Name me one starting NFL qb who Trent Edwards...

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We've seen Trent throw a number of deep passes. His problem is not that he can't throw them (weak arm), but rather that he doesn't throw them (decision-making).

I agree with Kota's points that 1billsfan mocks (that Trent has a short throwing motion and quick release).

Edit: Here's a link to a game (second one that comes up after Googling "Trent Edwards long pass"). In this one, TE has two passes to TO that travel 45+ yards in the air and are on target.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-fantasy/09000d5d81435ea2

As far as the Dakota Fanning stuff goes, maybe in a couple years but she is still a kid at this point. Not hating on hossage

Seriously dude, you don't think she's hot? I know she's jailbait, but still . . .

It's the "hot from behind" stuff that scares me when you're talking about a 16-year-old.

:):lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Your little "knowledgeable" talk up of Trent was priceless. Thanks, I needed a laugh man.

Man you are terrible at online debates. I gave you a counter arguement to your opinion and all you give is this one line phrase. Just goes to show you dont' have much of a arguement or opinion on Trent. You are just spewing someone else's opinion.

Checkmate.

has a better arm than...

:)

Yes it's a cruel point to make. But the Trent Edwards' crowd around here had it coming. I predict this noodle-armed wuss is gonna be taken out of his misery and mercifully cut. At least he can continue to devote his full time to his true passion golf, and no longer have to pretend to like playing in the NFL.

Agreed

Man you are terrible at online debates. I gave you a counter arguement to your opinion and all you give is this one line phrase. Just goes to show you dont' have much of a arguement or opinion on Trent. You are just spewing someone else's opinion.

Checkmate.

You gave me a fairy tale. You also amazingly had the balls to compare Edwards' arm to Brady, Manning and Brees'...

...and you say that I'm terrible at online debates???? Please stop digging and just try to answer my original question. Since he compares to Brady, Manning and Brees then you should be able to name about 20 starting qbs Trent has a better arm than.

Checkmate? :):lol:

What's the point of this thread? I seriously wonder if other QBs, good or bad, endure the ridicule fromt the fanbase that TE has. I'll be the first to admit ... I've bashed him. But I bashed him while he was doing a crappy job.

It's pre-season; he's trying to win his spot back; there's a new coaching staff; a new running back.

It's clear (to me) that it's between him and Brohm. How about a little support?

I know he makes a lot of money, blah, blah, blah. But I know how I'd feel if every day I walked into work, everyone stood around and said, "here he comes, this guy sucks at his job." or "this guy is never going to be any good, I wish they'd just get rid of him." ... all before I even had a chance to prove myself.

Yes .. he's had what would appear to be ample time to prove himself. But come on ... did he really have much of a chance given the circumstances? I don't think so.

I would definitely say this is his last chance. But I'm going to wait until he actually plays some games before labeling him a failure.

Go Bills!!

has a better arm than...

:)

Yes it's a cruel point to make. But the Trent Edwards' crowd around here had it coming. I predict this noodle-armed wuss is gonna be taken out of his misery and mercifully cut. At least he can continue to devote his full time to his true passion golf, and no longer have to pretend to like playing in the NFL.

Starters:

Matt Lienart

Jake Delhomme

Matt Cassel

This isn't the 80's where you can get by on fooling defenses with short, "west coast offense" style passing alone. The "successful" part of his career was over for Trent Edwards once the book was out that he can't beat you deep.

Seriously, please tell me how many games you think that Trent has one because of his arm. I'm thinking maybe 5 or 6 games with only half of those being NFL quality defenses. This is out of 30 starts by the way.

Least of his problems? Sorry to strongly disagree, but arm strength is this guy's #1 problem.

Do you even know what you are talking about? team's can't win with the west coast offense anymore? That is rubbish. You sure can- but the team has to be built for it- the RB's need to be able to pick up the blitz and catch the ball, which renders Lynch worthless. WR's need to be able to run numerous routes- we don't even know if Evans can go over the middle well (I assume he can), but we are still woefully thin at WR. OL's need to protect the QB- we definitely haven't had that since the early 1990's.

We also need a defense that can stop the opponent on third down and in crucial situations.....haven't had the personnel for that in awhile.

You can get by w/a QB that has an arm like Trent's, but you need to surround him with talent and let him develop- we haven't done either.

Some of the many reasons we are just as pathetic as Oakland

Seriously dude, you don't think she's hot? I know she's jailbait, but still . . .

It's the "hot from behind" stuff that scares me when you're talking about a 16-year-old.

i'm a young male teacher, i have been trained to not look at underage girls below their necks. (i'm not kidding on that)

She is a good looking girl, but i'll reserve judgement until she is of age

The problem is not with his arm, it's his head.

I could care less about arm strength. I'm more into accuracy, leadership, and most importantly, wins.

I should start a new thread, what starting NFL QB is Trent better than? I'm hard pressed to think of any ...

This isn't the 80's where you can get by on fooling defenses with short, "west coast offense" style passing alone. The "successful" part of his career was over for Trent Edwards once the book was out that he can't beat you deep.

Seriously, please tell me how many games you think that Trent has one because of his arm. I'm thinking maybe 5 or 6 games with only half of those being NFL quality defenses. This is out of 30 starts by the way.

Least of his problems? Sorry to strongly disagree, but arm strength is this guy's #1 problem.

Sorry I was just watching a recap of Drew Brees hoisting up the Lombardy trophy with his below average arm... now what's that about the short passing game and today's game??

i'm a young male teacher, i have been trained to not look at underage girls below their necks. (i'm not kidding on that)

She is a good looking girl, but i'll reserve judgement until she is of age

Indeed, a guy I know was forced to retire early from teaching because he said "stop staring at girl's breasts" to a 12 year old special ed student in private. Apparently, until high school girls have chests, not breasts, according to the age appropriate stylebook of teacher vocabulary. I think most people here know I am kidding with the Dakota Fanning comments.

You gave me a fairy tale. You also amazingly had the balls to compare Edwards' arm to Brady, Manning and Brees'...

...and you say that I'm terrible at online debates???? Please stop digging and just try to answer my original question. Since he compares to Brady, Manning and Brees then you should be able to name about 20 starting qbs Trent has a better arm than.

Checkmate? :):lol:

What do you mean by Better Arm? Arm Strength, Accuracy or a combination of both?