Apologies to Buffaloians

Yes, i am the idiot who woke up this morning and saw that i had posted something yesterday called "Buffalo is a Bush League City".

Well, I didn't read it and don't remember what I wrote. Yesterday was not my day and I got into a funk and some bad stuff and must have decided to take it out on Buffalo, which of course I know nothing about. All i can do is apolize and learn a lesson.

I apologize if I upset anyone. (I didn't read the replies, but deserve whatever they said. Sorry for wasting your time too.)

I won't read any replies to this post either; better if I just stay away from message boards and booze for a while.

I feel like an ass and need to grow up a little.

Sincerely,

Bananathumb

Yes, i am the idiot who woke up this morning and saw that i had posted something yesterday called "Buffalo is a Bush League City".

Well, I didn't read it and don't remember what I wrote. Yesterday was not my day and I got into a funk and some bad stuff and must have decided to take it out on Buffalo, which of course I know nothing about. All i can do is apolize and learn a lesson.

I apologize if I upset anyone. (I didn't read the replies, but deserve whatever they said. Sorry for wasting your time too.)

I won't read any replies to this post either; better if I just stay away from message boards and booze for a while.

Sincerely,

Bananathumb

We all do odd things from time to time. I certainly do.

Keep posting. :thumbsup:

Sincerely,

Bananathumb

this is a pretty good redemption post considering theyre usually very rare on the internet. lets just turn the page on this one.

I've never drank alocohol and feel the need to trash someone's else hometown. In fact whereever I go, I always manage to have a good time. Instead of blaming booze, maybe you need to look in the mirror first. I give you a little props for apologizing because a lot of people wouldn't, but your original post was pathetic 5th grade material.

I read the orig. post but I didnt get it....

Your story today makes sense.

No hard feelings - but I am from Rochester anyways! Go Garbage plates!

I went to Rochester one time and didn't get laid. Thus, Rochester is a dirt hole and a minor league city. :thumbsup:

Garbage plates + Duff's Wings. Upstate NY food=no comparison!!!

As my mom would say, "as long as you feel guilty, it is all right."

:thumbsup:

No harm done... carry on, Bills brother!

Sincerely,

Bananathumb

I've never drank alocohol and feel the need to trash someone's else hometown. In fact whereever I go, I always manage to have a good time. Instead of blaming booze, maybe you need to look in the mirror first. I give you a little props for apologizing because a lot of people wouldn't, but your original post was pathetic 5th grade material.

Geez, lighten up. They guy issued an apology (he didn't have to--he was just giving an opinion).

:thumbsup:

QUOTE (C.Biscuit97 @ Jun 3 2010, 11:35 PM)

If you're going the same Bills sucks responses all the time, at least try and be funny. 10 year olds would find your "jokes" lame.

:unsure:

What the board really needs is a few more of your sermons on being a real fan.

:unsure:

... and Rohrbach's!!! (I'm in Rochester too)

Geez, lighten up. They guy issued an apology (he didn't have to--he was just giving an opinion).

I gave him credit for apologizing. But drinking is a dumb excuse to bash a place a lot of people care about it. I've never bashed anyone's hometown. And to say oh I was drunk is BS. Life is what you make it.

I went to Rochester one time and didn't get laid. Thus, Rochester is a dirt hole and a minor league city. :thumbsup:

You forgot to mention that the one time you went to Rochester you stayed there for five years (and still didn't get laid).

I gave him credit for apologizing. But drinking is a dumb excuse to bash a place a lot of people care about it. I've never bashed anyone's hometown. And to say oh I was drunk is BS. Life is what you make it.

Maybe he's young and hadn't learned that yet? I learned that drinking wasn't a valid excuse, but I didn't know that immediately. We're all on a curve.

You forgot to mention that the one time you went to Rochester you stayed there for five years (and still didn't get laid).

I'd rather save it for a 10 rather than 5 2's like some people. If you only choice is your hand or a chick that looks like Mankind, the hand is probably the better choice. Especially sober. :thumbsup:

Since you haven't ever drank alcohol, you have no idea what being drunk is. Therefore, you hold no valid opinion on alcohol.

WTF are you talking about? Learn to read. If I was drunk, I'm not going to take the time to post on an internet board where the majority of the people are from the area about how bad that city sucks. When I'm drinking, I'm doing much better things. The guy sounds like a loser. If you put me in Allaska, I'd make it fun. And I certainly won't go on an Alaskan internet board to complain it.

Maybe he's young and hadn't learned that yet? I learned that drinking wasn't a valid excuse, but I didn't know that immediately. We're all on a curve.

Fair enough and I've made a ton of mistakes drinking. But I don't get drunk and bash people's hometowns. It's super weak.

WTF are you talking about? Learn to read. If I was drunk, I'm not going to take the time to post on an internet board where the majority of the people are from the area about how bad that city sucks. When I'm drinking, I'm doing much better things. The guy sounds like a loser. If you put me in Allaska, I'd make it fun. And I certainly won't go on an Alaskan internet board to complain it.

Like passing out on train tracks and peeing yourself?

I gotta say, if all I did was write inflammatory blog posts in my early 20s when I was drunk (and honestly, not even all that inflammatory), my mid to late 20s wouldn't have been spent dealing with the mess. The path to maturity is different for all, as is the scenery along the way.

Youd think this cbiscuit guy would have the class not to insult him again after the guy apologizes.

For real, transient, its not like he said we are all semen-addicted nancy boys. He just said our town was dead.

I learned that being drunk is not an excuse back in college. I regretted it then, and i still regret my actions that night.

Booze 'n Post is a time honored tradition around here. Rarely is a follow up apology made. Kudos to OP, and CBiscuit, well, you're coming off worse than the original booze 'n poster.

Whatever and I really don't ccare. I love my hometown and would never insult anyone. Maybe I'll get drunk, throw some insults around, and apologize for it because I was drunk. I'm done with it. Have a good weekend and if sucks, blame yourself, not the place.

Booze 'n Post is a time honored tradition around here. Rarely is a follow up apology made. Kudos to OP, and CBiscuit, well, you're coming off worse than the original booze 'n poster.

Really?? I would have thought that everyone on this board immediately following a game was stone cold sober. :thumbsup:

Holy schit. An apology for a drunken post! I suppose I owe a few of those - you know who you are.

Seriously, bananathumb, very classy. You've elevated yourself to one of my favorite posters. Until you disagree with me, of course, at which time I'll drop another drunk-post-bomb, and wish I had the temerity to apologize for it.

Sincerely,

Bananathumb

or...are you drinking today and only think you're sober now? a bender can be very confusing and matrix-like.

listen up--it should be tough for most people who have graduated from high school to be offended when someone named bananathumb* doesn't like their clothes, their hair, or their entire city. that said--good for you for taking the time to care enough to jump back in.

*or any other screen name including mine

Cut the guy some slack. --- I normally enjoy your postings but playing 'tuff guy' on this one is way out of line. Have a beer and chill out.

..... "maybe you need to look in the mirror first"....gimme a break. :ph34r:

Youd think this cbiscuit guy would have the class not to insult him again after the guy apologizes.

For real, transient, its not like he said we are all semen-addicted nancy boys. He just said our town was dead.

That guy trashes everyone...its what he does.

Sincerely,

Bananathumb

a sincere apology. man that's nice to see on this board. maybe it'll open up the gate for more in the future?.........nah, but hell, 1 is good.