Chan Gailey profile on NFLN

Heitz

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-player-inter...ght-Chan-Gailey

It doesn't show it here, but on the TV show Jaime Dukes roasts us, 'course that guy's an idiot.

Seriously though, Gailey makes a lot of sense in what he's saying, if we can just play tough, smart football we CAN win some games. I don't understand how people can't get behind what the organization is trying to build...

It doesn't show it here, but on the TV show Jaime Dukes roasts us, 'course that guy's an idiot.

Seriously though, Gailey makes a lot of sense in what he's saying, if we can just play tough, smart football we CAN win some games. I don't understand how people can't get behind what the organization is trying to build...

-A 70+ yr old GM, who has never been a GM before, and was the only canidate interviewed for the job, and no one - no one - knows exactly how his draft boards have looked in the past. He is given a lot of credit as a great talent evaluater guy, but reality is we have no idea who he has and hasnt liked. He may not have even been in the draft room on draft day in SD - a lot of teams operate that way.

- Our head coach is a guy no one wanted. He has been fired from every job he has ever had without much, if any, consistant success. Then, he brings in a RB coach to be OC from a team that couldnt run the ball, and 90% of his sh*tty staff at GT - a staff that couldnt get it done at the college level.

For me its not what the organization is trying to do, its how they are going about doing it.

If we just play smart and don't loose the football so much we'd be in much better shape. - Dick Jauron

Edit: just watched vid, he's sure going for the coach Maybe title... :/

-A 70+ yr old GM, who has never been a GM before, and was the only canidate interviewed for the job, and no one - no one - knows exactly how his draft boards have looked in the past. He is given a lot of credit as a great talent evaluater guy, but reality is we have no idea who he has and hasnt liked. He may not have even been in the draft room on draft day in SD - a lot of teams operate that way.

- Our head coach is a guy no one wanted. He has been fired from every job he has ever had without much, if any, consistant success. Then, he brings in a RB coach to be OC from a team that couldnt run the ball, and 90% of his sh*tty staff at GT - a staff that couldnt get it done at the college level.

For me its not what the organization is trying to do, its how they are going about doing it.

As Asst. G.M. to AJ Smith in S.D. I guarantee you Nix was in EVERY war room during every draft he was in that position. To suggest otherwise is pure folly. Nix was also a regular in the S.D. war room when Butler was G.M. and Nix headed up their scouting department. They leaned on Nix A LOT for immediate input on upcoming selections.

GO BILLS!!!

So cowher, shanny, and every big name guy turned it down.

U want leslie frazier, an unkown, or a guy whose 18-14 in two head coaching seasons with two playoff appearances, with multiple winning seasons at the college level.

So who do u want at GM? Polian? a big name guy? He can't coming here.

We made lemonade from lemons with this staff. lets just see if they can get it done

- Doesn't Nix get a lot of credit for helping SD rebuild through the draft? From what I've read about and heard from the guy, I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. I think that he and Chan are going to bring fundamental football to Buffalo - mistake free, tough play on both sides of the ball.

- Most coaches get fired along the way, it's part of the gig. If anything Gailey has shown consistently that he can score, I think we will run and we will score some TD's.

I'm not saying I would have done the same thing, but we seem to have some direction. For the first time in a long time, I feel like we're not just going to look like unprepared chumps out on the field. Chan's at least not going to let that happen. Play solid, throw in a home run hitter like Spiller and you never know what might happen.

If we land and LT like Gaither before training camp, I think we might be a little surprise some teams this year...

For me, the questions and answers...it's all rhetoric…the same conversations we have here every day.

The most interesting thing for me is just listening to Gailey talk and reading his face and trying to figure out the sort of person that he is.

Can he lead? Can he motivate? How does he choose his words? Is he smart? Does he have integrity? Is there any phoniness?

As you get old, those tend to be the things that you take from interview packages like this.

Thanks for posting, Heitz.

Blah Blah. I myself had a similar rant back in the day when they hired that loser coach nobody wanted and everyone passed on - Marv Levy.

So what you are saying is you don't believe in Buddy and Chan.Hmm, we have a great draft,we replenshed

our defense with talent, I guarentee our offense is going to surprise a lot of people next year.Buddy was

here when we last had a talented team, then went and help build oh maybe the Chargers.Chan is an offensive

guru...hmm steelers with odonnell,cowboys, chiefs....oh yeah but you dont believe..sorry bud time for you to

root for another team.

No wonder why so many people have left this board. too many negative posters..

Cmon you want to go back to the Dickhead....Jauron...please

People can't keep saying that Nix doesn't have GM experience.... and that may be true, but he WAS an assistant GM. So those people who are saying that he only has scouting experience is just wrong. Since he was an assistant GM, he had his hands in things more than just scouting. And it came from an organization with a good football program.

And as far as Chan goes.... I did't really like the Jauron hire, but I gave him a chance, just because I didn't have a choice. And although Chan isn't an exciting choice, his record in pro and college is a winning record, and I like that a lot. this guy might not be the best coach in the NFL, but he isn't coming into this job as a loser. I know it is sad to think "this guy is great because he is not a loser" but hell, I will gladly take it. Especially if we get to the playoffs in the next two seasons.

I really can't fathom that anybody doesnt like these guys, or should I say hate them the way you do. the more I see of them, the more I like them. You really are in the minority here.

