Nfl sunday ticket; Who's signing up?

I just called and tried to cancel my Sunday ticket renewal. When I kept telling the salesperson to cancel it, she kept going down and down. All that to say, I told her I wouldn't pay more than $200 for the Sunday ticket this season. After not budging, she gave it to me for $195. I kid you not! I should have said I wouldn't pay more than 150; however, I felt $195 wasn't a bad deal. Call them up and don't budge. They'll go down.

now this is what i'm talking about!!!

good job!

nobody wants to make the call. but what the hell. save the cash, get a deal, and move on.

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just called and tried to cancel my Sunday ticket renewal. When I kept telling the salesperson to cancel it, she kept going down and down. All that to say, I told her I wouldn't pay more than $200 for the Sunday ticket this season. After not budging, she gave it to me for $195. I kid you not! I should have said I wouldn't pay more than 150; however, I felt $195 wasn't a bad deal. Call them up and don't budge. They'll go down.

Be aware that DIRECTV assigns their customers tiers (ranked 1 through 5) based upon how much money they spend, how long they've been a customer, etc. People that are low-ranking customers may not get such a deal.

27" is weak. j/k

best buy has a 32" FLAT for 300 + tax. apprx 330.

u can swing that!

i know you like antiques, but c'mon now!

Yes, I could swing that. But I want bigger for my first HDTV. I'm thinking 50" or more.

I'll be a new dad by then so all my time will be took.....

I love the bills, will always but they have gave me no reason to wanna pay that much and take that much time away from something that is a million times more important

New borns sleep a LOT. I used to love having mine sleep on my chest while I watched the games. Just sayin ...

I was so mad when i went online to my directv account. I clicked on nfl sunday ticket, and price is now $315. yikes!!!

I'm still getting it. Maybe that's why I was mad. lol

So who else is krazy like me? Meaning renewing or singing up for sunday ticket.

I have been signed up since 1995, the second year they offered it and I will sign up again. I get Super Fan and usually watch the games on my laptop while my 13 year-old plays soccer because her games are usually at the same time. I get disappointed in the level of play, but I think, in some ways, it represents more than a game to me. It is my last real link to Buffalo because all of my immediate family has left.

I was so mad when i went online to my directv account. I clicked on nfl sunday ticket, and price is now $315. yikes!!!

The NFL is a greedy corporation. It's all about the money. Your money into their pockets. No thanks NFL!

I haven't called to cancel yet. But I'm going to. Until the Bills give me something worth paying for. I just feel like a douche actually paying for a team that really isn't serious about putting a good team together. Or at least the owner isnt'. I know when I call up they are going to cut the price but at this point anything over $150 simply is overprice to me. When the Bills show signs of life maybe I will renew. This fall my Sundays will be spent working on my golf game. More expensive I know by infinitely more fun.

I'll be a new dad by then so all my time will be took.....

I love the bills, will always but they have gave me no reason to wanna pay that much and take that much time away from something that is a million times more important

kids are more important than a game. HELL YEAH!!!!

but trying to say parents dont watch tv....what??? what about your break time???

3 hours vs 168 hours in a week is also a losing argument

congrats, new dad!

cool.

I called and cancelled on Tuesday. They never offered me a better deal. I talked to 3 different people, and all they said was "Are you sure you want to cancel" and I thought they would offer me a deal. They didn't and I've had the Sunday Ticket for 12 years.

I haven't called to cancel yet. But I'm going to. Until the Bills give me something worth paying for. I just feel like a douche actually paying for a team that really isn't serious about putting a good team together.

I'm an NFL fan, so while I always watch the Bills games, I do like being able to watch other matchups as well.

I called and cancelled on Tuesday. They never offered me a better deal. I talked to 3 different people, and all they said was "Are you sure you want to cancel" and I thought they would offer me a deal. They didn't and I've had the Sunday Ticket for 12 years.

If you wanted to stay, you should've said, "It's too expensive, but I'd stay for $X or if you give me X, Y, and Z."

This thread is funny because you have some people complaining that, "When I say cancel, I don't want to be jerked around, just cancel," and then you have some people (like this post) complaining that they called to cancel and weren't offered anything.

They're not mind readers - if you want something, ask for it. The worst that will happen is they'll say "No." (this goes for all companies)

I called yesterday and told them that I thought the price was high and was thinking of cancelling. The initial person who took my call forwarded me to rentention and they made the offer of $180 and I accepted it. It took about 5 minutes to complete the deal. I'm happy.

Our price has stayed the same since we signed up about 8 years ago.

I called today. Basically complained that Sunday Ticket was getting too expensive. The first person I spoke to said she couldn't do anything, and when I told her I needed to cancel my auto-renewal, she transferred me to someone else (I assume "Customer Retention"). After a little discussion, they agreed to rebate me $20/month for 6 months, basically a $120 rebate off of the auto-renewal rate of $315.

So like the Geico commercials, it really seems to be "a 10-minute call can save you $120". It wasn't contentious or anything, pretty simple really.

I had it for about 12 years also. Didn't renew last year as I couldn't see myself devoting so many Sunday afternoons to the team and coaches that were the Bills last year. Nothing this off-season from this team makes me want to renew at any price.

I had it for about 12 years also. Didn't renew last year as I couldn't see myself devoting so many Sunday afternoons to the team and coaches that were the Bills last year. Nothing this off-season from this team makes me want to renew at any price.

I can't imagine not having my Buffalo Bills on my big screen HDTV every Sunday, no matter what their circumstances. I haven't missed a game in I don't know how long. But that's just me.

The good thing is there's always room on the bandwagon when they do turn it around. And you can say I was there during the bad times.

