NFL Network

mpl6876

Anyone see the NFL Network on Thursday about the Bills. We were predicted to be 29th out of 32. Jaime Dukes and Charles Davis pretty much echoed what I have been saying all along about the Bills. To paraphrase Dukes, Bills haven't properly addressed their QB and OL issues. Davis pointed out what the Bills brass is hoping for...Bottom line, it wasn't very positive. Then again what do they know? Guess all the experts are wrong? Then again what do I know? Not much by many in here....

Those who say the broadcast do you have any thought on what they said?

Anyone see the NFL Network on Thursday about the Bills. We were predicted to be 29th out of 32. Jaime Dukes and Charles Davis pretty much echoed what I have been saying all along about the Bills. To paraphrase Dukes, Bills haven't properly addressed their QB and OL issues. Davis pointed out what the Bills brass is hoping for...Bottom line, it wasn't very positive. Then again what do they know? Guess all the experts are wrong? Then again what do I know? Not much by many in here....

Do yourself (and us) a favor and look at all the great predictions by the "experts" over the past decade. ALL of them.

Do yourself (and us) a favor and look at all the great predictions by the "experts" over the past decade. ALL of them.

I have Doc. I have yet to see those experts who picked teams in the bottom tier (like 27th to 32) go to the super bowl or playoffs. The surprise teams have always come from the middle of the pack with few exceptions like Miami and Atlanta a couple of years ago. Note Miami hired Bill Parchells and Atlanta drafted a franchise QB.

Doc thanks for the reply. I really really hoping you would respond to what they had to say and not attack me. But I realize I'm an easy target.

I have Doc. I have yet to see those experts who picked teams in the bottom tier (like 27th to 32) go to the super bowl or playoffs. The surprise teams have always come from the middle of the pack with few exceptions like Miami and Atlanta a couple of years ago. Note Miami hired Bill Parchells and Atlanta drafted a franchise QB.

Doc thanks for the reply. I really really hoping you would respond to what they had to say and not attack me. But I realize I'm an easy target.

So in a 'couple' years there were 'two' surprises? I haven't taken math in awhile, but does 2/2 still make 100%?

So in a 'couple' years there were 'two' surprises? I haven't taken math in awhile, but does 2/2 still make 100%?

Not to mention that in the TSN 2009 preview I have, they predict the Bengals to be the 4th worst team in the NFL.

All they did was win their division in 2009.

I don't think we'll be very good at all in 2010, but the last thing we should all do is start listening to the talking heads.

Not to mention that in the TSN 2009 preview I have, they predict the Bengals to be the 4th worst team in the NFL.

I don't think we'll be very good at all in 2010, but the last thing we should all do is start listening to the talking heads.

Good point. I am hoping we can surprise others and make the playoffs. I think the the foundation is there for us to win 8-10 games this year.

I predict that the year 2000 will be the end of the world. It is the End Time. The Rapture will be upon us.

Hope you all bought your Y2K compliant appliances and entertainment devices :devil: ................... :blink:

Seriously, now it's 2012 at the end of the Mayan calender. <_<

1999 Rams

2008 Dolphins

2007 Browns

2005 Bears

2003 Cowboys

2000 Broncos

1996 Jaguars

2008 Falcons

And I could continue, but these are all teams that had bad seasons one year and turned it around the next. It could happen to us as well if our team stays healthy and the breaks fall our way versus the way it has been.

Anyone see the NFL Network on Thursday about the Bills. We were predicted to be 29th out of 32. (1) Jaime Dukes and Charles Davis pretty much echoed what I have been saying all along about the Bills. To paraphrase Dukes, Bills haven't properly addressed their QB and OL issues. Davis pointed out what the Bills brass is hoping for...Bottom line, it wasn't very positive. (2) Then again what do they know? (3) Guess all the experts are wrong? (4) Then again what do I know? (5) Not much by many in here....

(1) now that's impressive - national level sport hacks using your material - wow

(2) obviously nothing - see (1) above

(3) oh - so now you're an expert - wow again

(4) see (5) bolded above

(5) correct - and on so many levels

1999 Rams (Signed a 2-time NFL MVP off the street)

2008 Dolphins (Wayne Huizenga hired Bill Parcells as top football man)

2007 Browns (never replicated that success in 08 or 09/Derek Anderson's only fine season in career)

2005 Bears (Rex Grossman, see Derek Anderson 08)

2003 Cowboys (Parcells as HC)

2000 Broncos (Mike Shanahan as HC)

1996 Jaguars (Brunell threw for nearly 4400 yards)

2008 Falcons (Tom Dimitroff/Mike Smith/Matt Ryan/even Mularkey at OC)

And I could continue, but these are all teams that had bad seasons one year and turned it around the next. It could happen to us as well if our team stays healthy and the breaks fall our way versus the way it has been.

