Trent Edwards vs. Drew Brees

Coach55

Logic?!?! Logic?!?! We're lucky if we can string a few words together to form a sentence, and you're talking about LOGIC?!?! If you're going to enter a QB discussion, please follow convention and use the word suck... often. Trent Edwards sucked, Doug Flutie sucked, JP Losman sucked, Drew Bledsoe couldn't do diddly pooh!!! Also, insulting the OP goes a long way toward validating your point. Just trying to help out with a few tips I've learned in my short time here. ;)

my sincerest apologies.

(you suck, by the way ... there, is that better :rolleyes: )

jw

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TE would be a decent QB on a good team.

He hasn't been on a good team, or with a good coach, so he looks horrible.

The majority of QB's in this league would be "good" on "good" teams. There are a few "great" QBs that would be spectacular on any team.

Everyone who hates on TE and dreams of other QBs would be severely disappointed when they put up similar numbers because our line sucks, and our WR corps is a bit weak... and up until now we've had bad play calling (we'll see what Chan does).

I don't think TE will have a breakout year this year, simply because our OL is incredibly weak, and our offense will probably be focused on playmakers, not deep balls.

Not to make a comparison, but as I said before I was once a big proponent of Edwards and am now under the belief that this is his last chance to make a statement or Brohm's only chance as otherwise we will be getting a new QB in next year's draft. But, back in 04, the Chargers drafted Rivers because they thought Brees was a bust. Could Edwards have a year 4 breakout of epic proportions?

Brees

Year W-L Comp% Yds TD-Int Yds/A Rating

2001 0-0 55.6% 221 1-0 8.2 94.8

2002 8-8 60.8% 3284 17-16 6.2 76.9

2003 2-9 57.6% 2108 11-15 5.9 67.5

2004 11-4 65.5% 3159 27-7 7.9 104.8

Edwards

2007 5-4 56.1% 1630 7-8 6.1 70.4

2008 7-7 65.5% 2699 11-10 6.6 85.4

2009 2-5 60.1% 1169 6-7 5.3 73.8

2010 ????

First, you might want to go back and correct Trent's YPA in your original post. They are slightly higher than you showed. Not high by any means, but a bit higher.

Win-loss record is maybe 10 - 15% the result of QB play, yards is often misleading and Rating is a stupid stat. YPA is the best stat unless there are huge numbers of INTs.

Completion percentage, yards per attempt and INTs are the keys. Trent has a higher completion percentage, but his YPA shows why ... it's quite low because he was consistently checking down even when he didn't need to. His interception percentage was lower than Brees's through three years.

Could Trent's light go on? Yup. Will it? With records like Trent's, a lot more don't turn things around than do.

Let's hope.

Why do you feel Brees is "tougher" than Trent?

And yes, this question is a trap, I'll be waiting.... :rolleyes:

If I may step in for him ...

Drew Brees has played in:

16 games in 2005, but was severely injured in the last game

16 games in 2006

16 games in 2007

16 games in 2008

and 15 games in 2009 because they pulled him the last week to rest him.

Not to mention playoffs.

How does that compare to Trent?

I'm waiting to see how your trap snaps shut.

The majority of QB's in this league would be "good" on "good" teams. There are a few "great" QBs that would be spectacular on any team.

Everyone who hates on TE and dreams of other QBs would be severely disappointed when they put up similar numbers because our line sucks, and our WR corps is a bit weak... and up until now we've had bad play calling (we'll see what Chan does).

I don't think TE will have a breakout year this year, simply because our OL is incredibly weak, and our offense will probably be focused on playmakers, not deep balls.

Trent is one of the main reasons why this team isn't good. It all starts with a GOOD QB.

Trent is one of the main reasons why this team isn't good. It all starts with a GOOD QB.

Night and day, I agree.

I remember a Chargers team led by Brees playing in Buffalo in 2002, we beat them 20-13. If you told me right there and then that that same QB would be the MVP of Super Bowl XLIV I wouldn't have believe it. The guy was so normal, there was nothing in his game that would say, hey look, he's a star in the making.

