Marshall going to Miami

dailar

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You may not care about his "issues" but I guarantee that the Dolphins will if he screws up one more time and gets hit with that year-long suspension.

And then Miami will do what good teams do and go out and find his replacement instead of treading water, like some other AFC East team. And, if Miami wins the Superbowl this year.....mission accomplished. If you want to win, sometimes you just gotta take chances. And not the chance like hoping to find your franchise QB in the third rd of the draft.

The Bills franchise just keeps laying in limbo, waiting for that blue chipper in the draft. 10 years, and haven't seen one yet.

But, but you don't understand. The bills are being cap smart and building through the draft

We've been cap smart for the past 10+ years and rebuilding just as long. Enough is enough. Time to actually make moves that will get this team in the playoffs.

dude- the bills got RODNEY FRIGGIN FERGUSON! what more do u want?

Robert Ferguson from the Packers? He's pretty good, that's a good move for this tea..................oops, RODNEY Ferguson. Didn't have my glasses on. By the way, who the !@#$ is Rodney Ferguson?

Grow up dude. Ray Lewis was involved in a murder, not the shooter, but his boys were and he was there. Give me a break with this crap. There are so many criminals in the NFL it's not funny. Do yourself a favor and just look up how many NFL players have smacked around their old ladies. You will be shocked. These guys are no different than the people living next door to you or in the slums. They just have a crapload more money and that is it. I guess you don't mind all these players walking around with guns then either. Tell me why that's okay? They don't have them for show and there usually loaded. Answer that one Mr. outstanding citizen.

And for the record, I have never laid a hand on a female. I choose to have to deal with it because it's part of life. Always has been and always will be. I can't change the world, I do have to live in it though.

You're the one who needs to grow up. Rationalizing this scum's repeated violent behavior against women by listing other criminal behavior by NFL players is stupid and immature.

I am amazed that this guy's past has been so white washed to the point where no one in the media even brings these incidents up other than saying something like he has a "troubled" past. He really belongs in jail with a rap sheet as long as he has.

no, it's not, so don't go around saying that it is until you can prove it.

I seriously think some people have too much time on their hands. Sorry for reporting this story, I mean........ rumour! No wonder people dont bother posting on here with the forum police on parole. :ph34r:

You're the one who needs to grow up. Rationalizing this scum's repeated violent behavior against women by listing other criminal behavior by NFL players is stupid and immature.

I am amazed that this guy's past has been so white washed to the point where no one in the media even brings these incidents up other than saying something like he has a "troubled" past. He really belongs in jail with a rap sheet as long as he has.

Not rationalizing dude, proving a freaking point. And many of the other players criminal behavior is women abuse. Why just single one guy out. And do you have facts that he was charged with all these accusations you seem to know about? If he were as bad as you say, I guarantee he would be disciplined. Get over it, it happens, always will. I don't condone it, but I can't control it. Nothing to get so hyped up over like you are. Write a letter to Goodell if you feel so strongly. I'm just saying, if they start kicking all the scumbags out of the league, there might be enough players for 20 teams left. Don't know why you have such a hard on for this one guy, when so many other professional athletes do exactly the same thing.

I mean look at Tiger Woods. Did he abuse his woman, not physically, but he did one hell of a number on her mentally. He got applauded when he walked on the the first tee at the Masters. That is how this country works. How long have you been living here?

dude- the bills got RODNEY FRIGGIN FERGUSON! what more do u want?

Actually they got Andra Davis and Dwan Edwards-two good 3-4 players who are not locker room cancers, who they didn't have to give up any draft picks for, who have never been suspended, and who weren't made the NFL's highest paid players at their respective positions.

Maybe it's just me, but I'm getting a little worried that pretty much every team in our division is making plays and also landing big name players this offseason while we sign "depth" guys and players that have no NFL stats (Ferguson) Nix and Chan better have big plans for this draft because I dont know how you can sit on your hands when teams you face twice a year in your own division are landing big name players

So in a nutshell, other AFC East teams are making moves that should improve their teams. The Bills are doing nothing. Ok.

Not to worry. You can always open up TBD and see the Bills have signed Rodney Ferguson.

So in a nutshell, other AFC East teams are making moves that should improve their teams. The Bills are doing nothing. Ok.

Don't worry, someone will soon tell you to calm down because either: (a) the Bills know what they are doing, despite the results of the past 10 years, or (b) Marshall isn't that good anyway, despite what he has done the past few years.

NE - Tom Brady, Wes Welker, Randy Moss

NYJ - Dirty Sanchez, Braylon Edwards, SanAntonio Holmes

Miami - Chad Henne, Brandon Marshall, Ted Ginn (eh)

Buffalo - _____, a fading Lee Evans, _____.

Looks about par for the course to me.

You know what scares me even more.. the ever so dangerous Chad Henne will be throwing to him!!! We are screwed........ {sigh} :ph34r::( --- This is a bills like move.... Putting the horse before the cart!!@@!!

