Hangartner fight with Maybin

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The tenor remained tense for a few more hard-hitting plays. Then Bills guard Eric Wood expressed a different sentiment to Maybin, the 11th overall pick in last year's draft who didn't start a game and finished the season with nine solo tackles.

"Give back some of that money you ain't [expletive] earned!" Wood screamed at the defensive huddle.

:censored:

Wood=My New Favorite Bill

Tough SOB

Its not tough to call someone out on his salary. It's just stupid. That is some TO ****. Hypocrisy on this board kills me. E. Wood ain't doing too bad for himself either in terms of salary.

And while I agree that it was wrong to say it, it shows that the players want to see more out of Maybin than he's shown. Hopefully it works.

Untrue. Link

Isn't he a bills employee? I wouldn't expect any employee of the buffalo bills to be calling out a player.

regardless, I think there's a strong possibility this was a borderline hit, and yes I understand these things happen. But Aaron Maybin sucks until proven otherwise, and I don't have a problem with people holding this against him. I also think there's a very good chance that many people on teh team hate him.

If it was a backup DE with 9 takcles last season who wasn't a first round draft pick, I wouldn't want him tackling our starting RB even close to the end of a play.

Dean, I see that the issue is whether he cheap shotted the guy or not. If the action of the play is over and maybin still hit him, then I consider the play to be over. This is practice. How quickly the whistle may have blown really is not the issue.

Did you play football? It seems like you dont understand what I am saying at all. Maybe you just want to argue with me. Either way, I dont want to talk about this anymore.

IT'S FOOTBALL WITH FULL PADS. It happens all the time. Defensive guys want to hit people. I love it. And I love that the olinemen defended their guy. I guarantee Maybin and those guys will be laughing about it later tonight.

I defended Jauron and still don't think he is as terrible as he is made out to be here. But I love hearing this. Hopefully, this team will have a physical attitude this season.

Wood=My New Favorite Bill

Tough SOB

+1. Wood is just a great player all around. He broke the mold for OLman. He's all you could want from that position.

I get the impression the coaches have Maybin on VERY short leash and have instructed the leaders on the OLine to get after him. It'll be interesting to see how he responds.

GO BILLS!!!

You obviously have never played a sport in your life. He didn't sucker punch him, they have pads on for a reason. I am just happy Maybin is showing some fire. Good for Hangartner, we centers don't take any SH_T!!

Exactly it got a little rough not a big deal at all. Stuff like that happens all the time at any level of football in practices (High School College CFL NFL).

Someone should start a thread with tim grahams view of the incident. Maybin was way out of line. When a veteran gets in your face, just take it, dont punch the guy. I have heard that Maybin is not well liked on this team, and not just by schobel, too.

You sound crazy. If anyone gets in your face on a football field as a football player you handle him. PERIOD. If not players will always try to punk you and they won't respect you. This is a different thing from carrying shoulder pads to the locker room. And who knows what Maybin is or isn't in the locker room; unless you are playing. I've seen Schobel interviewed. He never seems to like much so I wouldn't go by him. They don't have to like each other. They just have to play well.

Actually he said it was just a shove at the end of a play.

And you have turned that into a hit after the play. Repeatedly

With your recurring tendency to exaggerate or even make things up, you should reconsider your habit of making claims about things players wives say that you've heard third-hand through unnamed sources.

Simon, you will notice that my story, heard third hand through wives, was true and has been corroborated in the media. I lived next door to the guy. My neighbors will tell me these things. Nothing I have said about him has been other than the gospel truth. That makes you someone trying awfully hard to say something bad about me.

Tim Graham described it as a shove, not a hit. Man, whatever.

You sound crazy. If anyone gets in your face on a football field as a football player you handle him. PERIOD. If not players will always try to punk you and they won't respect you. This is a different thing from carrying shoulder pads to the locker room. And who knows what Maybin is or isn't in the locker room; unless you are playing. I've seen Schobel interviewed. He never seems to like much so I wouldn't go by him. They don't have to like each other. They just have to play well.

If it was a normal fight, I can see where you are coming from. But if you cheap shot a guy, dont compound your mistake and ratchet it up by throwing a punch. I think saying that is crazy is an exaggeration, but you can have your opinion.

It's a football field, not the street, g-unit. Nobody gives a **** about getting punked after plays if you control your gap and make the other guy look like a schlub.

Oh no, i'm a PUNK in front of my own teammates, see you at the pro-bowl sucka'

For what it's worth (probably not much to those who simply hate Maybin and look for any reason to bash him), there are multiple accounts of this event. Here are a few I have yet to see posted:

http://blogs.buffalonews.com/billboard/201...-on-day-2-.html

http://www.wkbw.com/sports/Training-Camp--...e-99632139.html

http://www.newsok.com/bills-c-hangartner-l...adline_nfl-news

http://www.wgr550.com/Bills--Camp-Gets-Physical/7808927

None except Graham call it a "cheap shot". None, including Graham, claim it was late/after the play/etc. Most refer to it as a "shove", some also mention Maybin used his shoulder pad on the shove. Clearly this was not a "tackle", but Fred went to the ground on the force of the shove.

Sounds like it is much ado about very, very little. Stuff like this will happen dozens of times this TC.

EDIT: In addition to the above (from the Billboard article above):

Said Hangartner: "He hit our starting running back in the back when he wasn’t looking, so I went over and kind of let him know that we didn’t appreciate that and the O-line is going to stick up for our guys. We’re trying to establish an identity on the O-line of being tough and taking care of our backs. It’s going to be physical and guys are going to have confrontations. The more physical it is the more chippy guys are going to be. It’s a part of football. Everybody got a little fired up. It was fun. It made practice a little more fun."

Maybin showed speed around the edge at times this morning. Reggie Torbor is bigger (even though they're both listed at 250), which is likely one reason why he's starting on first downs. He's stouter. On passing situations this morning, Torbor came out and Maybin came on with the starters. The Bills were using some four-man lines in passing situations, as the coaches have said they would do all along.

The tenor remained tense for a few more hard-hitting plays. Then Bills guard Eric Wood expressed a different sentiment to Maybin, the 11th overall pick in last year's draft who didn't start a game and finished the season with nine solo tackles.

"Give back some of that money you ain't [expletive] earned!" Wood screamed at the defensive huddle.

I love it! Maybin should give back the money. He is nothing but an overhyped thug by Penn St fans