Can Edwards be that guy? One can hope, right?

Disagree about Brees in SD. Have seen a couple of his games back then and again on NFL Network. Maybe not enough to go on but I viewed the replays with Trent comparisons in mind and the thing that stood out to me was the fluidity of DBs throwing motion and release and how well his athleticism was channelled into throwing the football. Much less natural in Trent. Hope I'm wrong but for now agree with Fluffhead.

the other is performing omphaloskepsis at the end of the bench.

OK, I had to look this one up, for the benefit of everyone else too: "contemplation of one's navel as an aid to meditation"

:rolleyes:

Christ, I needed a good laugh ...

Not to make a comparison, but as I said before I was once a big proponent of Edwards and am now under the belief that this is his last chance to make a statement or Brohm's only chance as otherwise we will be getting a new QB in next year's draft. But, back in 04, the Chargers drafted Rivers because they thought Brees was a bust. Could Edwards have a year 4 breakout of epic proportions?

Brees

Edwards

2010 ????

I could see where you could make a comparative study of the two and see similarities. NOT!

Maybe, if Trent developed into a leader and admitted his own shortcomings instead of trying to put the blame on previous coaches, systems, and how many people he say's he's taking orders from. Maybe he'd be good if he threw to the right color uniforms? If he threw the balls in the air instead of into the ground? Maybe if he could sense pocket pressure and get rid of the ball prior to getting sacked, maybe if he would attempt to throw the ball more than 10 yards, maybe if he wasn't so injury/concussion prone? If he could just get used to cold weather games? Wet weather, fog, rain, away games, playing against division foes? If he could overcome most of those obstacles (there are others as well..) then just maybe he'd be a decent QB !! But, I think the Bills borrowed 3 street signs from a highway construction crew..... #1 Dead End (T. Edwards), #2 Road under Construction (Brohm), #3 Rough road ahead (Fitz.). In reference to Levi Brown maybe... Speed bumps ahead.

I could see where you could make a comparative study of the two and see similarities. NOT!

Maybe, if Trent developed into a leader and admitted his own shortcomings instead of trying to put the blame on previous coaches, systems, and how many people he say's he's taking orders from. Maybe he'd be good if he threw to the right color uniforms? If he threw the balls in the air instead of into the ground? Maybe if he could sense pocket pressure and get rid of the ball prior to getting sacked, maybe if he would attempt to throw the ball more than 10 yards, maybe if he wasn't so injury/concussion prone? If he could just get used to cold weather games? Wet weather, fog, rain, away games, playing against division foes? If he could overcome most of those obstacles (there are others as well..) then just maybe he'd be a decent QB !! But, I think the Bills borrowed 3 street signs from a highway construction crew..... #1 Dead End (T. Edwards), #2 Road under Construction (Brohm), #3 Rough road ahead (Fitz.). In reference to Levi Brown maybe... Speed bumps ahead.

+1

I don't think Trent is to blame for the team's overall performance. For the most part he has been fairly accurate passer. He's not the best, I'm not saying he is... but he's far from the worst. But our OL and Coaching has definitely been near the worst lately.

Good teams can win with an average QB. Good teams make an average QB look good. Even if TE was a better QB than he is, I don't think the team would have won many more games if any. It's hard to make plays when you are getting pressured within seconds of the snap and your receivers haven't gotten open yet. Or the plays that are called make little use out of your skill players.

Put him on a team like the Jets, and I bet everyone would be hailing him as a "good" QB.

Brees

Edwards

2010 ????

First, you might want to go back and correct Trent's YPA in your original post. They are slightly higher than you showed. Not high by any means, but a bit higher.

Win-loss record is maybe 10 - 15% the result of QB play, yards is often misleading and Rating is a stupid stat. YPA is the best stat unless there are huge numbers of INTs.

