OMFG

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Young pitcher from Detroit gets screwed out of a perfect game by umpire ruling a runner safe who was CLEARLY out. Would have been the final out of the game. Shades of Denkinger as far as one of the most egregious bad calls I've ever seen.

Is there a replay anywhere?

Young pitcher from Detroit gets screwed out of a perfect game by umpire ruling a runner safe who was CLEARLY out. Would have been the final out of the game. Shades of Denkinger as far as one of the most egregious bad calls I've ever seen.

Was that from today? If so that would have been the 3rd perfect game this year. There have only been I think 20 or 21 in the whole history of MLB

The pro-replay sportswriters just got a tank and a bunch of ammo to work with. I feel sick for the kid, myself.

The pro-replay sportswriters just got a tank and a bunch of ammo to work with. I feel sick for the kid, myself.

If they start to use replay to rule on whether a runner is safe or out I'll be pretty much done with sports. <_<

One of the most horrendois calls I have ever seen in my life. It was not even close. Almost as bad as Music City :lol:

I feel terrible for the kid, someone Effs up one of the most honorable mentions you can ever have. Good job Ump. <_<

i am all for getting the call right, and have 'accepted' nfl replay....but I agree 100% with you here....

If they start to use replay to rule on whether a runner is safe or out I'll be pretty much done with sports. <_<

I've always been, and still am, the same way. But damn if this doesn't make me think about it.

i am all for getting the call right, and have 'accepted' nfl replay....but I agree 100% with you here....

I watch a lot of baseball and it's amazing how often the calls are right. It's based more on sound (at first anyway) that sight.

Does this automatically go down as the worst call in the history of sports? You could certainly make a case for it. Despite the recent rash of perfect games, they happen once every 5 years on average...and Jim Joyce just spoiled it for everybody.

I figured even if Donald was a safe by a little bit, Joyce would call him out just to save himself from the booing. But he was out by more than half a step! I could see it easily from my living room sofa!

Wow, just saw the play. What a travesty for the kid, and the ump should be fired plain and simple. Blowing a call is one thing, blowing an obvious call to ruin a perfect game is inexcusable. I'm livid and I really don't like the Tigers. What a shame.

Sure, losing a perfect game is rough, but this call didn't decide the game. That's the kind of call that really fuels the instant replay fire.

Wow, just saw the play. What a travesty for the kid, and the ump should be fired plain and simple. Blowing a call is one thing, blowing an obvious call to ruin a perfect game is inexcusable. I'm livid and I really don't like the Tigers. What a shame.

Screw getting fired, I'll admire Joyce's cojones if he doesn't just up and quit tomorrow. That would probably be the smart thing.