JaMarcus Russel about to be cut

LINK:http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/23022/clayton-raiders-preparing-to-cut-russell

Now I know Russell was maybe the worst QB in the league for the Raiders, but he does have a cannon, and is young.

So with that in mind, any chance we (the bills) or you as a Bills fan, has interest is Russell?

Keep in mind, Russell did play for the Raiders. I am not making excuses for the young man, but it is hard to develope into a superstar, or even a good player when the Raiders draft you. No matter how good or talented you were supposed to be. (i.e. Huff, Gallary, McFadden, etc)

I am not under the dillusion that russell is the answer for the Bills, but if he were cheap and easily signed, would you remotely be interested?

My answer: NO

LINK:http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/23022/clayton-raiders-preparing-to-cut-russell

Now I know Russell was maybe the worst QB in the league for the Raiders, but he does have a cannon, and is young.

So with that in mind, any chance we (the bills) or you as a Bills fan, has interest is Russell?

Keep in mind, Russell did play for the Raiders. I am not making excuses for the young man, but it is hard to develope into a superstar, or even a good player when the Raiders draft you. No matter how good or talented you were supposed to be. (i.e. Huff, Gallary, McFadden, etc)

I am not under the dillusion that russell is the answer for the Bills, but if he were cheap and easily signed, would you remotely be interested?

My answer: probably not

I knew it was just a matter of time before someone suggested this insanity. Terrible

The fact remains somebody is going to take a chance on this guy.

If it came down to a roster spot for Russell v Fitzpatrick, I would take Russell, soley based on upside. Fitzpatrick is what he is....a journeyman backup with no accuracy. Russell is complete garbage, but at least there is a flicker of hope for him to get better.

But at the end of the day, it's Jamarcus Russell. Not a big deal.

No team is going to sign this guy unless they are able to find him at the craps table in Vegas.

I am sure someone will see what they could do with him. In fact, he is the kind of guy the Raiders would be interested in . . . oh, wait, never mind.

While there's usually one or two people who make a case to sign every single player released, I think this is one guy who nobody will want. Then again, I could be wrong.

Russell is the biggest bust of all time. bigger than Leaf.

Yep.

Remember this?...none of that looks so good any more! That whole class of QB's can get flushed. It was my brothers wedding day and I remember having the bar tender running me draft picks. Young, Leinert, Cutler...sucks.

Watch the video, please! It is amazing after the draft to be ab le to see these kinds of highlights...and...now...(I tried looking for a highlight but you cannot recognize what has not been done.)

The fact you even have the footballs enough to propose this means you are not in touch with whats going on. You should be banned from bringing up topics fro at least a year. JMO...........

While there's usually one or two people who make a case to sign every single player released, I think this is one guy who nobody will want. Then again, I could be wrong.

Russell is the biggest bust of all time. bigger than Leaf.

WHOA! I dont think he is a bigger bust than Ryan Leaf. Jemarcus was only good in college one year plus ryan leaf was put in the same league as peyton manning. They're tied together kinda like good vs evil..LOL...

Step away from the crack pipe, sir.

The fact you even have the footballs enough to propose this means you are not in touch with whats going on. You should be banned from bringing up topics fro at least a year. JMO...........

listen dick, dont read the topic if you dont like it. I am not suggesting we sign him, I just wanted to know what other people thought. I mean, its not like we have a true starting qb, or even a good qb at that.

And maybe you should clarify what is exactly going on? Since, according to you, I am not in touch-

Well, he does have Al Davis' endorsement.

Besides all the name calling AD spewed with his overhead projector, he said his biggest fallout with L. Kiffin was over Russell. Al proclaimed Russell will be a superstar in the league!

OK Al, now eat your applesauce..

WHOA! I dont think he is a bigger bust than Ryan Leaf. Jemarcus was only good in college one year plus ryan leaf was put in the same league as peyton manning. They're tied together kinda like good vs evil..LOL...

I think he's the biggest bust in sports history.

The guy had an amazing pro day. Almost godly and the football world in awe of his raw ability. He has the strongest arm of all time. He was the top prospect and played the most important position in sports. Everyone drooled over him. He went number one overall. He had a long holdout before being paid a disgusting amount of money (oh how I long for a rookie pay scale). And then the rest, as they say, is history.

He was so bad on the field. The truth came out. He was fat, lazy and didn't give a damn about football. He didn't want to put in the work and didn't try or care.

Now he's going to be release ad will fade into obscurity.

He will be talked about for years to come as the biggest bust of all time. He's that bad.

My answer: NO

Please tell me you did not just ask if we should sign him or have interest in him.