But you know what, all your bit**ing its't going to change things. you'll just have to wait till the season ends to see if you are right or you're wrong. Hopefully there will be a time when you finally get behind your team though. but I get the feeling you're never happy. It's too bad the rest of us have to read this stuff over and over.

Despite the Miami turnaround talk, I think you can tell Gailey knows that without a lot of breaks this is a rebuilding year. I like the transition to the 3-4, the size added to the Front 7, a playmaker in Spiller, not even entertaining the possibility of an Owens return, and the focus on bigger WR's. Obviously, Left Tackle is a huge need, but it sounds like they are currently working on that. The only complaint I have right now is basically staying pat at QB. Edwards, Fitzpatrick, and Brohm scare no one and are basically the same guy. If Gailey is an expert on QB's and creative, why not bring in a QB that brings something different to the table and can make things happen with his feet?

I have made my case for why Gailey is a God awful hire. The guy hasn't been successful since he left Dallas and from the outside looking in hiring a guy who was a mediocre coordinator and a mediocre college HC over the last decade makes us look small time. The guy appears as a good ole boys network hire. A bunch of good coaches vouch for the guy and we hire him thinking well if he is good enough for them...

Honestly Gailey has the right mentality breaking the game down to fundamentals very similar to Marty Ball all football is, is blocking and tackling. I hope Gailey is a good HC but I just don't see it since he left Dallas every team has preformed as good or worse since Gailey left them.

For me, the questions and answers...it's all rhetoric…the same conversations we have here every day.

The most interesting thing for me is just listening to Gailey talk and reading his face and trying to figure out the sort of person that he is.

Can he lead? Can he motivate? How does he choose his words? Is he smart? Does he have integrity? Is there any phoniness?

As you get old, those tend to be the things that you take from interview packages like this.

Thanks for posting, Heitz.

I think when you get older as a coach most of that phoniness either gets worn off or people lose respect for you. Hes a renown teacher, his lead in to the QB question from his answer from another question proves, in my opinion, his intelligence. He knew that was going to be the interviewers harpoon and he took her big question away from her, downplaying the situation. I guess he has stated publically that he won't discuss individual players, how well he can hold to this is yet to be seen, but it seems like part of his plan to instill a new culture on the team.

So does he have the qualities that you look for in a HC? Some of them at least. Does he have enough qualities to get our team back to a level of respectability? I don't know but i sure hope so.

Despite the Miami turnaround talk, I think you can tell Gailey knows that without a lot of breaks this is a rebuilding year. I like the transition to the 3-4, the size added to the Front 7, a playmaker in Spiller, not even entertaining the possibility of an Owens return, and the focus on bigger WR's. Obviously, Left Tackle is a huge need, but it sounds like they are currently working on that. The only complaint I have right now is basically staying pat at QB. Edwards, Fitzpatrick, and Brohm scare no one and are basically the same guy. If Gailey is an expert on QB's and creative, why not bring in a QB that brings something different to the table and can make things happen with his feet?

Man I was really with you until you wrote that last sentence.

If 2 of our 6 glaring needs are going to have to wait until next year to be addressed thats fine with me. There will actually be QBs that will be worth making plays on. If Levi Brown looks good so be it but I'm sure we will be making QB and LT our top 2 picks next year.

Chan wasn't my choice, but he might be OK. I like that he said Ralph told him to win. Not rebuild for 4 years and then win. I believe that Chan will do everything in his power to win this year. Let the 2011 draft picks fall where they may.

I also found what he said about our QBs to be right on. Both have showed flashes of being good, but no one has been consistent. Why he chose to stand pat knowing this I don't know.

I hope it works out.

10-6

Chan wasn't my choice, but he might be OK. I like that he said Ralph told him to win. Not rebuild for 4 years and then win. I believe that Chan will do everything in his power to win this year. Let the 2011 draft picks fall where they may.

I also found what he said about our QBs to be right on. Both have showed flashes of being good, but no one has been consistent. Why he chose to stand pat knowing this I don't know.

I hope it works out.

10-6

Chan wasn't my choice either. To me, his hiring was a surprise. But as i read up on him and learned about what he did with the Cowpokes and Stillers, I'm very open minded to what he can do for the Bills. He will do what he can to win this year with what he has. I don't think he'll sell our future to just win this year tho. He'll make the most of our current talent and next year he'll add to our nucleus. Obviously this is just my view on what he'll do. He seems to be good at getting the most out of qb's. So i think he'll see what he can get out of current qb's before deciding how high of a draft pick should be relegated to one next year. I know it's very early to say, way to early actually, but at this moment i would love to have Jake Locker on our team. But with time things change. We'll see what things Chan can get out of current crop of qb's. maybe he'll surprise people. maybe he won't. But i tend to think from past performance that he'll open some eyes a bit.

-A 70+ yr old GM, who has never been a GM before

Look around the NFL. Most GM's were never GM's before. Bill Polian who we revere was never a GM before he was hired. So I don't understand your point.

- Our head coach is a guy no one wanted.

No one wanted a reject head coach from the CFL and USFL either. His name was Marv Levy.

What I think you mean is this organization isn't hiring the names that you hear on ESPN and NFLN. Because what you really want is approval from the media. You want media people to slobber over the Bills in order to validate the team. Well guess what? Media people tend to be wrong most of the time. You just forget that because no one grades the experts after they shoot their mouths off.

PTR