Completion percentage, yards per attempt and INTs are the keys. Trent has a higher completion percentage, but his YPA shows why ... it's quite low because he was consistently checking down even when he didn't need to. His interception percentage was lower than Brees's through three years.

Could Trent's light go on? Yup. Will it? With records like Trent's, a lot more don't turn things around than do.

Let's hope.

you are correct. I picked up the wrong column

Corrected

Brees

Edwards

2008 7-7 65.5% 2699 11-10 7.2 85.4

2009 2-5 60.1% 1169 6-7 6.4 73.8

2010 ????

My point with this comparison is Edwards has shown flashes of brilliance.

Will he be the next Drew Brees - probably not.

Is his head completely shot - probably.

Is there a chance he shocks us all and leads us to the playoffs - maybe.

Is there a chance is hurt in the first 3 weeks and Brohm comes in to start - probably

Will we be seeing a 1st round draft pick of a QB in 2011 - chances are a lot better than slim

Case in point...Take Mr. Cassell had a great season with the Patriots team to a 11-5 record, but stunk up the joint in KC and at some point int he season Haley was willing to pull the plug on him...

Majority of the QBs in thsi league need a good team to win.

I will never be happier to see a player released than the day this Trent Edwards nightmare is just FINALLY over

I REALLY thought that after last season this kid was done here... the team CLEARLY gave up on HIM and he was shot with no confidence

The good news is that Jauron's QB will be done for good after this season. I actually HOPE he starts just to get it out of the way early so we can move on ASAP.

If I may step in for him ...

Drew Brees has played in:

16 games in 2005, but was severely injured in the last game

16 games in 2006

16 games in 2007

16 games in 2008

and 15 games in 2009 because they pulled him the last week to rest him.

Not to mention playoffs.

How does that compare to Trent?

I'm waiting to see how your trap snaps shut.

He/she didn't say anything about consecutive games played, he said Brees was tough and Edwards was not.

If Brees takes that same Wilson shot, the same results would take place.

Your example speaks more of the Offensive upgrades Brees has over Trent, which is literally EVERY SINGLE POSITION.

For Trent to bounce back after a hit like that and not pack it in shows toughness to me. I'd certainly think twice about taking another snap behind our D-Bag line again after that shot.

We're talking about two different things here, which was my "trap". Toughness has nothing to do with the comparison, and is subjective and in this case misused, by the OP and now by you.

My point with this comparison is Edwards has shown flashes of brilliance.

Come on now...flashes of brilliance? Real question here...what games have you watched? I mean he hasnt had a single game where the word "brilliant" should be used, let alone shown it multiple time indicated by the fact you made that plural. I mean his best game (against KC) was handed to him on a silver platter by our D which had 5 takeaways and the fact that KC was one of the absoulte worst teams and defenses in the league. He has not had a game yet where he just dominated the game and had command the whole game. Not since High School...

His best games have been games that are about average for the better QB's in the league. A good game for Trent is 220 yards and 2 TD's...and he has only been able to get 2 TD's in a game just 5 times in his 30 starts...thats pathetic.

You can put lipstick on a pig but its still a pig.....

No comparison.

With a bit of processing, pigs can be turned into mighty fine pork. Leave one outside his whole life, though and try to eat the 400 pound hairy tusker running at you and you're not likely to enjoy the experience.

He/she didn't say anything about consecutive games played, he said Brees was tough and Edwards was not.

If Brees takes that same Wilson shot, the same results would take place.

Your example speaks more of the Offensive upgrades Brees has over Trent, which is literally EVERY SINGLE POSITION.

For Trent to bounce back after a hit like that and not pack it in shows toughness to me. I'd certainly think twice about taking another snap behind our D-Bag line again after that shot.

We're talking about two different things here, which was my "trap". Toughness has nothing to do with the comparison, and is subjective and in this case misused, by the OP and now by you.

The trap whistles shut ... and misses the target.

