Adalius Thomas

Dan

yup, per Schefter's twitter

Of this I'm sure: Thomas wants two cracks at Pats this year RT @mortreport: Know it's out there but yes, Jets are discussing Adalius Thomas.

It'll be interesting to see if Ryan can bring all of those players together in NY...

yup, per Schefter's twitter

Of this I'm sure: Thomas wants two cracks at Pats this year RT @mortreport: Know it's out there but yes, Jets are discussing Adalius Thomas.

It'll be interesting to see if Ryan can bring all of those players together in NY...

Ah, but then there's this:

YahooSportsNFL: Talked 2 someone w/ Jets. Sounded less optimistic about signing Adalius Thomas than I expected. Doesn't sound like a slam dunk at all.

It has been said that those rumors have cooled off, also I'm curious how close the Jets are to their spending limit since they would be restricted by the final 8 rule.

Final 8 rule is for players that were scheduled to be free agents. Players cut by other teams are fair game.

Pass this guy is for lack of a better word dumb. The Ravens had to dumb down a lot of their schemes when the guy stepped on the field. The Pats* would rather go with a ton of unproven guys at OLB then put him out there. Belicheat knows guys who fit in a 3-4 and if he got rid of him as a starter after one year even if he was better then a lot of their OLB's already on the roster.

The Jets or Cards will likely take a chance on him or as the guy can still play even if he is getting older and has a low football IQ.

Final 8 rule is for players that were scheduled to be free agents. Players cut by other teams are fair game.

You're applying that to the wrong team though, that is to determine the amount the final 8 team has to spend. Meaning a team can't cut a player and have it free up money. Adalius is a free agent now, and he would count against the money the Jets would have to spend.

Pass this guy is for lack of a better word dumb. The Ravens had to dumb down a lot of their schemes when the guy stepped on the field. The Pats* would rather go with a ton of unproven guys at OLB then put him out there. Belicheat knows guys who fit in a 3-4 and if he got rid of him as a starter after one year even if he was better then a lot of their OLB's already on the roster.

The Jets or Cards will likely take a chance on him or as the guy can still play even if he is getting older and has a low football IQ.

It was a couple of years ago but AT was one of the top defenders in the NFL and everyone was raving that the guy could play LB/DL and drop into coverage as a safety and that his athleticism was astouding. A guy who played all over the field couldn't have a low football IQ. Just curious as to where that came from. As an outsider, it seemed him and Belichek were not seeing eye to eye with the final straw being that AT was ten minutes late for a meeting, tardiness that he called in an hour before hand and still had to sit out a game as punishment. We know how these coaches are and I don't think AT liked being used as an example. I saw him speak to reporters after the incident and you can tell that would be it for his time in NE.

I know that his play didn't pan out for NE ( great ) given his contract . I have to say I have no idea as to what he has left in the tank. As I mentioned I am curious as to where this low football IQ came from given the above points.

i just find the story interesting that bill is still being an a-hole: letting players go after free agency and after the draft so they have a less likely chance to be picked up. its just common courtesy to let players go before free agency begins. the guy has no soul :lol:

It was a couple of years ago but AT was one of the top defenders in the NFL and everyone was raving that the guy could play LB/DL and drop into coverage as a safety and that his athleticism was astouding. A guy who played all over the field couldn't have a low football IQ. Just curious as to where that came from. As an outsider, it seemed him and Belichek were not seeing eye to eye with the final straw being that AT was ten minutes late for a meeting, tardiness that he called in an hour before hand and still had to sit out a game as punishment. We know how these coaches are and I don't think AT liked being used as an example. I saw him speak to reporters after the incident and you can tell that would be it for his time in NE.

I know that his play didn't pan out for NE ( great ) given his contract . I have to say I have no idea as to what he has left in the tank. As I mentioned I am curious as to where this low football IQ came from given the above points.

I am with you man, I remember all that crazy stuff he did with the Ravens. Low football IQ on this guy makes no sense.

I'd be absolutely shocked if the Bills' system is too complicated for him. Have you seen who our defensive coordinator is?

Link? Proof?

I agree as you never heard about IQ stuff when he was dominating everyone. I say try him out. He's big and tough. Play the Pats, lets him blitz and say "Kill Bubba Kill" to the guy. Would be real sad if he hurt Tommy boy, wouldn't it. I think the Jets will get him though as they are going for it this year.

i just find the story interesting that bill is still being an a-hole: letting players go after free agency and after the draft so they have a less likely chance to be picked up. its just common courtesy to let players go before free agency begins. the guy has no soul :lol:

Sometimes - but sometimes you have to wait and see what you get in the draft.

It's not as if Thomas will be strapped for cash to fill up his Bentley or whatever, or can't afford an oil change for the obligatory black Cadillac Escalade... :lol:

Before you go acting like you know what u are talking about maybe u should check how long he started haha he started for 2 yrs and he was cut because he he talked back to belichick and didn't treat him like be was the best coach ever

Why would we need AT? We have Maybin, Moats, Ellison and Kelsay!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You answered your own question....Maybin, never played OLB, Kelsay never played OLB, Ellison too small to be OLB in 3-4, Moats more of a down DE than OLB...

AT has played ten years as an OLB and is good for 5-10 sacks in a season and about 60-80 tackles...he is experienced and hates the Pats...BRING HIM IN...he's also a two time probowler...this guy can play...

Bring in Hendersen to...Strouds buddy...and Flozell Adams for one season...while we Develop Wang