OMFG

I'm not sure a firing would be uncalled for, but I think he may at least get suspended. IMO, maybe the best thing to do is get the dude some glasses or laser surgery.

There is a big difference between a routine missed call, and embarrassing the league by ruining a perfect game. The end of the world? No Anyone die? No. But this is far from an everyday routine mistake.

Come on man, be serious. That's the beauty of the game of baseball.

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The mistakes are beauty? <_<

That it's not perfect. Do you even watch the game? How many pitches are made in a game 200? 300? And the call (ball or strike) is 100% up to the guy behind the plate. You argue, you get tossed. The fact that they started using instant replay to call home runs sucks.

That it's not perfect. Do you even watch the game? How many pitches are made in a game 200? 300? And the call (ball or strike) is 100% up to the guy behind the plate. You argue, you get tossed. The fact that they started using instant replay to call home runs sucks.

I'm not for instant replay, but if you don't think this ends up being a huge embarrassment to the league, stay tuned...

Home runs I can see using instant replay for. Anything else is too much.

It's a tough line to balance with what is too much and what is needed involving instant replay.

Home runs I can see using instant replay for. Anything else is too much.

It's a tough line to balance with what is too much and what is needed involving instant replay.

Instant replay in any sport is bull ****.

I really don't care about replay for balls/strikes. But HRs and plays in the field, like the one in question tonite, yes, I want to see replay used. I want to see the call made right. IF you have to double check the monitor to get it right...absolutely, do it.

I think instant replay enhances the integrity of the sport to be honest. Are you against instant replay in football, where it is obviously a needed tool?

There are way too many stopages in the game of football as it is. Instant replay in football is the worst. I didn't tune in to watch a !@#$ing zebra stick his head in a box. Instant replay has no place in sports other than the finish line of a race.

There are way too many stopages in the game of football as it is. Instant replay in football is the worst. I didn't tune in to watch a !@#$ing zebra stick his head in a box. Instant replay has no place in sports other than the finish line of a race.

But the refs blowing calls can have a huge effect on the outcome of games and seasons, no? Is that not worth a little wait, to make sure things are right?

I was at the Lake County Captains game tonight in the Cleveland suburbs. A group of us had gathered at the outfield bar at the ballpark, where the Tribe-Tigers game was on TV.

I saw the play live on the broadcast, initially thought he was out, but I noticed that the pitcher snow-coned the ball on the replay, which is why I thought the umpire called Jason Donald safe. But Donald was out. Even the ump has owned up to this.

This would have been the third perfect game in 4 weeks. Now, this is going to be remembered for another reason. And it may be remembered moreso than the other two perfect games, for what happened at the end, how the umpire handled it, and how Gallaraga (sp?) handled it as well.

Spoken like a crusty old fart. "Just give it to em."

Ironic that this thread has gotten so many replies and we haven't even talked about one of the greatest players to ever play the game retiring. A career and player of Griffey's magnitude is a rarer feat than throwing a perfect game period.

The fact that this overshadowed what should have been a great day for baseball to honor and celebrate the career of one of the greatest players ever is reason enough for Joyce to be fired.

Outside of baseball, it may not be that big of a deal to some, but to those involved with baseball it is an inexcusable travesty.

A career and player of Griffey's magnitude is a rarer feat than throwing a perfect game period.

Interesting question. There have been 20 PGs in MLB history (21 after today's debacle). Have there been 20 players in baseball history better than Griffey? I don't think so, given he has not had any of the steroid rumors surrounding him.

Interesting question. There have been 20 PGs in MLB history (21 after today's debacle). Have there been 20 players in baseball history better than Griffey? I don't think so, given he has not had any of the steroid rumors surrounding him.

Griffey is top 10 to ever play the game.

630 career HRs in the steroid era. He should be #4 all-time.