Mislabel things all you want. Not being injured easily is absolutely one measure of toughness. Toughness isn't only measured by your bench press numbers. You're the one who's wrong there.

And there is NO WAY that you or anyone else can say that Brees taking the same shot would have had the same result. No way, and the fact that you don't know that shows something about you. Brees might have twisted away. He might have had stronger neck muscles to support himself. He might have had stronger legs which might have put both of them in a different position going down. Individual physiological differences make HUGE differences in the results of given physical actions.

You're the one misusing the word toughness. It's a word with a very very wide definition indeed.

Come on now...flashes of brilliance? Real question here...what games have you watched? I mean he hasnt had a single game where the word "brilliant" should be used, let alone shown it multiple time indicated by the fact you made that plural. I mean his best game (against KC) was handed to him on a silver platter by our D which had 5 takeaways and the fact that KC was one of the absoulte worst teams and defenses in the league. He has not had a game yet where he just dominated the game and had command the whole game. Not since High School...

His best games have been games that are about average for the better QB's in the league. A good game for Trent is 220 yards and 2 TD's...and he has only been able to get 2 TD's in a game just 5 times in his 30 starts...thats pathetic.

Statistics are not the only measure. The Bills offense was designed to be inept.

Flashes of Brilliance - How about the start of the 08 campaign - 4-0 start including

a 34-10 drubbing of Seattle - 19/30-215-1-0

a 20-16 4th quarter comeback win over JAX - 20/25-239-1-0

a 24-23 4th quarter comeback win over Oak - 24/39-279-1-1

a 31-14 4th quarter comeback win over Rams - 15/25-197-1-1

Then his return to San Diego 23-14 - 25/30-261-1-0

After that game - I felt that he was screwed up from post-concussion syndrome and is head was gone. He should've never played in San Diego. He had a classic case of "non-linear" post-concussion syndrome. Even though he beat KC, the rest of the 08 campaign (including KC) was a disaster.

09 was also a mess - this you can't blame on post-concussion syndrome. At this point he was better. The question is whether or not, by them bringing him back too soon in 08 caused irrepairable harm.

After that game - I felt that he was screwed up from post-concussion syndrome and is head was gone. He should've never played in San Diego. He had a classic case of "non-linear" post-concussion syndrome. Even though he beat KC, the rest of the 08 campaign (including KC) was a disaster.

Ah, classic indeed. "Non-linear post-concussion syndrome" is (was now that I've used the new term as well) a 3 word googlewhack.

Brees

Edwards

2010 ????

Just admit it, you think he's hot and have a major man-love crush on the caliboy. Maybe he'll sign a used jock strap that you can cuddle with on the couch while watching him warm our bench at the Ralph!

You remind me of all those still blaming Bush for Obama's economy.

Lets see, how can we bring people back to reality once again...

1. SD had no one to throw to in his early years...Gates didnt break out until 2004, coincidentally the same year Brees broke out. Trent has had Evans and even a year with both Evans and TO.

2. Brees was a highly touted prospect coming out of college and very succesful at Purdue, Trent didnt even win a game his last year at Stanford and had one 300 yard passing game in all of college.

More importantly, lets look at a couple of things that your stat totals dont show during Brees first 3 years and Trents first 3 years. during that time, Drew had 27 starts and Trent has 30...so, not only are these below better for Brees, but he did them in 3 less games.

300 yard games

Brees - 5, +1 more with 296 yards

Trent - ZERO

Multiple TD games:

Brees - 9

Trent - 5

Total TD's

Brees - 29

Trent - 24

The point is, Brees at least had some games that showed potential and he did it with no talent at WR or TE (remember Gates didnt break out until 2004, the same year Brees did), where Trents best games were average at best. Trents greatest claim to fame and potential was the 4-0 start we had. The truth behind that is that he only played well in the Sea game week 1 and struggled most of the time in the games against Rams, Oak, and Jax (all 4 were amongst the worst in the NFL). He gets so much credit for those 3 comeback wins where in 2 of them they were made possible by plays from Mitchell, the ST, and Lynch, not Trent.

