Name me one starting NFL qb who Trent Edwards...

Guest dog14787

Trent Edwards was able to out draw ( football vs. side iron) the fastest known Gunslinger in the world so its probably safe to say TE has the fastest read/react time in the NFL. TE's hand speed upon release has been clocked at an astounding 83 mph and this is a football he's throwing folks not a baseball.

TE has an arm/brain that can out do any QB in the NFL in certain categories in my opinion and with the likes of CJ Spiller/ Action Jackson /Beast Mode coming out of the backfield, Captain Checkdown/Glove wearing Mary & Co. will soon have defenses on their heels.

I Billieve...

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

has a better arm than...

:)

Yes it's a cruel point to make. But the Trent Edwards' crowd around here had it coming. I predict this noodle-armed wuss is gonna be taken out of his misery and mercifully cut. At least he can continue to devote his full time to his true passion golf, and no longer have to pretend to like playing in the NFL.

None. None push the ball like he does. he has a weak arm, no way in hell does anyone with a straight face have the nerve to seriously say he has a strong NFL arm, he doesnt'

None. None push the ball like he does. he has a weak arm, no way in hell does anyone with a straight face have the nerve to seriously say he has a strong NFL arm, he doesnt'

Why are you constantly bashing the starting qb for the Bills?

While he may not be a starter anymore, Trents arm is 100000000x better than J. Russel because he is accurate, which is muc much more important than arm strength.

I think with better coaching we will see a much improved Trent. Not saying he will be that good, but he will be better.

has a better arm than...

:)

Yes it's a cruel point to make. But the Trent Edwards' crowd around here had it coming. I predict this noodle-armed wuss is gonna be taken out of his misery and mercifully cut. At least he can continue to devote his full time to his true passion golf, and no longer have to pretend to like playing in the NFL.

Man are you bored......

Trent Edwards was able to out draw ( football vs. side iron) the fastest known Gunslinger in the world so its probably safe to say TE has the fastest read/react time in the NFL. TE's hand speed upon release has been clocked at an astounding 83 mph and this is a football he's throwing folks not a baseball.

TE has an arm/brain that can out do any QB in the NFL in certain categories in my opinion and with the likes of CJ Spiller/ Action Jackson /Beast Mode coming out of the backfield, Captain Checkdown/Glove wearing Mary & Co. will soon have defenses on their heels.

I Billieve...

I watched the video of that competition, and some of the things they were evaluating were stacked in favor of the QB. For example, Trent Edwards achieved a higher hand velocity than the fast draw champion. However, if your objective is to grab a gun from a holster, and shoot it from your hip, the distance your hand will travel is very small. Probably just a few inches. Such a small distance doesn't give you very much room to build up any kind of speed. But if you're throwing a football, your arm's range of motion is significantly larger. Also, the fast draw champion must stop the gun's movement--and hence his arm/hand movement--just before he fires. Conversely, the quarterback will continue moving his hand and arm after he's released the football.

While the competition itself was unfair, and biased in favor of the quarterback and against the quick draw champion, I felt that Trent seemed to do reasonably well even when judged in a vacuum. On the other hand, I realize I'm judging his performance in a vacuum, and I'd be curious to see how it would compare to other NFL QBs in such a competition. Overall though, I don't think there's a particularly strong chance of Trent being a good long-term answer at QB.

Guest dog14787
I watched the video of that competition, and some of the things they were evaluating were stacked in favor of the QB. For example, Trent Edwards achieved a higher hand velocity than the fast draw champion. However, if your objective is to grab a gun from a holster, and shoot it from your hip, the distance your hand will travel is very small. Probably just a few inches. Such a small distance doesn't give you very much room to build up any kind of speed. But if you're throwing a football, your arm's range of motion is significantly larger. Also, the fast draw champion must stop the gun's movement--and hence his arm/hand movement--just before he fires. Conversely, the quarterback will continue moving his hand and arm after he's released the football.

While the competition itself was unfair, and biased in favor of the quarterback and against the quick draw champion, I felt that Trent seemed to do reasonably well even when judged in a vacuum. On the other hand, I realize I'm judging his performance in a vacuum, and I'd be curious to see how it would compare to other NFL QBs in such a competition. Overall though, I don't think there's a particularly strong chance of Trent being a good long-term answer at QB.

Personally, I thought the read/react was judged rather fairly.

QB's like Brett Favre might make for some stiff competition :flirt:

You gave me a fairy tale. You also amazingly had the balls to compare Edwards' arm to Brady, Manning and Brees'...

...and you say that I'm terrible at online debates???? Please stop digging and just try to answer my original question. Since he compares to Brady, Manning and Brees then you should be able to name about 20 starting qbs Trent has a better arm than.

Checkmate? :flirt::lol:

"Brees' college success led to projections that he would be a mid-to-late first round draft pick in the 2001 NFL Draft, but he slipped due to concerns about his relatively short stature for a professional quarterback (6'0"), a perceived lack of arm strength, and a sense that he had succeeded in college in a system designed for him."

Source - Wikipedia

Just saying......

"Brees' college success led to projections that he would be a mid-to-late first round draft pick in the 2001 NFL Draft, but he slipped due to concerns about his relatively short stature for a professional quarterback (6'0"), a perceived lack of arm strength, and a sense that he had succeeded in college in a system designed for him."

Source - Wikipedia

Just saying......

