Bills looking for second rounder for Lynch

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think we should trade Lynch just for the sake of making a trade, or acquiring an additional pick. They guy is young, talented, productive, and under contract for 3 more years. He and Jackson make a good tandem, whoever the starter is, and we don't need to create additional holes on this roster. Just my opinion, but this is one move I don't think has to or should be made.

Now we're talking sense - I wouldn't even have to think, I'd do this now.

I love Marshawn, but this is a move we NEED to make. We don't need two potential 1,500 yard backs on the roster, we DO need another quality, young player.

We have way too many holes to fill, and in a deep draft that second rounder could be gold!

If Buffalo can snag a second rounder for him it will be robbery for them. If they wanted they could take CJ Spiller in the first round and worry about LT and NT in the second round. JMO

All that and we still wouldn't have a QB

" ...the Bills said Buffalo would be open to moving him if a package included a second-round pick. "

Package..

Well, it's no E. Dickerson to the Colts, 1st RD. picks all around and Biscuit to B'LO, but it could be close..

Bills have added muscle to the backfield so 'the fryer's' on.

this would be awful. his crimes are nothing compared to those of others around the league. i mean smoking pot with a gun in the car is dumb, but not as bad as raping underage girls in the club.(yet i'd be thrilled if we got Big Ben). Lynch is a true BEAST, OJ had a bad years, then became the best player in our history not from the 90s. Jackson had a good year last year, but i think after a year of film of him defenses will be able to stop him. I'm really not comfortable with walter mandenhall and rodney fergurson on our practice team, let alone in uniform.

Yeah if Seattle or another team wanted to give up a second round pick for him either this or next year I say take it. If we can get a 2nd in any capacity take it. Lynch isn't going to be the guy to get us over the top next year or down the line. But the asset that a second this season or next could be might find a piece that could be there when we get to where we want to be.

So yeah only if we can get a 2nd no less because we can't give away Lynch.

This is great value: Use a first round pick in 2007 on the easiest position to find a starter and transform it into a 2nd rounder in 2010. It's bad decisions which domino like this that prevent a team from ever becoming a playoff team.

Sure, getting a late 2nd would be great, but it's no consolation and forces the team to find non-scrub UDFA RB's for September.

I love Marshawn, but this is a move we NEED to make. We don't need two potential 1,500 yard backs on the roster, we DO need another quality, young player.

We have way too many holes to fill, and in a deep draft that second rounder could be gold!

Now here is a poster that knows what he speaks on. And I completely agree with you, not only is Lynch expendable, he is the one that has some asset value for return. Move him, and move him immediately.

Also, you are correct, many posters I noticed do not even remotely acknowledge the holes that are on this team. Its a total rebuild whether people like to admit that or not, you happen to be one of only a handful of posters that is calling a spade a spade, my hats off to and I completely agree with you.

I was around for the build out of the late 80's, this move is necessary for a similiar situation to occur.

I don't know that any team would be dumb enough to give up a 2nd rounder for Lynch. If there was one team dumb enough to do it, it would make sense that it'd be a Pete Carroll led team. This guy is destined to flame out of the NFL for a second time. At #60 overall (Seahawks 2nd round pick) we could get a quality player, and like others have said......Lynch's production is easily replacable.

Why do you "love" Marshawn?

I don't think we should trade Lynch just for the sake of making a trade, or acquiring an additional pick. They guy is young, talented, productive, and under contract for 3 more years. He and Jackson make a good tandem, whoever the starter is, and we don't need to create additional holes on this roster. Just my opinion, but this is one move I don't think has to or should be made.

+1 why trade a proven pro-bowler who had one less than spectacular year for an unproven rookie. thats not filling a hole, thats buying a lottery ticket. and for those of you who claim we have an abundance of talent at RB, Jackson is 29 and thats past most RBs' primes. its most likely downhill from here.

uticaclub had a good point too. we live a pretty sheltered life if we consider smoking a few joints gangster. maybe we're too quick to jump to conclusions about a kid from oakland