At no point has Trent ever taken command of a game. At no point since high school has Trent done anything on the field in any game that has demonstrated anything remotely close to Brees.

Its amazing how many great QB's this guy gets compared to on this board yet he wasnt even a good college QB let alone a good NFL QB.

Here are some other stats about the two:

In Brees' & Edwards' first 3 years (games they played the entire game), they thrown for under 200 yards: 10 times each

Under 150 yards: Brees 3, Edwards 7

Under 100 yards: Brees 4, Edwards 0

Like Brees, Edwards has not had the offensive weapons. Dick Jauron and his lame ass offensive coordinators had no clue how to run an offense. They also had no clue how to get Lee Evans open, they kept lining him up on the outside. Reed was nothing special and took him years to finally develop some kind of ball catching consistency. Peerless Price was washed up when he came back. Robert Royal sucked. James Hardy went through rookie WR growing pains, then got injured and has been useless. Steve Johnson couldn't get a whiff of the field. Roscoe Parrish was benched. TO got pissed at Edwards and quit running routes in the Titans game, just so he could get Fitz in there. Our TE's (Fine, Schouman) have been below average. We might have some potential in Nelson.

Before, the only offensive weapons the Bills had were Jackson, Lynch & Evans. Once Evans was double covered, our passing game was non-existent. This year, it looks like there is some potential at both the WR positions and at the TE positions. If Edwards wins the QB battle, lets see if he can take the next step.

Just admit it, you think he's hot and have a major man-love crush on the caliboy. Maybe he'll sign a used jock strap that you can cuddle with on the couch while watching him warm our bench at the Ralph!

You remind me of all those still blaming Bush for Obama's economy.

I just want to win. I don't care if its Trent, Brohm, Fitz, Brown, or the Chroise (when they bring him back). Of our current choice of QB's, I like to think TE (as of right now) is the best available option. Fitz will never be there, he doesn't have the tools. Brown could get there in 3-4 years. Brohm could be the man as well.

TE and Brohm are our best chance of winning. I WANT playoffs and I don't care who gets us there.

Statistics are not the only measure. The Bills offense was designed to be inept.

Sure it was. That was Jauron's attempt. He WANTED an inept offense.

Flashes of Brilliance - How about the start of the 08 campaign - 4-0 start including

a 34-10 drubbing of Seattle - 19/30-215-1-0

a 20-16 4th quarter comeback win over JAX - 20/25-239-1-0

a 24-23 4th quarter comeback win over Oak - 24/39-279-1-1

a 31-14 4th quarter comeback win over Rams - 15/25-197-1-1

First, Trent did NOT lead a 4th quarter comeback win vs the Rams.

The Bills were down 14-13 entering the 4th quarter, and that changed with Greer's pick 6.

By the time goober threw his first TD, the Bills were already ahead.

Second, look at his stats again.

4 TD's in 4 games. Did you know all 4 came in the 4th quarter?

The drubbing of Seattle? Thank you Special teams.

2 FG by Lindell, a punt return for a TD by Parrish, and a Moorman pass to Denney for a TD on a FG attempt.

Goobers TD was the last score of the game.

Third, in 2008

Raiders were 5-11, and defensively were 24th in points and 27th in yards

Seattle was 4-12, and defensively was 25th in points and 30th in yards

Rams were 2-14, and defensively were 31st in points and 28th in yards

Jax was 5-11, and defensively was 21st points, and 17th in yards

Other than Jax, those were some god awful defenses, and even Jax, at best, was below average.

Then his return to San Diego 23-14 - 25/30-261-1-0

09 was also a mess - this you can't blame on post-concussion syndrome. At this point he was better. The question is whether or not, by them bringing him back too soon in 08 caused irrepairable harm.

Non-linear post concussion syndrome, phantom concussions, ... whatever excuse works for you.