Raiders had nothing to do with the fact that he had ZERO work ethic.

Remember that he is not only an underachieving sack of crap, he's an underacheiving sack of crap with a net worth somewhere in the $40M range. I'm not sure he's going to get pumped for the chance to turn $800k/year into a steady $2M/year backup job.

I think he's the biggest bust in sports history.

The guy had an amazing pro day. Almost godly and the football world in awe of his raw ability. He has the strongest arm of all time. He was the top prospect and played the most important position in sports. Everyone drooled over him. He went number one overall. He had a long holdout before being paid a disgusting amount of money (oh how I long for a rookie pay scale). And then the rest, as they say, is history.

He was so bad on the field. The truth came out. He was fat, lazy and didn't give a damn about football. He didn't want to put in the work and didn't try or care.

Now he's going to be release ad will fade into obscurity.

He will be talked about for years to come as the biggest bust of all time. He's that bad.

He blew it, that's for sure. But the guy has a ton of talent. I don't think we should go near him because he seems to be the antithesis of what Nix and Gailey want here. But he could probably still be good in this league if he dedicated himself, he just hasn't. I had a field pass one time and saw him up close in college, and it was the single greatest performance in a game I ever saw, from anyone, and I was at the Bills game when OJ ran for 250 yards.

Man, I have never seen so many people get so angry for me just posting this hypothetical question. I said russell is a bust and not good, but look at our current Qbs? They are not good either.

To use a baseball reference, if you could basically sign Russell to a minor league contract, and give him a chance to make the team, what would be the harm? What people would laugh at us? Well I live out of NY state, and here people already laugh at us-

If he continues to suck, you cut him. If you see a small glimmer of hope, you maybe keep him. Thats all I was saying. We basically would have nothing to lose-

Man, I have never seen so many people get so angry for me just posting this hypothetical question. I said russell is a bust and not good, but look at our current Qbs? They are not good either.

To use a baseball reference, if you could basically sign Russell to a minor league contract, and give him a chance to make the team, what would be the harm? What people would laugh at us? Well I live out of NY state, and here people already laugh at us-

If he continues to suck, you cut him. If you see a small glimmer of hope, you maybe keep him. Thats all I was saying. We basically would have nothing to lose-

On paper, you are correct. But you would be hard pressed to find any of the sports writers & commentators who have anything positive to say about Russel. He lacks motivation, he lacks discipline, he had trouble with every aspect of the game and he didn't even have enough self respect to take care of himself physically. It's hard to see much upside in a person with so many negative characteristics.

We're not angry with you. Well.....at least I'm not.

If the Bills could sign him to the practice squad, I'd say go for it. Or if there was such a thing as the NFL minor league. But as it stands all it would do is take away from practice time for a QB who will actually contribute. You mention our QBs aren't good - they aren't - but a guy like Fitzpatrick is on par with a guy like Gradkowski, who replaced Russell last year and actually gave Oakland a semblance of professional QBing. I'm sure someone will be enticed by the name and his stock coming out of college, but the guy doesn't give a damn about applying himself to his profession, and there's no way this FO goes anywhere near him.

Well, he does have Al Davis' endorsement.

Besides all the name calling AD spewed with his overhead projector, he said his biggest fallout with L. Kiffin was over Russell. Al proclaimed Russell will be a superstar in the league!

OK Al, now eat your applesauce..

:)

I said it the other day: SIGN HIM. Why not? He's no worse than the 3 we currently have.

He's a lot worse. 'Nuff said.

exactly. or left tackle

He's too soft. I watched him fall down on purpose when he was about to be hit by a 200lb Safety. For goodness sake he had almost a bill on that guy! He should've tossed that guy to the side like an empty soda can. He's like a big marshmallow.

He's too soft. I watched him fall down on purpose when he was about to be hit by a 200lb Safety. For goodness sake he had almost a bill on that guy! He should've tossed that guy to the side like an empty soda can. He's like a big marshmallow.

I love the marshmallow reference. Well done.

Remember this?...none of that looks so good any more! That whole class of QB's can get flushed. It was my brothers wedding day and I remember having the bar tender running me draft picks. Young, Leinert, Cutler...sucks.

Watch the video, please! It is amazing after the draft to be ab le to see these kinds of highlights...and...now...(I tried looking for a highlight but you cannot recognize what has not been done.)

Interesting to see the higlights. I do notice one thing though. He either runs or throw deep. Not seen intermediate pass or dump. Have him make a baby with Trent and we would have a hall of famer. All that said I would not mind if the bills bring him to camp. Nothing to loose. Didn't our coach make something out of Stewart?