Hangartner fight with Maybin

I'm not understanding how this makes Maybin an "immature clown" at all. He hit Fred (they have pads on) and Geoff took offense to that and put Maybin on the ground. Just sounds like competitive fire to me.

Maybin sounds like a punk to me. I'd like to see Wood knock his head off!

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's good to see Hangman/Wood sticking-up for Jackson, and it's also good to see Stroud sticking-up for Maybin. If Stroud thought Maybin was a jerk, he'd probably have said nothing. And I hope that in a real game, Hangman and Wood take it to an opposing player that they think is taking liberties with one of their own.

+1

It finally nice to see some fire on all sides. Hopefully it will carry into the regular season.

I'm not choosing sides ready to trash one player over another because where I stand as a Bills fan,

every player on the team needs to give back some of the money they earned last year.

Hopefully Maybin and the entire offensive line (as well as others) will start playing like the pro's they are paid to be.

I like Wood and hope he turns out to be the real deal. But the guy has played a total of ten NFL games, to date.

I like his moxie in supporting his offensive teammate, but what he chose to say showed little class and probably won't play well in the locker room.

Thank you, Dean! Great, great point---totally lost in this discussion.

Wood hasn't really earned the money they payed him either, technically. I don't mind him trashing Maybin a bit, but for one second year guy to get on another second year guy (both first rounders) about money is silly. It's not his place to make such a comment. Let a real vet woof on him about money.

For all of you who say Maybin is immature bc he rocked Fred. Shut. Up. You are making these posts painful to read through.

This happens every training camp. I'm just happy Maybin is getting into it.

Wouldn't be funny if it ended up like the Troy Vincent/JP Losman incident though. Just sayin'.

I'm not understanding how this makes Maybin an "immature clown" at all. He hit Fred (they have pads on) and Geoff took offense to that and put Maybin on the ground. Just sounds like competitive fire to me.

He hit Fred in the back after the play was over ... it wasn't a tackle it was a CHEAP SHOT from a guy who obviously is having problems making plays even in the OTA's and hence his demotion to the "2's"

He hit Fred in the back after the play was over ... it wasn't a tackle it was a CHEAP SHOT from a guy who obviously is having problems making plays even in the OTA's and hence his demotion to the "2's"

Not ONE report claims it was after the play was over....and it was a shove.

if this incident didn't involve Maybin (the fans new whipping boy) and Frad Jackson (the fans new Golden Boy), this would have been a non issue.

Football is all about contact and hitting. Its great to see Maybin getting physical, and its great to see players getting fired up about it. I would expect the offensive guys to be mad about the hit, and I like that the defence encourages this kind of physical play. From one report it says that it wasn't a hit from behind, but a hit from the side, and apparently it was a non issue when something similar happened and Maybin hit Bell (the undrafted RB) in a similar way yesterday. Its also been reported that after this play the defence hit the offence alot harder on the next few plays. I'm glad to see the defence growing some balls and showing some toughness. Jaurons team probably would have hugged it out afterwards

Chris Browns report said it was more of a hit from the side as he got up under jacksons arm and shoulder pads causing him to go down, it was also as jackson was starting to slow down

i was there and reported on it. i didn't see the actual hit, except to assume -- and confirm -- that it was from behind because of how Jackson slid nearly three yards across the field right in front of me. a push, shove, whichever, it wasn't a light one for Jackson to go that far.

jw

Actually he said it was just a shove at the end of a play.

And you have turned that into a hit after the play. Repeatedly

With your recurring tendency to exaggerate or even make things up, you should reconsider your habit of making claims about things players wives say that you've heard third-hand through unnamed sources.

Making more crap up, eh?

Your credibility seemingly diminishes with every key stroke.

My story that Schobel was looking to rent is true. Having seen the video and heard from many different people, it is arguable how you want to characterize the hard shove/hit at the end of the play or after. I think that you want very badly to call me a liar, and I do not know why you feel this way.

Simon, I just noticed that you are a moderator. Did you take down my Aaron Schobel tell all, 100% of which was absolutely true?

I don't want to start and argument with a moderator. I have not lied. I am not a liar, please do not call me one.

I love it! If this did not involve Maybin it would be a totally different tone. Everyone would be loving the fact that the team is showing attitude and has a bit of an edge.

BUT... Since it is Maybin he is a dirty POS and should be kicked off the team, is that correct?

I say let them fight, it will only end up bringing them closer in teh end.

I disagree. Let the o-linemen and d-line/lbs mix it up all you want, but leave the skill guys (Jackson) out of it.