Can we just stick a fork in him and move on?

Case in point...Take Mr. Cassell had a great season with the Patriots team to a 11-5 record, but stunk up the joint in KC and at some point int he season Haley was willing to pull the plug on him...

Majority of the QBs in thsi league need a good team to win.

Exactly. :rolleyes:

Here are some other stats about the two:

In Brees' & Edwards' first 3 years (games they played the entire game), they thrown for under 200 yards: 10 times each

Under 150 yards: Brees 3, Edwards 7

Under 100 yards: Brees 4, Edwards 0

Like Brees, Edwards has not had the offensive weapons. Dick Jauron and his lame ass offensive coordinators had no clue how to run an offense. They also had no clue how to get Lee Evans open, they kept lining him up on the outside. Reed was nothing special and took him years to finally develop some kind of ball catching consistency. Peerless Price was washed up when he came back. Robert Royal sucked. James Hardy went through rookie WR growing pains, then got injured and has been useless. Steve Johnson couldn't get a whiff of the field. Roscoe Parrish was benched. TO got pissed at Edwards and quit running routes in the Titans game, just so he could get Fitz in there. Our TE's (Fine, Schouman) have been below average. We might have some potential in Nelson.

Before, the only offensive weapons the Bills had were Jackson, Lynch & Evans. Once Evans was double covered, our passing game was non-existent. This year, it looks like there is some potential at both the WR positions and at the TE positions. If Edwards wins the QB battle, lets see if he can take the next step.

OK seriously? I mean excuse after excuse after excuse for Edwards. No weapons? A quarterback should make do with what he has. What does Matt Ryan have around him in Atlanta, or Eli in NY. He had Mario Manningham and Steve Smith!! The Bills had sufficient weapons to throw to. We just don't have a Quarterback that can deliver the ball.

The teams with the good QBs make their "weapons" look better.

OK seriously? I mean excuse after excuse after excuse for Edwards. No weapons? A quarterback should make do with what he has. What does Matt Ryan have around him in Atlanta, or Eli in NY. He had Mario Manningham and Steve Smith!! The Bills had sufficient weapons to throw to. We just don't have a Quarterback that can deliver the ball.

The teams with the good QBs make their "weapons" look better.

Eli also had Plaxico "Mr. Gun Safety" Burress when they won the Superbowl. Plus, look at the Bills history of drafting QB's that have made the playoffs with the Bills. In the 50 year history of the Bills, there have been only 2 QB's the Bills drafted that made the playoffs with the Bills....let me say that again...2 QB's in 50 years....that's f@cking pathetic!!!!! The last one was Jim Kelly (don't anyone start the crap again about the USFL developing Kelly into an NFL ready QB).

If Gailey can get production out of a guy like Mike Tomczak, who sucked horribly in Chicago, then let's give Edwards a chance under Gailey's mentoring and see what Gailey can do with him.

TO got pissed at Edwards and quit running routes

TO got fed up with a inadequate QB. Probably the worst QB TO has played with in his career.

And how many passes did TO drop not only last year, but in his career? Who is TO playing for this year?

TO got pissed at Edwards and quit running routes

TO got fed up with a inadequate QB. Probably the worst QB TO has played with in his career.

Yeah, TO is a true professional. Giving up on routes is the mark of a true leader. It's a wonder the Bills haven't asked him to come back. And I can't believe other teams haven't seen the films from last season and aren't lining up to sign him.

I don't give a CRAP how bad your QB is. A PROFESSIONAL receiver doesn't quit on his routes. Period. Doing that hurts EVERY other player on offense and makes it FAR easier for defenses to defend other people.

Way to go TO. You have a lot to be proud of. You were the model of behaviour last season.

GO BILLS!!!

I just want to win. I don't care if its Trent, Brohm, Fitz, Brown, or the Chroise (when they bring him back). Of our current choice of QB's, I like to think TE (as of right now) is the best available option. Fitz will never be there, he doesn't have the tools. Brown could get there in 3-4 years. Brohm could be the man as well.

