"I know what they can do in shorts...'

INDEED!

I also like this quote from Freddy J:

''No TVs,'' added running back Fred Jackson. ''He kind of felt like it was a spa in there. He wants us to go in there and work out. And I think that's what they're trying to nail home. Guys are buying into that.''

There's NO WAY we finish worse then 8-8 this year :blink:

Not sure how anyone could argue against what they're trying to do here. It's going to be interesting to see if they can make it happen - and it all starts tomorrow!

Loved the quotes at the end:

''It's all business and no jacking around,'' defensive lineman Chris Kelsay said. ''They want to win. They want to win now.''

That was part of the message when Gailey removed the big-screens in March.

''No TVs,'' added running back Fred Jackson. ''He kind of felt like it was a spa in there. He wants us to go in there and work out. And I think that's what they're trying to nail home. Guys are buying into that.''

Here's to hoping we win now :blink:

I was and am still against the Gailey hire. BUT from what I am seeing Chan has the right attitude and is installing the exact opposite mentality then DJ had. I have to see how Gailey plays out but right now he is doing all the right things.

This guy is saying everything right and from the clip of practice I saw he seems to not be a hardass but not a "gosh golly gee can we try a little harder" type guy either. To me he comes off as respectful of his players but demands and expects a lot from them. These guys want to win but their just kids. They needs someone a lot like Gailey to show them how, IMO.

I really think we got the right duo in Nix and Gailey

Nix's drafting style seems to be tough, smart, hard working, nasty on the field and good character guys off the field. I haven't felt this good about the possibilities out of a Bills draft in years. I swear he reminds me a lot of Bill Polian.

Not sure how anyone could argue against what they're trying to do here. It's going to be interesting to see if they can make it happen - and it all starts tomorrow!

Loved the quotes at the end:

''It's all business and no jacking around,'' defensive lineman Chris Kelsay said. ''They want to win. They want to win now.''

That was part of the message when Gailey removed the big-screens in March.

Here's to hoping we win now :blink:

That's awesome. I could, never, ever, ever imagine a quote like that from a Jauron led team.

No TVs in the weight room and you guys want to have the good ole boys baby :censored:

You are very easy to please :censored:

I know you're kidding I just want to make a point;

It's a lot more than that. It's his business attitude. He's making the players respect the game, IMO. We'll let Fred Jackson say it 'cause he said it best; (from link above)

No TVs in the weight room and you guys want to have the good ole boys baby :censored:

You are very easy to please :blink:

It's not as though the standards are very high for Buffalo fans after the past decade. Thing is, if the team wins 3-6 games as most experts predict, there'll be a lot of fans who chalk this season up to rebuilding. Problem with that is we're always in a wait until next season. I'm not sure the Bills have 2+ years to conduct a rebuild. They must win now or risk losing more fan base.

You are very easy to please :blink:

Yeah, I am. This is a positive step. Whether it pays dividends this year, next, or the year after, at least it's a step in what most would agree is the right direction.

It's not as though the standards are very high for Buffalo fans after the past decade. Thing is, if the team wins 3-6 games as most experts predict, there'll be a lot of fans who chalk this season up to rebuilding. Problem with that is we're always in a wait until next season. I'm not sure the Bills have 2+ years to conduct a rebuild. They must win now or risk losing more fan base.

Well it depends on how they play. If they lose but show growth each week, I can accept that. But I don't think we will lose as much as the haters say. This team won games when the wheels were coming off. Think of all the games we were close in and blew? Imagine the difference a competent game manager would have had? Chan does and says all the right things because that's how he coaches. If the guy sounds like he knows what he's doing, maybe it's because he actually does?

PTR

Yeah, I like Nix and Gailey. Nix, to start with. He might be old, but he's in really good shape for his age, and he doesn't sound like a guy who has trouble thinking, rather, he sounds like he knows exactly what he wants, and when he answers questions he takes a second to think clearly on how to express the straightest answer. He seems honest and he seems to know what it takes, what types of talent, and he's not making any excuses. He's there now, he's not responsible for the past, but he's on the hook for this season and the next. It's refreshing. I think he'll be regarded, in a year or two, as a real sharp G.M. - like his quick response to being one of the GM's who seem to be united in restricting their F.A. acquisitions - he said, not me, if we need someone, and they're a definite upgrade, we'll try to get them, but we're not going to retard the process by adding players who are no better than what we've got.

And Gailey - he's organized, creative, and fundamentally sound. He's got guys teaching, lots of teachers, which these young players need. You see a well coached team, and Tennessee and Patriots come to mind, and it doesn't seem to matter what names are on the field, they all play their positions as they're supposed to, and as a team, they succeed. I think that's how the Bills will be, consisitent, sound, and tough - together as whole units. And, I think we'll be a team other teams will have trouble with, because we have more talent than people give us credit for, and our team will be so new, not a lot of people will know what to expect out of us. It should be a fun few years to come.

i agree i like their style so far.

But TVs in the weight room means nothing... plenty of successful organizations that have won multiple super bowls had tv's in their weight rooms, see pitt.

As for practicing in pads, you guys might lose your hard on when someone goes down with an injury. They dont even go full contact in camp in college for the most part for that same reason.

INDEED!

I also like this quote from Freddy J:

There's NO WAY we finish worse then 8-8 this year :sick:

wow great! another year of mediocrity that helps them stay exactly were they are.

You have a bit of a misnomer in there. They must win now to 'please you'. The Bills actual fanbase remains strong and it will be so next year. I'd expect a lot of positive feelings if the team finished better than .500

As for practicing in pads, you guys might lose your hard on when someone goes down with an injury. They dont even go full contact in camp in college for the most part for that same reason.

I'm worried about that some, too. I was never one who objected strongly to the "less-contact" theories of Levy and Jauron for this very reason.

On the other hand, I think Gailey and Nix are trying to instill a new attitude and general culture of the team after ten years of little success. The chance that some players will be injured in camp is one of the risks that they are willing to take. It's a trade-off, a gamble, like most decisions.

I really liked the Nix interview with the D&C that's posted on the front page today. The reporter asks, "What's your timetable in terms of turning this thing around and seeing progress?" Nix answers "Miami." (the opener).

That bespeaks the new attitude. They expect improvement immediately. They are putting high expectations on both themselves and the players.