For everyone that was wondering why I made this thread...this persons reply is why. Because after 30 NFL starts under his belt, there are still fans here that talk about Trent Edwards as if he they've never watched a single game he's played in. Comparing Drew Brees' arm to Trent Edwards' arm is so ridiculous that it doesn't even deserve a serious answer. My mission the last few years was to rip on Dick Jauron at every turn until he was out on his ear. Well thankfully he's gone, so now my mission is going to be to ridicule Trent Edwards (and his Dakota Fanning delivery) every chance that I get.

BTW, I loved the "he's better than Jamarcus Russell" reply the best! :flirt:

I think we can debate his arm strength all day long and we will have many differing opinions. My take is that he has a good enough arm to be a quality NFL QB.

The real question is does he have most of the others factors a QB needs to be a solid NFL QB. For example, vision to read defenses, leadership, and confidence to name a few. My take is he falls quite short in these areas. I feel like he doesn't have that "it" factor...

We can hope coach Gailey can be successful in assisting TE with his shortcomings.

Note: I remember when Jimbo was our QB. He had that "it" factor, that swagger, the confidence. I remember always thinking (if we were loosing at the end of the game) let's get the ball back and we will win the game. It was such a great feeling to have. I have a rush thinking about it right now. I would love to experience this again.

I think we can debate his arm strength all day long and we will have many differing opinions. My take is that he has a good enough arm to be a quality NFL QB.

The real question is does he have most of the others factors a QB needs to be a solid NFL QB. For example, vision to read defenses, leadership, and confidence to name a few. My take is he falls quite short in these areas. I feel like he doesn't have that "it" factor...

We can hope coach Gailey can be successful in assisting TE with his shortcomings.

Note: I remember when Jimbo was our QB. He had that "it" factor, that swagger, the confidence. I remember always thinking (if we were loosing at the end of the game) let's get the ball back and we will win the game. I just knew we would or felt like we would. It was such a great feeling to have. I have a rush thinking about it right now. I would love to experience this again.

This is my other big BIG problem with Trent Edwards. I think he lacks a passion for the game of football. I think it's the reason he lost the locker room in favor of Fitzpatrick last season. In this one reply, you sound like you have more passion and love for the game than Trent Edwards has ever exhibited as a Buffalo Bill.

yes this is ICE's modus operandi. He hasn't complimented a Bills quarterback since Jack Kemp. :flirt:

It has gotten to the point that he is so invested in his own insanity that he doesn't want to see TE do well because it would make him look silly. For some people it really doesn't matter how TE plays because he is already locked in to what he believes.

Arm strength is one of the least of Trent's problems. He doesn't have a cannon, obviously, but he clearly has enough arm strength to be a successful QB in the NFL and he has demonstrated it numerous times in real games. There just happens to be about ten other elements of being a successful QB in the NFL that he hasn't really shown or mastered yet.

He is the victim of some of the worst coaching an nfl quarterback could possibly have had. This isn't to say that he will be succesful with good coaching, but i'm looking forward to seeing what happens.

He is the victim of some of the worst coaching an nfl quarterback could possibly have had. This isn't to say that he will be succesful with good coaching, but i'm looking forward to seeing what happens.

Now Trent Edwards is a victim? Did you know that after being named the Bills starting QB in 2007, Edwards left Buffalo and to go play golf 24/7? He said as much in an interview I heard on WFAN in NYC. Anybody who puts his golf game above learning to play qb THAT early in his career is a chump and deserves the criticisms after the complete meltdown and failure of a once promising career.

This man is not a victim. It's so sad to watch Bills fans latching onto a qb who has no heart or passion for the game. Trent Edwards is not a victim, we Bills fans are a victim of having to endure the pain of watching such a weak-armed poser who can never seem to get his team into the endzone and who could care less about Buffalo, the Bills or football in general.

It has gotten to the point that he is so invested in his own insanity that he doesn't want to see TE do well because it would make him look silly. For some people it really doesn't matter how TE plays because he is already locked in to what he believes.

A trend I see growing lately among Bills fans on many MBs. It's sad.

This is my other big BIG problem with Trent Edwards. I think he lacks a passion for the game of football. I think it's the reason he lost the locker room in favor of Fitzpatrick last season. In this one reply, you sound like you have more passion and love for the game than Trent Edwards has ever exhibited as a Buffalo Bill.

You may be right about those things but you aren't about TE's arm strength ... His arm is every bit as strong as Drew Brees's. He's not nearly as good of a QB, but arm is certainly as strong. Trent is probably right in the middle of the pack as Arm Strength goes. Doesn't really mean much though.

You may be right about those things but you aren't about TE's arm strength ... His arm is every bit as strong as Drew Brees's. He's not nearly as good of a QB, but arm is certainly as strong. Trent is probably right in the middle of the pack as Arm Strength goes. Doesn't really mean much though.

Everyone needs to isolate one cause of our losing- be it Jauron, Edwards, Peters, or the horrible buffalo weather. People feel better when they do this, because it makes the problem simple to fix. Unfortunately, these people become wrapped up in their own delusions, unable to cope with reality. These are the delusional people that wear jerseys to work every day and listen to the idiots on talk radio like Dickerson, Bullfrog and Simon all day.......These people are like friends to them, validating their delusions all the more, making them more incapable of dealing with life's daily tasks.

An actual intelligent post in the middle of all this hoo hah.

Short and right to the point.

A trend I see growing lately among Bills fans on many MBs. It's sad.

It's amusing how the TE haters are so fearful that he will win the starting job against the two other qbs. If he is so bad and still beats out the competition what does that say about the other qbs?

I don't know for sure who is going to be declared the starter by the HC. Whoever wins out I wish him the best, especially playing behind a very questionable pass blocking OL.