All of these teams had either A) an outstanding HC and/or GM or B) their QB having a career season.

I'm not ready to believe they'll rebuild in one season, and even Nix acknowledges that it can't be done in one year. No one knows how the myriad of rookies will perform, and many of them will be counted on to contribute instantly. Most picks outside the first round need time, especially those playing positions like LT, NT/DT, pass rushers, WR, and QB.

That, and their division foes are all better. Is it completely unreasonable to believe they will be mediocre to poor in 2010?

EDIT: Bolded inserted comments

All of these teams had either A) an outstanding HC and/or GM or B) their QB having a career season.

I'm not ready to believe they'll rebuild in one season, and even Nix acknowledges that it can't be done in one year. No one knows how the myriad of rookies will perform, and many of them will be counted on to contribute instantly. Most picks outside the first round need time, especially those playing positions like LT, NT/DT, pass rushers, WR, and QB.

That, and their division foes are all better. Is it completely unreasonable to believe they will be mediocre to poor in 2010?

No, not at all. I'm just saying the opposite is possible as well. <_<

SURPRISE!

?

When you miss the playoffs for ten straight years then fire your coach you are a virtual playoff lock in year 11.

Considering all the negative opinions here and nationally about where the Bills are at nowadays, I don't think it was necessary to start another thread about it. But the truth hurts. The Bills have been bad for a long, long time now and they haven't exactly strayed from the formula this offseason.

When are we going to place some post count requirements on starting threads? This one is a prime example of uninspired thinking we see on here consistently from rookie posters.

there's plenty of these started by long time posters too

When you miss the playoffs for ten straight years then fire your coach you are a virtual playoff lock in year 11.

I never claimed they'd make the playoffs. Just that the "experts" predicting they'll be the 4th worst team in the NFL means nothing, based on history.

Considering all the negative opinions here and nationally about where the Bills are at nowadays, I don't think it was necessary to start another thread about it. But the truth hurts. The Bills have been bad for a long, long time now and they haven't exactly strayed from the formula this offseason.

So why do you bother posting?

A bit thin in the skin? The post (to me anyway) from Doc was more so a response to what the NFL Channel experts said. We all know that the vast majority of the "experts" believe Buffalo will be a bad team this year. If anything, your post was redundant in that we've all read the poor reviews on the Bills by the 'experts" and frankly the news from them sounds something like this, "blah, blah Buffalo, blah, blah......"

When are we going to place some post count requirements on starting threads? This one is a prime example of uninspired thinking we see on here consistently from rookie posters.

I am waiting to see an inspired post by you? What makes it so unispiring?

A bit thin in the skin? The post (to me anyway) from Doc was more so a response to what the NFL Channel experts said. We all know that the vast majority of the "experts" believe Buffalo will be a bad team this year. If anything, your post was redundant in that we've all read the poor reviews on the Bills by the 'experts" and frankly the news from them sounds something like this, "blah, blah Buffalo, blah, blah......"

So Spider what do we do as fans only legitimize comments and post that are positive in nature. Are we to turn off the TV, internet, and not read the papers regarding Bills information, updates, etc...Are you the type of Bills fan that turns off the Tv and Radio after a Bills loss? Not read the papers/internet the next day due to the negative results. I am the type of guy that likes to take in all the media information I can regarding the Bills even if its mostly negative.

The NFL Network update was current and up to date. It is not like I was throwing old negative info in everyones face....Just wanted to get others opinions.

OK, I'm thinking .... Yup, well over half were very close indeed. Particularly the last 10 years when it's more like eighty or ninety percent that have been on target. Predict we'll do badly the last ten years and you'll be very close indeed. Thanks for pointing out the higher-than-expected accuracy.

Not 100%, of course, far from it. But well over half.

1999 Rams

2008 Dolphins

2007 Browns

2005 Bears

2003 Cowboys

2000 Broncos

1996 Jaguars

2008 Falcons

Thanks for pointing that out. In response, I was printing out a list of the teams that were predicted to be lousy which really turned out to be lousy over the last twenty years or so. Unfortunately, I only had two toner refills, and three reams of paper.

