"I know what they can do in shorts...'

Not sure if this is the direct quote but Gailey told the Bills, "You don't find a way to win, you make a way to win."

Love that.

:beer:

You have a bit of a misnomer in there. They must win now to 'please you'. The Bills actual fanbase remains strong and it will be so next year. I'd expect a lot of positive feelings if the team finished better than .500

:D

i agree i like their style so far.

But TVs in the weight room means nothing... plenty of successful organizations that have won multiple super bowls had tv's in their weight rooms, see pitt.

As for practicing in pads, you guys might lose your hard on when someone goes down with an injury. They dont even go full contact in camp in college for the most part for that same reason.

I'm worried about that some, too. I was never one who objected strongly to the "less-contact" theories of Levy and Jauron for this very reason.

On the other hand, I think Gailey and Nix are trying to instill a new attitude and general culture of the team after ten years of little success. The chance that some players will be injured in camp is one of the risks that they are willing to take. It's a trade-off, a gamble, like most decisions.

I really liked the Nix interview with the D&C that's posted on the front page today. The reporter asks, "What's your timetable in terms of turning this thing around and seeing progress?" Nix answers "Miami." (the opener).

That bespeaks the new attitude. They expect improvement immediately. They are putting high expectations on both themselves and the players.

Kelsay is out for awhile now; Link

PITTSFORD, N.Y. (AP)Buffalo Bills veteran linebacker Chris Kelsay(notes) will be out indefinitely after injuring his right shoulder on the first day of training camp.

Without providing any details of the injury, coach Chan Gailey says Kelsay “will be out a little while,” but didn’t know for how long....

I still like the pads idea though.

i agree i like their style so far.

But TVs in the weight room means nothing... plenty of successful organizations that have won multiple super bowls had tv's in their weight rooms, see pitt.

As for practicing in pads, you guys might lose your hard on when someone goes down with an injury. They dont even go full contact in camp in college for the most part for that same reason.

True. But they should earn the right to have TVs or any other perks. One reason why this team fades in the fourth quarter and loses close games is because they are mentally and physically soft.

I hope Nix can find some players that really hate to lose and will lead the other. Players like Talley, Kelly, and Kent Hull. I think Eric Wood is one of them. We also need player that will work hard to make themselves better ... just like Andre Reed and Bruce Smith did. We need palyers that are dedicated.

All Chan is saying is turn off the TVs and go to work.