Ed Wang signs

BTW,

There are tons of ProFootballTalk naysayers on this board.

So in fairness, PFT broke the Ed Wang signing story. It's not yet been made official by the Bills.

Any story PFT picks up somewhere else, they attribute. Unlike many media outlets, they are VERY SCRUPULOUS about attribution. They give credit where credit is due. They don't pretend that a story is theirs unless it is.

And whatever you think of their writing/methods/style, PFT is the best one-stop shopping source for NFL news.

edit: It has been made official by the Bills. But PFT got the news from a league source and before the other news outlets.

BTW,

There are tons of ProFootballTalk naysayers on this board.

So in fairness, PFT broke the Ed Wang signing story. It's not yet been made official by the Bills.

Any story PFT picks up somewhere else, they attribute. Unlike many media outlets, they are VERY SCRUPULOUS about attribution. They give credit where credit is due. They don't pretend that a story is theirs unless it is.

And whatever you think of their writing/methods/style, PFT is the best one-stop shopping source for NFL news.

edit: It has been made official by the Bills. But PFT got the news from a league source and before the other news outlets.

I took a class from someone who works at the NFL. He said that PFT more often than not gets things right.

This guy is a class act. If he can get past the overbearing parent /Tiger's dad thing; high hopes for him.

That and from scouting reports and having seen some tape of him, he needs to get a lot stronger and more physical. For instance, I noticed that his arms are pretty underwhelming and for a guy of his listed size, no part of his physique really jumps out.

It seems like Wang won't have any problems picking up the offense and he's reputed to be an excellent technician….great feet and use of hands.

It looks like he's only missing the meanness and physicality.

That and from scouting reports and having seen some tape of him, he needs to get a lot stronger and more physical. For instance, I noticed that his arms are pretty underwhelming and for a guy of his listed size, no part of his physique really jumps out.

It seems like Wang won't have any problems picking up the offense and he's reputed to be an excellent technician….great feet and use of hands.

I have a feeling that those aspects might not be as important to Gaileys scheme as some might think. With CG implementing a running game with zone blocking, having offensive lineman, especially the tackles, that are more agile with quick hands might be more important than having ones that are built for power. The power on the inside with agility on the outside of the line is what is needed with zone blocking. Wang has the attributes to fit that scheme perfectly.

This guy is a class act. If he can get past the overbearing parent /Tiger's dad thing; high hopes for him.

Yes, I wonder just how present his parents will be.

:thumbsup:

Just what do hyper-involved parents do to an NFL club house? From within, and without?

Yes, I wonder just how present his parents will be.

:thumbsup:

Just what do hyper-involved parents do to an NFL club house? From within, and without?

Making sure he doesn't pick up 13 year old girls at the corner gas station like Travis. or run over Canadians while drunk like Marshawn. Or smoking weed with a gun on your dashboard in Watts section of LA late at night like Marshawn. Or yelling at cops they can't arrest you because you're a millionaire like Ko.

Making sure he doesn't pick up 13 year old girls at the corner gas station like Travis. or run over Canadians while drunk like Marshawn. Or smoking weed with a gun on your dashboard in Watts section of LA late at night like Marshawn. Or yelling at cops they can't arrest you because you're a millionaire like Ko.

It wasn't in Watts, which is now heavily Latino anyway.

I hope that Wang's helmet is blue when playing hard with Wood or he may have to Hang with Levitre.

For the record, the name is pronounced "Wong." That might affect the excruciatingly juvenile dick jokes around here, but it does open the door to a fresh approach, like why the Bills didn't sign Jeff Wright's two sons: Because two Wrights don't make a Wang.

Yes the best--nay--only way to prevent this type of behavior is to have parents hovering over their adult son and all his adult colleagues.

I'm not saying they are or will be, but assuming they are, I think having parents around would offset the so-called benefits you've named.

It's so great to have an early signing ... this kid wants to play ... actually, he wants to start!

He has the right attitude ... now let's see how many of our other picks want to play just as badly as he does.

Would love to see Easley ink a contract soon because every report so far has this kid pulling in everything tossed his way ...

I thought that was his strong suit. That he was tough as nails, and loved the contact, but that his technique needed work.

I thought that was his strong suit. That he was tough as nails, and loved the contact, but that his technique needed work.

Well, here's 7 minutes of Ed Wang against North Carolina. It must be about 60 plays…a pretty good sample size.

I'll stand by what I wrote. He has nice short area quickness, good awareness (head on a swivel), plays well in space but lacks push and punch and isn't a mauler nor a brawler. When he's successful, it's mostly that he stalemates his opponent. He doesn't dominate anyone in this game.

But I'll let you judge for yourself.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMqPNKXgFLA