Hangartner fight with Maybin

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Class should never go out the window, IMO.

It's tough to be a leader, IMO, if you are attacking things like contracts and not play on the field. I'm not down on Wood about it, as he is young and I suspect this is a one-time thing. It may be nothing at all...perhaps Wood and Maybin trade barbs on the money stuff all the time, as a joke between them. But in general talk like this doesn't help one become a leader in the locker room. And this team needs leaders in the locker room, IMO.

OK, point taken, maybe it was below the belt a bit, but if it lights a fire under Maybin's arse, then it was well worth it.

It's early, but this stuff does have a way of bonding teammates, and should pay divedends down the road.

Video of the "brawl" is now up on bb.com....

http://www.buffalobills.com/media-lounge/v...a6-f4650ed802e1

It must be a really, really slow news day....Where's Steve Smith breaking jaws when you need him.

Its nice to see a little fire. Its also nice to see a little jawing. What Wood said to Maybin is no worse than the usual "when i porked your wife last night she said it was nice to finally have a real freaking man" banter that usually goes on... Nice to see a little fire.

By the way--really nice catch and run by Marcus Easley and a great INT by Davis....

i find it even more unlikely that any member of this team has wasted more than 2 seconds thinking about it. it's a pretty general rule in the league that you worry about your contract and your money, not the next guys. when you hear players wanting to be the highest paid at their position, its not that they feel the other guy doesnt deserve it, they just feel like they deserve it more. and if anything, theyre glad that person is making that much so they can make even more.

players do NOT hold other's salaries against them.

it was a sweet burn, and thats all it was.

i don't buy that...i doubt there's a player in the league who hasn't thought about a random teammate being over or underpaid...this is just one example of that

what wood said is completely classless

i don't buy that...i doubt there's a player in the league who hasn't thought about a random teammate being over or underpaid...this is just one example of that

what wood said is completely classless

do you not have other guy friends that you hang out with and bust balls? any co-workers you are on a friendly basis with that if they screwed up a little you'd make a joke out of it?

thats all this is. everyone relax.

And by the way, I love Wood as much as the next guy, but can someone please me tell me why I keep reading posts that say "I really respect Wood so much". Or, "If wood did this, it really must mean something is up".

This is yet another player overhyped by Buffalo bc he comes off as "blue collar" and "really tough".

Now, don't get me wrong. He is ALL of those things. And is a great kid, with a good football attitude.

But holy crap, lets not retire his jersey just yet! God damn. Other than sign on time (or close to on time), play well on a ****ty O-line and come back quick from an injury...he hasn't done anything yet himself! I bet you he will. But, lets hold off on the accolades for the time being.

couldnt have said it better. same things happens with sabres players.... overhype blue collar guys with less talent. And no, i dont mean wood doesnt have talent.

He made a rookie mistake with his maybin comment. A vet will talk to him and the earth will keep spinning.

That's right, because Wood is the team veteran leader right?

Maybin is a scrub, a cocky bust of a first rounder who nobody likes or wants there. Otherwise, wood probably wouldnt have said that. I have heard from several people with the bills that maybin is an idiot. He doesnt pay attention in practice, and hasnt put on weight.

The tenor remained tense for a few more hard-hitting plays. Then Bills guard Eric Wood expressed a different sentiment to Maybin, the 11th overall pick in last year's draft who didn't start a game and finished the season with nine solo tackles.

"Give back some of that money you ain't [expletive] earned!" Wood screamed at the defensive huddle.

:lol:

Excellent! :censored::worthy:

It must be a really, really slow news day....Where's Steve Smith breaking jaws when you need him.

Its nice to see a little fire. Its also nice to see a little jawing. What Wood said to Maybin is no worse than the usual "when i porked your wife last night she said it was nice to finally have a real freaking man" banter that usually goes on... Nice to see a little fire.

By the way--really nice catch and run by Marcus Easley and a great INT by Davis....

Chris Brown is one creepy-looking guy.

does this video freeze at 1:09 everytime for anyone else? WTF

Maybin is a scrub, a cocky bust of a first rounder who nobody likes or wants there. Otherwise, wood probably wouldnt have said that. I have heard from several people with the bills that maybin is an idiot. He doesnt pay attention in practice, and hasnt put on weight.

I love what wood said. It is about time we had a real leader on offense.

both of you guys are out of your mind, clouded by unwarranted hatred towards Maybin. get over it. everyone on the team has.

To be honest dude, I really hope the other 1,500 posts you've made are way more intelligent than the ones you've made about this forgettable incident. It's not even worth debating anymore.

Though, I do look forward to hearing from you when Maybin has a strong season.

I think you are an idiot, but I was not going to make it personal just because you dont know what you are talking about. What is your problem?

I played defensive end on a team in the air force and I had a gaurd who had played D1football fighting with me all the time during practice for roughing our running back. We had a fist fight nearly every practice, but he was one of my best friends off the field. Football is kind of like that.

both of you guys are out of your mind, clouded by unwarranted hatred towards Maybin. get over it. everyone on the team has.

Actually it sounds like NOT everyone on the team has gotten over it. Not saying that is right or wrong, but based upon a verified quote from Wood and an alleged quote from Schobel, there seems to be some animosity toward Maybin from other players on the roster.