TE and Brohm are our best chance of winning. I WANT playoffs and I don't care who gets us there.

Just Win Baby! Now that I can agree with. I am just so tired of Trent apologists on this board. He's had his chances and has showed me nothing. Except for 1 game in 2007 against the Skins; I was there when he drove us down the field, in the freezing rain for the winning field goal. But the Skins sucked that year and for most of the game Trent sucked too. One drive against a porous defense is not enough for me to cheer for him, or have to if he wins the job. I was dumbfounded that we made little effort to improve the worst QB situation in football during the offseason. If Gailey pulls a rabbit (QB) out of the hat and makes any of them look serviceable I will BILL-EVE in him!

Just Win Baby! Now that I can agree with. I am just so tired of Trent apologists on this board. He's had his chances and has showed me nothing. Except for 1 game in 2007 against the Skins; I was there when he drove us down the field, in the freezing rain for the winning field goal. But the Skins sucked that year and for most of the game Trent sucked too. One drive against a porous defense is not enough for me to cheer for him, or have to if he wins the job. I was dumbfounded that we made little effort to improve the worst QB situation in football during the offseason. If Gailey pulls a rabbit (QB) out of the hat and makes any of them look serviceable I will BILL-EVE in him!

Jim McMahon used to call Mike Tomczak "Pick 3" in Chicago, because he would throw 3 INT's on average in a game. Tomczak, Fielder, Stewart & Thigpen were not good QB's, but Gailey got production out of them. If Gailey can do the same with Edwards or Brohm, then I will Bill-eve in him as well.

The trap whistles shut ... and misses the target.

Mislabel things all you want. Not being injured easily is absolutely one measure of toughness. Toughness isn't only measured by your bench press numbers. You're the one who's wrong there.

And there is NO WAY that you or anyone else can say that Brees taking the same shot would have had the same result. No way, and the fact that you don't know that shows something about you. Brees might have twisted away. He might have had stronger neck muscles to support himself. He might have had stronger legs which might have put both of them in a different position going down. Individual physiological differences make HUGE differences in the results of given physical actions.

You're the one misusing the word toughness. It's a word with a very very wide definition indeed.

So I'm clear here;

Drew Brees is tougher than Trent Edwards because he may have been able to take the same Wilson hit, maybe??

I guess Trent should have not attempted to complete that pass, and instead tucked and tried to avoid injury. :w00t:

Look, I'm not even a Trent fan, but to question his toughness because of a couple of unavoidable injuries is baseless and uneducated.

Call him Captain checkdown, call him scared, even weak-armed if you wish, but that's about where the name-calling should end, but that's just my opinion...

The same fans that bash Edwards, hate on other for bashing the team and having a pessimistic outlook.

These fans blame the losses on the coach in their support of the team, but what about Trent?

If you think that this team is not far off from the playoffs, and blame DJ for keeping us out of there, then how can you bash Trent saying he sucks...

Not a Trent supporter, but Im not a very optimistic fan either...

You give it up. You offer nothing to this board of any value, and we're all dumber for reading your responses. You offer nothing resembling a coherent argument, just blind hatred of a player on the team you're supposedly a fan of. If you're anything in real life like you are here, if you dropped dead tomorrow I'm not sure anyone would attend your funeral.

It's an honest comparison to make, and the OP wasn't making the leap to say Edwards would follow the path Brees took, just making the same comment so many have made that some QB's don't flourish until year four. FWIW, Eli didn't hit 60% completion until year five, and prior to winning the super bowl at the end of his fourth season there was talk of him being a bust in the middle of the season.

Generally I'm against anyone being banned. It's a forum for people to speak their minds, and barring severely egregious repeated comments I don't think anyone should be prohibited from participating. But you need to go. You are King Douchebag.

If anyone should go, it should be you. Your post is vile and unwarrented. What makes you think your opinions are worth anything?