No, not at all. I'm just saying the opposite is possible as well. :huh:

Ah, if that's what you're saying, then we can agree. It's possible, just very unlikely.

Thanks for pointing that out. In response, I was printing out a list of the teams that were predicted to be lousy which really turned out to be lousy over the last twenty years or so. Unfortunately, I only had two toner refills, and three reams of paper.

I think you're confused about how computers work. You don't need to print out a list to post it on the message board.

1999 Rams- Kurt Warner

2008 Dolphins- Bill Parcells

2007 Browns- Derek Anderson pro bowl season

2005 Bears- insane defense

2003 Cowboys- ?

2000 Broncos- ?

1996 Jaguars- Mark Brunell (very underrated QB)

2008 Falcons- Matt Ryan

If the Bills are good this year, who will be the reason?

Jamie Dukes - this is a guy that bashed a Dolphins fan for having his mouth dropped to the floor when the Phins picked Ted Ginn as their top pick a few years ago. How did that Ginn pick work for the dolphins Jamie?!

LMAO!! I remember that. Dukes ripped on that fan big time and said (something along these lines): Watch in a few years and we'll see what that fan has to say. Well, I'd say that fan was absolutely right to have his jaw dropped to the floor and Jamie Dukes, Charlie Davis and Marshall Faulk are a bunch of idiots.

OK, I'm thinking .... Yup, well over half were very close indeed. Particularly the last 10 years when it's more like eighty or ninety percent that have been on target. Predict we'll do badly the last ten years and you'll be very close indeed. Thanks for pointing out the higher-than-expected accuracy.

Not 100%, of course, far from it. But well over half.

The "experts'" predictions on the league as a whole are poor and WAY under eighty to ninety percent. Probably close to eighty to ninety percent wrong when it comes to saying "X team will finish at Y spot." Which was mostly the point. And while they may have gotten the Bills' prediction correct the past 10 years, that's still no guarantee they'll continue to get it right. I mean, if you flip a coin 10 times and get heads all 10 times, the odds of it coming up heads the next time is still 50%.

I'd have less of a problem with them saying "the Bills will be a poor team." But how do you quantify "poor?" Five wins or less? Bottom 5 in the league? I already said that I don't expect the Bills to make the playoffs.

They just said everything we ALL already know. Did you note that they also discussed Jason Campbell and why we didn't try to bring him in. This was a heated debate in the forums but as I believed Jason Campbell is much better than anything we have. Some people who are still waiting for Trent's set to drop would rather keep him than a guy who has statistically out performed him and statistically continued to improve over the last few years.

At times this team and some of our fans are pretty dumb. Campbell would have been an incredibly cheap upgrade for us.

I saw it and Dukes keeps going down the Jason Campbell path...blah blah blah..he is not an improvement over our current situation.

Bottom line for me is no the Bills are not going to the Super Bowl, but they won 6 games last year and they were really bad offensively..any improvement is worth a win or two and while tackle is a problem it was last year. So to here mostly Dukes rant about how little was done and how bad the Bills will be makes no sense unless they absolutely can not perform in the 3-4 and the defense is horrible. But that is not what he states he says we didn't address tackle or QB which is correct, but I don't how that makes us worse than last year.

I saw it and Dukes keeps going down the Jason Campbell path...blah blah blah..he is not an improvement over our current situation.

Bottom line for me is no the Bills are not going to the Super Bowl, but they won 6 games last year and they were really bad offensively..any improvement is worth a win or two and while tackle is a problem it was last year. So to here mostly Dukes rant about how little was done and how bad the Bills will be makes no sense unless they absolutely can not perform in the 3-4 and the defense is horrible. But that is not what he states he says we didn't address tackle or QB which is correct, but I don't how that makes us worse than last year.

Maybe because everyone else in our division has upgraded and addressed their needs better than us. Thus, making us worse in terms of competing with them.

Jets - Cromartie, LT, and Jason Taylor

Miami - Brandon Marshall, Richie Incognito,

Pats - Holt, Crumpler, (Healthy Brady) (Walker back)

Maybe because everyone else in our division has upgraded and addressed their needs better than us. Thus, making us worse in terms of competing with them.

Have they? Really?

So the Jets have 3 guys that are on the downside of their career or getting over the hill (Taylor). Miami definitely upgraded the WR position with Marshall, I'll give you that, but how will his hip surgery affect him? Miami is still iffy on QB. Pats, same as the Jets, guys that are on the downside or over the hill, plus Welker is coming off of season ending surgery.