Bills looking for second rounder for Lynch

Seriously. Besides hitting the pedestrian, the stuff he does isn't as bad as Big Ben. But the fact that he keeps getting caught doing stupid things that are illegal is trouble. One more screw up, and we lose him for a season. What is the point of keeping him when we risk losing him for a whole season? seems better to get something for him. Less risk, at least.

But he is a super talented player, and if he didn't have 2 strikes against him, I would keep him.

Oh , you mean like Rothlesberger who is raping people left and right .........How many more screw ups he will get before we crazy that we have a Rapist on a NFL team . Rothelesberger has two rape strikes against him are you worried that he will be gone too.........I didn't think so..

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh , you mean like Rothlesberger who is raping people left and right .........How many more screw ups he will get before we crazy that we have a Rapist on a NFL team . Rothelesberger has two rape strikes against him are you worried that he will be gone too.........I didn't think so..

First off, one was "rape" and the other was "sexual assault." Plus neither one he faced charges. And then there is Big Ben being a SB QB, so he will probably get special treatment. But Ben could face suspension if things like this keep happening. no question about it. If he was actually charged for the crimes, he would have been suspended very quickly. It isn't like lynch who admitted guilt and and found guilty of his crimes.

FACT: if lynch breaks the law one more time, he will be suspended for an entire season. Lynch has already been suspended for four games last season, with his appeal getting thrown out. What makes you think Goodwell wouldn't suspend him a whole season if he gets caught smoking weed or carrying a loaded gun? Don't be naive...

First off, one was "rape" and the other was "sexual assault." Plus neither one he faced charges. And then there is Big Ben being a SB QB.

FACT: if lynch breaks the law one more time, he will be suspended for an entire season. Lynch has already been suspended for four games last season, with his appeal getting thrown out. What makes you think Goodwell wouldn't suspend him a whole season if he gets caught smoking weed or carrying a loaded gun? Don't be naive...

He's not naive, he's assuming you're a racist because you don't agree with him. Not sure why others haven't picked up on this clown's motives yet...

Why is it some people use one moron's stupid acts as justification for another dumbanus? Who cares who else did what, use common sense. ML has done ridiculously stupid things, be honest with yourself. Lynch won't be a Bill next year, does it matter? Probably not.

Very good question. Big Ben is irrelevant. So is Michael Vick. So is Santonio Holmes. This thread, and the focus of the Buffalo Bills is Marshawn Lynch.

Even through his first two seasons, I was not impressed with Marshawn. He always played slower than his 40 time and he exhibited a lack of vision and/or instincts and/or an understanding of blocking schemes. I found it frustrating to watch holes open and close before Lynch committed himself to a running lane. You can say two-time Pro Bowler all you want. IMO, he's not one of the top 20 backs in the NFL.

Fred Jackson and Marshawn were rookies the same year. In every year of their careers, Fred Jackson's yards per carry and yards per reception have been higher than Marshawn Lynch's, except in 2007 when Lynch had a higher yards per reception.

In other words, Freddie has outperformed Marshawn statistically in 5 out of 6 comparison opportunities.

I respect that Lynch plays hard when he plays. I believe that his style of play, like Marion Barber's, will result in a short career with steady decline.

I feel that Marshawn is overrated by many people on this board.

In addition, Marshawn is inarguably a suspension risk (two strikes), a bad teammate (putting his personal agenda ahead of the team), an ineffective platoon back, a bad professional (coming in last year out of shape and overweight), and to top it all off, doesn't want to be here according to Mark Gaughan's conversations with people in the Bills locker room.

On top of that, running back is a position that is one of the easiest to unearth talent for.

In a myopic sense, sending Lynch (a former 1st rounder) away for a lower draft pick would be to concede a mistake. But better to cut our losses now.

I am and have been totally in favor of moving Lynch. It would be major addition by subtraction.

I doubt that the Bills will get a 2nd rounder for him. That is the asking price. The sale price will likely be lower. If we can't move him we might be stuck with him and that, ironically, might be a silver lining for both player and team. Maybe Marshawn will wake up, play hard in the last year of his contract, give the Bills a solid season, and resurrect his career.

But if the Bills were offered a 2nd rounder for him and I was the GM, I'd pay for his plane ticket out of town.

edit: Lynch signed a 6 year deal. He has 3 years left.

As long as they stick to a '2nd' or bust then I think the move is a necessary one. Lynch obviously does not want to be here.

His extracurricular activities aren't what bothers me the most (I'm not excusing them). He talked a lot about he wanted to get back to playing football last season. He was 'motivated'. Somehow, he wasn't motivated enough to win back the starting job from a guy with less talent. His answer to a challenge was 'get the hell out of town'.

This is an entirely new staff. He could have come in and likely won the starting job back. He's decided that he's rather go to another team.

The Peters syndrome is not something the Bills need to deal with at this point. They may as well draft players with a better work ethic. If a team is willing to give a second, snatch it and let another team deal with him. Then immediately write down "DO NOT DRAFT RUNNING BACKS IN THE FIRST ROUND".

I think its a good move. We got three RB's in addition to Lynch now. Trade Lynch for a second. Then trade our first pick in the second round for Gaither. The number of picks we will have remain the same + we will also have a proven LT.

I think its a good move. We got three RB's in addition to Lynch now. Trade Lynch for a second. Then trade our first pick in the second round for Gaither. The number of picks we will have remain the same + we will also have a proven LT.

Don't kid yourself. The Ravens aren't actually shopping Gaither. They want to keep him.

Bills looking for second rounder for Lynch

I'm looking for a rich gorgeous movie star mistress who will lavish me with huge amounts of money and connubial bliss and be available whenever I want her and disappear whenever I don't, and she also shouldn't be needy or a drama queen.

Doubt that the Bills and I get what we're looking for.

I'm looking for a rich gorgeous movie star mistress who will lavish me with huge amounts of money and connubial bliss and be available whenever I want her and disappear whenever I don't, and she also shouldn't be needy or a drama queen.

Doubt that the Bills and I get what we're looking for.

Firgive my ignorance (and the ignorance of all those that are afraid to ask) but what is connubial bliss

This is great value: Use a first round pick in 2007 on the easiest position to find a starter and transform it into a 2nd rounder in 2010. It's bad decisions which domino like this that prevent a team from ever becoming a playoff team.

Sure, getting a late 2nd would be great, but it's no consolation and forces the team to find non-scrub UDFA RB's for September.

You are correct that the Lynch draft pick was a bad deal which had subsequent negative affects. So did letting Peters go and so did taking Whitner with a high first pick when Ngata was on the board. How about taking Maybin when OT Ohrer was ready to be plucked or some of the more highly rated and productive LBs from USC could have been had?

The very damaging short term of Levy left the team in a state of chaos and the repurcussions are still being felt. The franchise was spiraling downward at a rapid rate with some of their very peculiar moves. The past is the past. It is now time for this front office to make smart decisions and not make desperate short term marketing decisions (TO signing) to pacify the restless fan base.

It is going to be years before the Bills get out of the cellar in its own division. The only solution is for Nix to string together some solid drafts and make smart free agent decisions. I'm willing to be patient as long as the organization moves in the right direction. If the Bills can't be serious contenders in the near future just maybe they will be more entertaining.

I can't believe we are going to get a second for Lynch. I think Lynch can be a very good back, and that he could contribute greatly this season. I'm not sure the existing coaching staff is going to get much out of him though and if they can get a second round I say go for it. Don't be surprised if he is very successful whereever he goes though.