Hangartner fight with Maybin

You dont hit a guy from behind after a play in practice.

Correct. Except there is NO indication this was AFTER the play.

This is actually one of the few positive things I've heard about Maybin in a while. He got a little over aggressive and then held his ground against a vet. No account suggest it was a hard hit or was likely to lead to an injury. Good for him (and good for Hangartner, too).

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The tenor remained tense for a few more hard-hitting plays. Then Bills guard Eric Wood expressed a different sentiment to Maybin, the 11th overall pick in last year's draft who didn't start a game and finished the season with nine solo tackles.

"Give back some of that money you ain't [expletive] earned!" Wood screamed at the defensive huddle.

:censored:

wood is a ten year vet in a 2nd yrs body, he is the greatest bills player since phil hanson retired.

kick his ass seabass!

cut the punk.

fred jackson was an mvp candidate last season. if freeney did that to payton, oooooooohhhh.

Tim grahams account said it was from behind at the end of the play. The point is it was a cheapshot. Normally in practice you hit full on, but you do try not to injure your teammates. You dont hit a receiver laying out for a ball, or someone from behind when they dont expect it.

Coaches want players that play for each other, not cheapshot our stars.

I did fail to do that. In focusing on Wood's comments it shows me he's one player to look at as a team leader going forward. Stroud already has that reputation and it is nice to see a second-year Guard step up to defend one of the offensive play-makers.

It's good to see Hangman/Wood sticking-up for Jackson, and it's also good to see Stroud sticking-up for Maybin. If Stroud thought Maybin was a jerk, he'd probably have said nothing. And I hope that in a real game, Hangman and Wood take it to an opposing player that they think is taking liberties with one of their own.

Tim grahams account said it was from behind at the end of the play. The point is it was a cheapshot.

AT the end of the play. Not "after". HUGE difference and you should know that. There is no reason to lie to make a point.

The tenor remained tense for a few more hard-hitting plays. Then Bills guard Eric Wood expressed a different sentiment to Maybin, the 11th overall pick in last year's draft who didn't start a game and finished the season with nine solo tackles.

"Give back some of that money you ain't [expletive] earned!" Wood screamed at the defensive huddle.

:censored:

FUnny, but completely unprofessional and im sure the vets will talk to him about this. You dont talk the business side with another player especially as an insult. plenty of other ways to do it.

Grahams account has Maybin dumping Hangartner. Which I also love. I hope Maybin crushes some of these dudes.

For anyone who is angry at either Wood/Hangartner or Maybin/Stroud. Get a grip! And to be fair, Maybin handled the quotes post-brawl better than anyone else.

Let them go at it. So long as no one gets hurt. Anyone have video?

Graham obviously thought Maybin was in the wrong...as he says, he was 20 yards from the play, and the headline of the post calls Maybin's hit a "Cheap Shot"

Maybin has to put up or shut up, I don't give a **** who gives better sound bites

Yea? Did you see a video of it?

My only point is, if you have ever watched any kind of football practice or scrimmage, people get hit from behind. And guess what? It is ALWAYS the culture of a football team to have some animosity between the offense and defense. And furthermore, the offense is ALWAYS complaining about getting hit too hard in practice. And the defense can't stand it, because guess what? They are getting hit too!

Maybe he did in fact push him after the play is over. But, unless you show me a video of Maybin driving Fred to the ground at least 3 seconds after the whistle, give me a break. I don't care for this righteous bull **** anymore than I care for Maybin's arrogance.

do you realize its training camp?

It's good to see Hangman/Wood sticking-up for Jackson, and it's also good to see Stroud sticking-up for Maybin. If Stroud thought Maybin was a jerk, he'd probably have said nothing. And I hope that in a real game, Hangman and Wood take it to an opposing player that they think is taking liberties with one of their own.

Exactly. This all went exactly as it should, based on the accounts. It's O vs D in TC.

FUnny, but completely unprofessional and im sure the vets will talk to him about this. You dont talk the business side with another player especially as an insult. plenty of other ways to do it.

Agreed. I like Wood's fire, but the boys won't be happy about a comment like that. That is "stupid fan" talk. Of course, we have plenty of those here.

AT the end of the play. Not "after". HUGE difference and you should know that. There is no reason to lie to make a point.

You really didn't hesitate to call me a liar. I corrected myself before, but that didn't stop you. I dont really see the difference, it was a cheapshot from behind at the end of the play. I think you are trying to argue and looking at the letter of this rather than what really happened.

Tim grahams account said it was from behind at the end of the play.

Actually he said it was just a shove at the end of a play.

And you have turned that into a hit after the play. Repeatedly

With your recurring tendency to exaggerate or even make things up, you should reconsider your habit of making claims about things players wives say that you've heard third-hand through unnamed sources.

You really didn't hesitate to call me a liar. I corrected myself before, but that didn't stop you. I dont really see the difference, it was a cheapshot from behind. I think you are looking at the letter of this rather than what really happened.

Sounds like it was a shove in the back. That's hardly a cheap shot, and much worse has, and will, go down in training camps all over the country. Sometimes you shove a guy in the back and he stays up, sometimes he goes down. That's just the way it is.

I called you a liar, because you were already corrected in another thread (and seemed to understand it was at the end of the play) but decided to say it was after the play again in this thread to make your point. A tackle is ALWAYS at the end of the play, isn't it?

Sounds like it was a shove in the back. That's hardly a cheap shot, and much worse has, and will, go down in training camps all over the country. Sometimes you shove a guy in the back and he stays up, sometimes he goes down. That's just the way it is.

I called you a liar, because you were already corrected in another thread (and seemed to understand it was at the end of the play) but decided to say it was after the play again in this thread to make your point. A tackle is ALWAYS at the end of the play, isn't it?

Unless they score a touchdown, even then sometimes you still tackle them. Just ask Donte.

Still one of my favorite moments!