I think you are being sarcastic, in regards to Henne... I think he looked pretty decent last year, all things considered.

The Bills may be improving (so many here insist they are), but unless something drastic happens, I think they have fourth place in the AFC East clinched...

I'm not a "sour grapes" guy and I'm concerned (actually, convinced) that the Bills will continue to suck until Ralph croaks.

That said, this trade sucks for the Dolphins. Marshall is a decent young player, but his yards per catch are actually pretty low and far from elite (7.9 if I recall correctly, or maybe I'm thinking of yards per attempt). His metrics don't justify the hype. And I agree that even without a salary cap, second round picks are key.

It'll be interesting watching Pennington destroy what is left of his shoulder trying to get the ball to Marshall. I hope that plan on running a lot of quick slants.

Despite the wailing and gnashing of teeth here on OBD, how many times do you have to see this to realize that big name trades rarely yield positive long term results. Washington is a freaking case study in this.

I must say, I am not impressed with Nix so far. OK so I know we may not be the most attractive team for players but he should still try to make a play for some even if they say no.

At least then we know he tried. Whats the harm in trying? To save embarassment? Hate to break it to him but we are already considered that by many analysts

Seriously folks, the Bills are in the dead center of a MAJOR rebuild so anything going on this season should just roll off your backs. Let's start talking demise again when 2011 starts. New lines are going to be built and then we can trash the Bills about not giving up draft picks for skill positions.

Don't forget, the Bills still need to find someone who can throw the ball to someone like Marshall.

Not rationalizing dude, proving a freaking point. And many of the other players criminal behavior is women abuse. Why just single one guy out. And do you have facts that he was charged with all these accusations you seem to know about? If he were as bad as you say, I guarantee he would be disciplined. Get over it, it happens, always will. I don't condone it, but I can't control it. Nothing to get so hyped up over like you are. Write a letter to Goodell if you feel so strongly. I'm just saying, if they start kicking all the scumbags out of the league, there might be enough players for 20 teams left. Don't know why you have such a hard on for this one guy, when so many other professional athletes do exactly the same thing.

I mean look at Tiger Woods. Did he abuse his woman, not physically, but he did one hell of a number on her mentally. He got applauded when he walked on the the first tee at the Masters. That is how this country works. How long have you been living here?

Would you say that if Marshall beat the s**t out of your sister?

Please go ahead and list all the players currently in the NFL who have been charged with beating up a women. That have had the police called to their house 11 times in the past 4 years. You will find that your thought process of it happening "all the time" is warped to say the least. Maybe you're too young to remember OJ Simpson. Former Buffalo Bill who murdered and nearly cut the head off his women and the man she had the nerve to be attracted to. He had a history of the police coming over his house on a domestic disturbance call. If you're too young and don't remember this than I'm sorry for my going off on you like this.

You seriously didn't just compare Tiger's mental abuse against women to Marshall's violence against women? I'm not a Tiger fan and those people that were clapping only proved that there are a ton of idiots living here.

I'm here to cut down the idiots in this thread like yourself who are aghast that the Bills didn't go after a scumbag "dude" like Marshall. But I guess it's the stupid MTV world we are all living in where a guy like Owens (who to my knowledge has never hit a women) is given much worse press than a true thug like Marshall.

I'm disappointed that the Bills didn't make an attempt at Marshall. IMO, I would rather have Marshall than Evans.

The Bills are not going to make the playoffs this year. Nix plans to build through the draft, so the process will take 2-3 years (at least). If Nix hits on most of his draft picks, then the Bills will have a successful team for years to come. Yes, it does suck to go through rebuilding...again, but I'd rather see the Bills rebuilt the right way this time around. Nix is much better than any of the clowns that ran this team over the last decade.

let's look at the Bills lack of moves from a different perspective:

when you have a leaky roof, how should you spend your money -- to fix the roof or buy a new car?

if your furnace is broken, do you replace it with a new one or spend your money on a new flat-screen TV?

if your foundation is crumbling, do you reinforce it or go on a trip to Vegas?

all of the moves everyone is referring to are the type you can afford to make because the rest of the team is not broken. when your team does not have a QB, has problems on the OLine and has trouble rushing the passer and stopping the run, how does it make sense to use your assets on a WR?

I'm disappointed that the Bills didn't make an attempt at Marshall. IMO, I would rather have Marshall than Evans.

The Bills are not going to make the playoffs this year. Nix plans to build through the draft, so the process will take 2-3 years (at least). If Nix hits on most of his draft picks, then the Bills will have a successful team for years to come. Yes, it does suck to go through rebuilding...again, but I'd rather see the Bills rebuilt the right way this time around. Nix is much better than any of the clowns that ran this team over the last decade.

Do you have any meaningless stats to back that up? I don't hate Buddy Nix, but it takes a lot more than a bunch of funny quotes to build a successful NFL team. What has Buddy done so far, that makes you think he is any better than what we have had for the last decade? Saying the right things, and doing the right things are two different things.