I canceled Directv all together last month... Just don't have the extra income for $100 a month service.. much less another $300 for the NFL Ticket.. I've been a subscriber to Directv and the NFL Ticket for 14 years and the woman I spoke to couldn't get off the phone with me fast enough... No offers, no negotiation.. Don't let the remote control hit your ass on the way out was pretty much her response..

I just picked up a pretty good job and am hoping I can put enough extra money together to pick it back up before Sept. But if I can't, this may be the season to save my money anyway where the Bills are concerned... We'll see...

I canceled Directv all together last month... Just don't have the extra income for $100 a month service.. much less another $300 for the NFL Ticket.. I've been a subscriber to Directv and the NFL Ticket for 14 years and the woman I spoke to couldn't get off the phone with me fast enough... No offers, no negotiation.. Don't let the remote control hit your ass on the way out was pretty much her response..

I just picked up a pretty good job and am hoping I can put enough extra money together to pick it back up before Sept. But if I can't, this may be the season to save my money anyway where the Bills are concerned... We'll see...

Sorry to hear about that. I'm thinking DirecTV people are starting to catch on to customers threatening to cancel for a better deal and calling their bluff.

I'm a cheap ass and I'd probably pay the $300 entry fee for Sunday Ticket if they ever allowed it to run on Comcast. I hate that exclusivity deal.... I can't get a Satellite in my apartment... so I have to either find a bar with Bills games (not too hard), which is expensive... or settle for NFL Redzone, which only shows me the Bills when they get scored on :devil:

I'm a cheap ass and I'd probably pay the $300 entry fee for Sunday Ticket if they ever allowed it to run on Comcast. I hate that exclusivity deal.... I can't get a Satellite in my apartment... so I have to either find a bar with Bills games (not too hard), which is expensive... or settle for NFL Redzone, which only shows me the Bills when they get scored on :devil:

They did allow the cable companies to bid on it a few years ago - they didn't want to pay much for it.

As for an apartment - just my obligatory statement that an apartment building can't stop you from getting satellite. If it's in the lease, it's considered unenforceable because the FTC allows it and federal law trumps a lease. As long as you have a balcony, driveway (or window, if you want it inside your apartment), you can have it.

They did allow the cable companies to bid on it a few years ago - they didn't want to pay much for it.

As for an apartment - just my obligatory statement that an apartment building can't stop you from getting satellite. If it's in the lease, it's considered unenforceable because the FTC allows it and federal law trumps a lease. As long as you have a balcony, driveway (or window, if you want it inside your apartment), you can have it.

All of which I lack...

It's a high rise, no balcony. :devil:

GORGEOUS view... but no where to really put a satellite, unless they allow me to put it on the roof (I am on the top floor...)

All of which I lack...

It's a high rise, no balcony. :devil:

GORGEOUS view... but no where to really put a satellite, unless they allow me to put it on the roof (I am on the top floor...)

Could you use a portable dish like the vuqube and put it by a window??

It took 2 minutes and quick question "is this price negotiable?" and Directv dropped me down to 29 a month for 6 months. I'm good with that number

FYI - I called them up, just asked what deals I could get, and was given $10 off/24 months (to cover HD), and $20 off/6 months (to reduce Sunday Ticket). They also upgraded one of my ancient HD DVRs (bye bye, HD TiVo... :thumbsup: ) for free, and all without a contract extension. :thumbsup:

For those that don't get it. Make sure you are ready for Honey Do lists. At least with the package you have a excuse to be a bum. "But honey we spent 300 dollars on somethign we won't use?"

For what it's worth, this info might help people. The auto-renewal price is $299 this year, and that includes HD. No more superfan this year. Last year it was like $270 plus another $99 for HD.

The problem is, again, is that most of us never paid for Superfan. Superfan is garbage. To pay for HD when all of us are already paying for HD is ridiculous. So, that's not a savings that it is added in. Means nothing.

Second, then DTV discounted the package for most of us from the $270 another $120. So, in all, a ton of people got the package for $150 last year.

Superfan, was, is, and always has been nothing but garbage, that no one asked for. So, to say they threw it in this year, when a lot of us never paid for it in the first place is not a discount. I've always had Superfan, and never paid for it. So, for me, and everyone I know, they didn't just throw it in this year. It's always been free to anyone who would just ask to get it for free.

:thumbsup:

By they way, I called and also got the package for $179. Basically, the $20 a month off for 6 months. So that's 299-120, for $179. I can live with that.

The problem is, again, is that most of us never paid for Superfan. Superfan is garbage. To pay for HD when all of us are already paying for HD is ridiculous. So, that's not a savings that it is added in. Means nothing.

Second, then DTV discounted the package for most of us from the $270 another $120. So, in all, a ton of people got the package for $150 last year.

Superfan, was, is, and always has been nothing but garbage, that no one asked for. So, to say they threw it in this year, when a lot of us never paid for it in the first place is not a discount.

:thumbsup:

By they way, I called and also got the package for $179. Basically, the $20 a month off for 6 months. So that's 299-120, for $179. I can live with that.

Most of the people on TSW may have never paid for it, but the vast majority of "regular" users DID pay for it (and even some people in this thread said that they paid for it). Many people have complained that they shouldn't have to call to get a good deal -- well guess what? Now you don't have to - you get HD for free without having to make a phone call. What's the problem?

Most of the people on TSW may have never paid for it, but the vast majority of "regular" users DID pay for it (and even some people in this thread said that they paid for it). Many people have complained that they shouldn't have to call to get a good deal -- well guess what? Now you don't have to - you get HD for free without having to make a phone call. What's the problem?

Who needs it, when we have Fez guiding us along weekly.

All of which I lack...

It's a high rise, no balcony. :thumbsup:

More and more larger buildings are getting centralized dishes...a single commercial dish for the whole complex. DIRECTV even does the installation for free. And the package prices tend to be $5 to $10 cheaper a month.