1. 1. Who would you like to succeed?

• Trent Edwards
    • Brian Brohm
    • Ryan Fitz

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually voted Trent. I'd like to see Brohm backing him up. I just want Trent to either sink or swim. The Jauron/Schoenert/Van Pelt excuses are gone. He's got good running backs and good receivers. Most QBs in the league play with less-than-stellar lines. If Trent doesn't show "it" very early on, bring on Brohm.

Coolest thing about this offseason that I haven't felt in many years is that I actually trust Chan Gailey to make the right decision. Whomever takes the first snap on opening day, I'll feel good that Gailey made the decision and that QB is the best choice.

Go Bills!

I vote for the best possible candidate, whether that is Brohm or Edwards. Part of me would like to see what Brohm can do given the full offense package, which he did not get against Atlanta last year. I did not mention Fitz because his scatter shot accuracy drove me nuts last year. One good throw, two poor throws, one mediocre one, etc. I liiked his intangibles, but his arm, not at all.

In watching Brohm in the preseason when he was with GB, and in our game against Atlanta last year, I do worry he may be an interception machine. While he appears to have touch, his out route throws do seem to lack the strength desired also.

May the best QB win......AND be successful. We deserve it after all these years since JK.

I still like Trent Edwards in that he is an accurate passer, and has the most experience with the team.

Obviously, I want whoever is best to be back there, and I'm curious about Brohm.

I don't have much hope for Fitzpatrick... he seems to be kind of wild...

I voted Trent. I hope that he can return to pre-concussed form in Gailey's new system. We all had high hopes for the guy a couple of years ago after the 5-1 start. Maybe, just maybe, the system that Gailey's installing will maximize his strengths which are getting the ball out quickly and accuracy on the short to intermediate routes. Give the guy one last chance I say.

I am hoping that Brohm is able to win the job. Poor coaching, bad schemes, bad lines and other excuses aside, Edwards simply does not exhibit the type of leadership and confidence on the field the leads to good QB play. I do not think he has it in him. If Gailey sees differently, and Trent wins the job, fine, but I am really hoping Brohm wins the job coming out of camp. Lets see what he can do.

I voted for Brohm. I like Edwards but I feel he has had too many concussions. For his own sake I would like to see him as number two behind Brohm. I think Brohm can develop into the top notch quarterback this team needs. He wants to play and was happy to make the trade to Buffalo. He has had disappointment in his career and has strived to overcome the early problems he had.

easiest question ever

id love to see captain checkdown become admiral downfield cuz that would mean we have an accurate qb who can play the game again, and we still get to hold onto a blooming prospect in brohm. ideally fitz gets cut in that scenario

aint holdin my breath tho

I actually voted Trent. I'd like to see Brohm backing him up. I just want Trent to either sink or swim. The Jauron/Schoenert/Van Pelt excuses are gone. He's got good running backs and good receivers. Most QBs in the league play with less-than-stellar lines. If Trent doesn't show "it" very early on, bring on Brohm.

Coolest thing about this offseason that I haven't felt in many years is that I actually trust Chan Gailey to make the right decision. Whomever takes the first snap on opening day, I'll feel good that Gailey made the decision and that QB is the best choice.

Go Bills!

What he said. :devil:

I voted for Brohm because after seeing the other two out there last year it makes no sense to not give Brohm a chance. We should start Brohm and give Fitz the backup role and cut ties with Edwards. Sorry surfer boy.

You don't even want to have training camp? Just start Brohm and cut TE?

More great stuff.

Go Bills!

+2

Honestly, coaching excuses or no, I believe we have seen what we are going to see from Trent and Fitz.

And, I believe that what we have seen simply boils down to: not good enough.

At this point, Brohm is the only one that has potential upside, that might at least get us to "good enough" from the QB position.

I voted for Brohm because after seeing the other two out there last year it makes no sense to not give Brohm a chance. We should start Brohm and give Fitz the backup role and cut ties with Edwards. Sorry surfer boy.

You want Brohm to start without having any idea if he can play well?

I still like Trent Edwards in that he is an accurate passer, and has the most experience with the team.

Obviously, I want whoever is best to be back there, and I'm curious about Brohm.

I don't have much hope for Fitzpatrick... he seems to be kind of wild...

+1 on this one! I would be devastated if Fitz was the starter on opening day! I can't see this happening but if so I wouldn't even go to one game or order the NFL ticket if they somehow play on CBS I would check them out then...