. manufacturing. The Institute for Supply Management said its manufacturing index slipped to 55.5 in July from 56.2 a month earlier.

Oh, and more bad news this anti-business administration is visting to the world:

Then, shortly after trading began, investors got a surprisingly good report on U.S. manufacturing. The Institute for Supply Management said its manufacturing index slipped to 55.5 in July from 56.2 a month earlier.

Hmm, I guess that's one way to interpret that data... Why don't we take out the adjectives to describe the report, and just go by the facts.

Like this:

http://www.cnbc.com/id/38520933

The U.S. manufacturing sector grew in July at its slowest pace this year, according to an industry report Monday, but at a rate that was slightly stronger than expected.

New orders also fell to their lowest level since June 2009. An employment component rose.

or how about this:

http://noir.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20...ikLlQ&pos=2

The manufacturing rebound that propelled the U.S. out of the recession cooled in July, reflecting a slowing in orders and production.

The Institute for Supply Management’s manufacturing gauge dropped to 55.5 last month, exceeding the median forecast of economists surveyed by Bloomberg News, from 56.2 in June. Readings greater than 50 indicate growth. The group’s bookings gauge, considered a leading indicator, fell to a one-year low.

“It’s important to keep an eye on the new-orders index, which has lost a lot of ground in the past two months,” said Michael Moran, chief economist at Daiwa Capital Markets America Inc. in New York, who accurately forecast the ISM reading. “It’s signaling a slower pace of growth, though it still suggests expansion in the economy.”

Manufacturing “is not really getting help from the rest of the economy,” Ore said. “Job creation is not happening very quickly.”

As I've said many times before, the only area that is showing real growth is our companies that cater to the growing economies such as China, India etc. Domestically speaking, there is very little growth, hence the lack of hiring from the small businesses, which is the engine of our economy.

“You’ve got strong growth in India and China that provides demand for commodities,” Ed Rapp, chief financial officer of the Peoria, Illinois-based company, said in an interview on July 22. “Most of the mining is happening in the developing parts of the world.”

Oh, and regarding my prediction of 2% GDP growth for the remainder of the year, and your ignorant response. hmmmm

2.4% for Q2

Q3 will be below 2%

Looks as if I will be right again. :)

Harley Davidson also. The banks, too. Big Government is basically saving the whole lot of these companies. Good. What's government for? To provide for the General Welfare. Good job Big Government! The Libertarians would have us living in a world of crap and say its good for us.

So big government buys up a bunch of companies with our money to allow gargantuan corporations to survive at the expense of small business, and you hold this up as a great success? I thought you guys were all about small business and fought against the concentration of power and wealth in a few big entities.

In a free market, those companies go under, the valuable assets are bought up by other companies who can use them more efficiently, the whole system becomes better for it, and the government doesn't stick the rest of the population with the bill. But according to you the role of government isn't the protection of freedoms but rather to protect big business from market forces.

P.S. You might want to tell Gibbs and the rest of the blind obedient sheep that Ford is doing quite well. How much did they get again?

So big government buys up a bunch of companies with our money to allow gargantuan corporations to survive at the expense of small business, and you hold this up as a great success? I thought you guys were all about small business and fought against the concentration of power and wealth in a few big entities.

In a free market, those companies go under, the valuable assets are bought up by other companies who can use them more efficiently, the whole system becomes better for it, and the government doesn't stick the rest of the population with the bill. But according to you the role of government isn't the protection of freedoms but rather to protect big business from market forces.

But Dave is still upset about the CEO's comp.

Did you see the video of Obama driving the new Volt a whole three feet? That was pretty funny. Reminded me of Michael Keaton at the end of "Gung Ho," wiping down a windshield that didn't exist to make it look like another high quality car is coming off the line.

"Gentlemen. I'm going home in my new car." :blink:

Well played! :)

It's not his naivety or stupidity so much as the sheer arrogance with which he presents his feeble minded blind allegiance to his retarded cause that runs all over me.

My favorite part is him blaming a faceless boogie man that has never spent a single second ruling anything. The whole time he's lauding the theft of taxpayer money we don't have to save special interests because of their own greed while his masters were at the stick THE ENTIRE TIME.

Yeah, this is all over. :lol: