Bills NOT interested in Rapelisberger

this is complete bs. were trying to build a winning football team who cares if the guy is a scumbag. most of the nfl players are rich scumbags. if i were buddy i wouldnt of been able to trade my 1st round pick for him quick enough. thats ok we can just draft another bust instead of having a proven qb. F U Buddy

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Excellent news. He would cost way too much, our first rounder at least and maybe more.

And there it is. The dollar amount would have been far too much given his current contract. I wouldn't surrender anything more than a 2nd, but I can say it wasn't Doug Whaley that said no. Because of the money involved, this was a decision made by RW, Overdorf, and Littman.

this is complete bs. were trying to build a winning football team who cares if the guy is a scumbag. most of the nfl players are rich scumbags. if i were buddy i wouldnt of been able to trade my 1st round pick for him quick enough. thats ok we can just draft another bust instead of having a proven qb. F U Buddy

Are we? Are they? I am not so sure all of the time...

And there it is. I wouldn't surrender anything more than a 2nd, but I can say it wasn't Doug Whaley that said no. This was a decision made at the highest level of Grosse Pointe Shores, MI.

And now that you mention it, I'm sure he had serious input on this decision. Maybe he knows more than the media? Who knows?

And there it is. The dollar amount would have been far too much given his current contract. I wouldn't surrender anything more than a 2nd, but I can say it wasn't Doug Whaley that said no. Because of the money involved, this was a decision made by RW, Overdorf, and Littman.

Why are people on this board so concerned with how much a contract is worth? It's not like we write the cheques....

You might want to research this, while the contract is high, apparently, the actual money paid out is low.

a first round pick plus a 2nd or 3rd for a 2 time superbowl champion qb is too much? I'd trade our last 4 1st round pick plus this years for him. You're nuts. Our team has been GARBAGE for 10+ years because we don't have a qb, an you think giving up 2 picks is way too much? Lol, stupidity.

:lol: +1 Couldn't have said it better so funny how the members of this board knows the Bills haven't as much as sniffed the PLAYOFF IN 10 YEARS and there being picky with a proven PRO BOWL SUPER BOWL quaterback my god :unsure:

The 'RW is cheap' rant ? Is there any evidence to back up your claims ? I think it is equally possible that the FO did not want to consider BR at all because of character issues - this discussion would be long before the issue of money is discussed.

I'm not convinced he can carry a team. He's looked average with an average team supporting him. He looked great with a great team supporting him. What would he look like in Buffalo?

Well the Steelers Defense lost a lot of leads last year, their running game was about average, and their offensive line is near as bad as the Bills. Ben threw for 4300 yards last year, while being sacked 50 times.

So Buffalo doesn't quite have the receiving core, he might ONLY throw for 3900 yards. Obviously there is so much wrong with Buffalo, but Ben would be a solid instant fix at the most important spot on the field.

I'm not convinced he can carry a team. He's looked average with an average team supporting him. He looked great with a great team supporting him. What would he look like in Buffalo?

lay on the floor and look up, that is about right.

This to me is the most telling. We have someone with intimate knowledge of the Steelers system who wanted nothing to do with Ben and his baggage.

This is all just pure speculation. Whaley could absolutely love the guy and it still wouldn't matter. He doesn't make the decisions over at OBD.

From a former Steeler teammate, passing on BR is right move.

I've had a front row seat for the past two months on this thing. It is non-stop on TV and radio. As I die-hard Bills fan in Pittsburgh, and having seen Ben play every week for 4 years (since the Steelers are always on in Primetime and the Bills Sunday at 1pm), I can tell you 2 months ago the thought of BR in a Bills uniform would have been a pipedream and pure fantasy.

Mike Logan, a former Steelers defensive back, who now co-hosts the ESPN afternoon drive in the Burgh said something to the effect this afternoon that "Ben's relationship before this incident was questionable with his teammates. The other guys in the locker room will say the right things publicly because they want to win. But Ben's leadership and relationship with most of his teammates was already in question. Now he's going to miss (up to) six games that will cost the team. Some guys on that team have young daughters, and won't be able to put that out of their minds."

Win at all cost proponents will respond "so-what, he's won two Super Bowls"? I would ask, does bringing a guy like that into the locker room help the team or hurt the team. The Bills need talent, no doubt. Ben's talent would help. But they also need some leadership to help develop a winning attitude. Ben hasn't done that in Pittsburgh, but he's been fortunate to have the organization around him with Coaches like Cowher and Tomlin, as well as veterans like Bettis, Ward, Polomalu to take that pressure off his back. Who's going to do that in Buffalo?

For the past week, with the premise of BR becoming a Bill developing into a feasible possibility, and with all that has come out about Ben, I've been asking myself the question repeatedly "If I just got the news that BR was now a Bill, how would I react to that?"

A lot of Steelers fans would be torn if Ben was gone, and as a Bills fan so would I. Obviously, I want a guy with his talent at QB. But on the other hand, unlike some of the whiners and bandwagon jumpers on OBD, the Bills mean a lot more to me than winning football games. If all I cared about was wins and losses, I would have stopped follwoing them before Jim Kelly got there, and I definitely would have spared myself the emotional grief of the past decade and just become an outright Steelers fan. You don't go to the Bills-Steelers game at Heinz Field wearing a red white and blue jersey like my son and I did two years ago knowing the Bills are going to stink the joint out unless you bleed red, white and blue.

That said, if the Bills ended up with BR, I would take the good with the bad. The Bills could drop the pretense of saying they want "character guys", and if they won with Ben, I'd be happy. If Ben's a bust, well the Bills will loase more games, but I couldn't see myself passionately defending them in the future, especially to Steeler fans.

On the other hand, if they pass on Ben, I got no problem with that. The might keep losing, but I could still take some pride wearing my Bills jersey the next time they come to Pittsburgh to play.

The Bills, they're an ugly mutt, but there still MY MUTT!! :unsure:

Just ask yourself this: Why would a marquee franchise like the Steelers be willing to part with a 28 year old two time SB winning QB for a 1st round pick???

That should tell anyone all they need to know! I'm done.

If the Bills ever want to change their image of being a joke and farm team, they need to make decisions exactly like the Steelers who are another small-market team but with a now legendary history of success in the modern era.

Do you guys really want this buffoon as the default leader in your clubhouse full of young, impressionable players? Doug knows him and doesn't want anything to do with him.

I was hoping you'd weigh in here.

End of thread.

I was hoping you'd weigh in here.

End of thread.

If anything, I'm sort of tickled that Buddy apparently has enough respect for him to not succumb to the temptation to enter the sweepstakes. I think that says as much about Mr Nix as it does about young Mr Whaley.

...and you would know that how, exactly???

wild guess

This is all just pure speculation. Whaley could absolutely love the guy and it still wouldn't matter. He doesn't make the decisions over at OBD.

There's a team of decision makers in Pittsburgh who don't want him. They know what they have in him and are passing.

If anything, I'm sort of tickled that Buddy apparently has enough respect for him to not succumb to the temptation to enter the sweepstakes. I think that says as much about Mr Nix as it does about young Mr Whaley.

wild guess

I'm with you here.

Although, I do believe that it's a question of maturity, over anything. If Whaley or Nix believe that Ben is NOT mature enough, then it's a wash, and they make the right decision (as are the Steelers for trying to trade him).

Additionally, in regards to your comment on Ben being the leader of the impressionable youth on our team, I agree with you there as well. However, what if we already DID have a passionate veteran leader on our team, a-la Ray Lewis? Then BR would only play his role as a QB, and not as a team leader. Granted...being a QB somewhat forces you to be a leader...at least on the offensive side of the ball...

Moot point really.

There's a team of decision makers in Pittsburgh who don't want him. They know what they have in him and are passing.

+1

Additionally, in regards to your comment on Ben being the leader of the impressionable youth on our team, I agree with you there as well. However, what if we already DID have a passionate veteran leader on our team, a-la Ray Lewis? Then BR would only play his role as a QB, and not as a team leader. Granted...being a QB somewhat forces you to be a leader...at least on the offensive side of the ball...

Moot point really.

+1

Agreed it's moot but it's a fun hypothetical.

I think you'd need more entrenched leadership than one guy, with some of it being on the offensive side of the ball, as well as within the coaching staff. Like Pittsburgh.

90 days ago, What would you give up for Big Ben? How much would you pay?

NOTHING HAS CHANGED WITH HIS ABILITY TO PLAY FOOTBALL.

I don't wear a Thurman Thomas jersey because he was a raving alcoholic.

Jim Kelly was not prince charming and any living in Buffalo at the time probably knows a young lady or friends of a young lady that had an encounter with him. Its unspoken, public knowledge.

Bruce Smith collects DUIs like you all collect his football cards.

Big Ben banged a drunk sorority girl in the bathroom, the drunk sorority girl had a name tag that said "DTF" and said that it stood for "Down to F"

I guarantee a considerable percentage of posters has banged a drunk sorority girl.

Now as a multimillion dollar face of franchise should you be doing this, definitely not.

The Bills franchise can't attract any talent in the free agent market.

Lets not get all high and mighty, The Bills would be lucky to get a crack at Big Ben.

You think Jimmy Clausen will be on the field for the first 6 game? (If you answered yes. you are an idiot.)

If we traded Trent Edwards, Fitzpatrick and 2010.1.09. It would be a steal.

And you don't think Big Ben would be motivated to turn his life and around and the franchise of the Buffalo Bills if we stood behind him? Revive this franchise that has been on life support since the Music City Forward Lateral?

Kobe Bryant forced a woman to have anal sex with him against her will. He bought his wife a giant rock, and a few years later he is back to making money on endorsement.

Banging this sorority chic will pass and if we are lucky enough to land Big Ben super cheap it would be a godsend.

If we don't make the move it will most likely be another 10 years of mediocrity.

Banging this sorority chic will pass and if we are lucky enough to land Big Ben super cheap it would be a godsend.

If we don't make the move it will most likely be another 10 years of mediocrity.

I think we're overselling him a bit here. Passing on Ben being a sentence to 10 years of mediocrity? The Steelers feel differently.

Kobe Bryant forced a woman to have anal sex with him against her will. He bought his wife a giant rock, and a few years later he is back to making money on endorsement.

well she-it newcombo, that's good enough for me, only thing that matters here is the end result

Godsend...epic choice of words you mental midget...