To those trying to minimize Brandon Marshalls' talent, you really are in denial. He may be one of the two or three best receivers in the game right now. If he can get his act together off the field, two second round picks for him, is a steal.

To those trying to minimize Brandon Marshalls' talent, you really are in denial. He may be one of the two or three best receivers in the game right now. If he can get his act together off the field, two second round picks for him, is a steal.

But that's not right. Check his metrics (I don't have them at hand right now, I apologize). I was surprised to learn recently that his numbers (especially YAC) were much lower than what I'd consider to be elite. He's a reception-machine, but I'm not sure he's a game-breaker.

EDIT: here is the article (I was wrong, it's YPA)

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/insider/news/story?id=5046443

Here is the key info:

Next up is Denver Broncos WR Brandon Marshall. Let's start by noting that Marshall is not an elite player on a per-pass basis. His 7.6 overall YPA last season ranked 49th among wideouts and his 9.5 vertical pass YPA ranked 55th. These totals are not anomalies in his career (he ranked 48th in overall YPA in 2008) and indicate he isn't close to the Andre Johnson/Reggie Wayne category.

Having said that, Marshall is an elite wideout in one area: endurance. For proof, consider that his 332 targets over the past two seasons is tops in the NFL, and he did that despite not playing in two contests. He is that rare type of wide receiver who can handle being thrown the ball around 10 times per game on a consistent week-to-week basis.

Brandon Marshall is an absolute stud wide receiver.....only wes walker has more receptions in the last 3 years. Marshall catches anything near him and made even Jay Cutler look good. the only surprise is the Tuna paying top dollar for a WR, he usually has no time for those "she" positions.

from a salary cap point of view Marshall should get close to $10mil/yr.....each of those two second round picks will get less than $1mil/yr, which leaves room for one or two free agents. i absolutely love second round picks for their "value" (salary/talent). i would rather have 10 second round picks at $1mil/yr each than one superstar player at $10mil/yr.

i give the edge in this deal to denver......and wish Marshall went to a different division.

In a little more than a year, with a pair of blockbuster trades, Denver has recouped two first-round picks, two second-round picks, a third-round pick and quarterback Kyle Orton in exchange for Jay Cutler and Marshall.

The level of reasoning here isn't compelling. You're suggesting that the person you're responding to is either a) comparing Marshall to Tiger Woods or b) thinks the two are equally guilty (which they're not). He said neither. Secondly, while you are right that the league has a disproportionately large number of miscreants, that doesn't give you license to argue that all judgment of NFL player behavior should therefore be dispensed with or allow you to argue that because, say, 30 percent of the league's players have problems with the law, passing judgment on any one of them is not "real world". The implication is that winning is the only thing that matters. This seems to be what you are arguing, in fact.

If you're willing to both accept violent criminals playing for the team you root for and explain it away simply because you really, really want the team you follow to be a winner, it might be a good idea to either step back a bit and place your fandom in a broader perspective. Or you could shift your attention to other sports like baseball, which features fewer criminals on average.

That said, one of the implications inherent in your argument is correct -- football is a violent sport, and it attracts violent people. Expecting those people to act entirely differently in private life is naive because it expects too much of them.

Two second rounders for Brandon Marshall is a robbery. The Bronco's should be jailed for that. As a Bills fan I love this trade. Marshall will be suspended for a year by the beginning of this year or next year, IMO.

I think the Jests and Poorpisses attraction to receivers probably has something to do with Buffalo's secondary.

Sure, the Bills are the team to beat in the AFC East. :lol:

Or that they, unlike the Bills, are committed to putting a winning product on the field. :wallbash:

Its a done deal. A second this year and another pick next.

Not saying I wanted Marshall in Buffalo, but every other day it seems that one of the AFC East teams makes a big move to get better, while all we do is sign practice squad players that nobody else wants on their roster and will probably never amount to anything. Every time one of these other East teams makes a move like this, it just buries us further into last place, and not by any small margin either. They even mentioned something to that effect on Mike & Mike this morning, that the Bills are obviously the only team in the division not even trying to get better. That the organization is trying to convince themselves that Brian Brohm is a realistic option at QB, when the whole world knows he isn't. We are going to be real contenders for the first overall pick in 2011, but then again maybe that is the whole goal for the Buffalo Bills and this new regime in 2010. Doesn't make it much fun for the best fanbase in the NFL though.

Do you have any meaningless stats to back that up? I don't hate Buddy Nix, but it takes a lot more than a bunch of funny quotes to build a successful NFL team. What has Buddy done so far, that makes you think he is any better than what we have had for the last decade? Saying the right things, and doing the right things are two different things.

I think this article sums up what Nix has accomplished.

http://www.realfootball365.com/articles/bills/14820

I'm not thrilled either about Marshall going to the fins, I would rather have Marshall than Evans, I was hoping the Bills could have traded Evans for Marshall. But there's no way the Bills could afford two 2nd rounders when they have so many holes on this team to fill.