Sources: Texans' Cushing Suspended for 4 Games

I believe this dictates he should get his ROY honor stripped.

...and we can then give it to Byrd :thumbsup:

:nana:

Do roids make guys injury prone? Cushing had a lot of injuries in college. Well this should quiet down some of the "we should have taken Cushing" crowd.

Agree 100%. I hate cheaters. Look at Merriman before and after the roids ACL tear and knee surgery. I expect Cushing to become really average.

People seem to forget that Merriman came back and from the suspension and had 17 sacks - which was tops in the league-in 12 games. His suspension, like Cushings, dates back months before the start of the season. AKA he was off the roids for months before it starter

Then the next year he has 12.5 sacks

Then he tears ACL

Then he has a bad year because everyone knows it takes a min. of two years to get back to full strength.

http://www.nfl.com/players/shawnemerriman/...le?id=MER568200

Merriman is still on of the best pash rushers in the leaegue, and if he is on the trade block, we should be all over it.

People seem to forget that Merriman came back and from the suspension and had 17 sacks - which was tops in the league-in 12 games. His suspension, like Cushings, dates back months before the start of the season. AKA he was off the roids for months before it starter

Then the next year he has 12.5 sacks

Then he tears ACL

Then he has a bad year because everyone knows it takes a min. of two years to get back to full strength.

http://www.nfl.com/players/shawnemerriman/...le?id=MER568200

Merriman is still on of the best pash rushers in the leaegue, and if he is on the trade block, we should be all over it.

Who knows how long it takes to get that stuff out of your system--ever see the "before" and "after" pictures for Merriman? Night and day, or "Pro Bowl" talent and JAG. I'll believe it when I see him do it again in his JAG physique.....

Not surprising Cushing has been doing roids since he played for Bergen Catholic Crusaders in High School.

Played football in Northern NJ and it wasn't a secret that Cushing (And a lot of other name players on bigger programs were juicing because the testing was non-existent) was juicing the only thing I was surprised about was that he got caught usually if you got away with it this long you rarely get caught down the line.

I believe this dictates he should get his ROY honor stripped.

...and we can then give it to Byrd :thumbsup:

Donte Whitner thinks the same thing:

B. Kushing suspended for steriods! I don't respect fuys that CHEAT!

about 6 hours ago via UberTwitter

Give the defensive rookie of the year to Jarius Byrd...he did it the RIGHT way!

about 6 hours ago via UberTwitter

:thumbsup:

Do roids make guys injury prone? Cushing had a lot of injuries in college. Well this should quiet down some of the "we should have taken Cushing" crowd.

I would not really say injure prone but you do grow stupid muscle with out the bone structure to back that up.

:thumbsup:

No, just the opposite. Steroids can help heal injuries quicker. If you cycle steroids properly you can pass the drug tests. He just got careless.

He just issued a statement with Jay Glazer http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/brian-c...-steroid-050810

Says he didn't take a steroid, Glazer is going to be on Sirius at 3:00. Cushing trains at Glazer's MMA training school too, hence the scoop I guess. Ross Tucker said if it's not a roid, it's probably a masking agent. Should be an interesting interview...

so if it wasnt a steroid then why not come out and say what it was? surely it wasnt rogaine...

Because he's FOS. I'm sick of this crap. Remember all those baseball players who Canesco named for being juicers. They all denied it strongly and even piled on Canesco. If you are trying clean, you would sue and fight like hell to clear your name. However if you are lying (like Palmerio), you talk a big game but do nothing.

The NFL could really separate themselves from other leagues if they stripped his award from him. Speculate all you want about other players losing, but he got caught. He cheated the game and doesn't deserve an award. Screw him.