Lee Evans is ranked at #56 amongst WR's

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

http://profootballfocus.com/by_position.ph...&numgames=1

So, what are the excuses for Lee going to be? No QB, No line, No Coach, No Shoes, No Glasses....

I don't know (or care) exactly how this ranking was put together, but it has Josh Reed ranked ahead of Lee Evans. Now, Evans may not be the "top 10" receiver that many here perceive him to be...but I guarantee you, any NFL personnel guy, given the choice of adding Lee Evans to their roster, or Josh Reed, would pick Lee Evans. And I like Josh Reed... some of the guys ranked ahead of Evans, have been in the league for a year... Robert Meachem was this close to being dumped by the Saints last season, considered a bust, until a late season opportunity to shine, because of injuries, on a legit offense, with a legit starting NFL QB...this ranking is useless...but thanks for the info! :doh:

So, what are the excuses for Lee going to be? No QB, No line, No Coach, No Shoes, No Glasses....

This is the dumbest argument for the anti-Lee crowd ever. Until you people cite the specific instances in which Lee has failed to capitalize on opportunities to make plays, WHEN GIVEN THE CHANCE, your argument is moot. Evans does not drop the ball, runs precise routes that are called, and most importantly, he DOES NOT THROW TO HIMSELF!! :doh: You can have three of the most talented WRs lining up, but if you don't have anyone who can get them the ball, they will all look pedestrian. Trent Edwards: "There were plays out there to be made, but we just didn't make them for one reason or another." Lee Evans: "We had some missed opportunities certainly."

Wow dude, you just looked at this and assumed he's "ranked" @ 56...how about you sort the list by # of snaps they were on the field, take all those who came close (>900) and looks like he's "ranked" 8th...YOU FAIL!! :doh:

Lee Evans on Indy with Peyton throwing him the ball would be Marvin Harrison with speed and youth. Guy really would be a top 5 receiever if he was in a real offense with a real QB.

Lee Evans on Indy would have to learn to run more routes and go over the middle.

One website's opinion. Not the final word on anyone or anything. Evans has always played with poor players around him, that's not his fault.

Talent wise, he's a top-10 WR.

There was an article on espn.com a while back, over a year ago, that said "Lee Evans won't make the Hall of Fame, but he has that kind of talent".

Evans is a great WR.

figures lie...and liars figure......all interesting stuff.....but any WR rankings that doesn't have Larry Fitzgerald and Andre Johnson as the top two WR's is a flawed system of analysis.

i wonder if having the 25th & 26th ranked QB's (ranked by that same outfit) throwing has an effect on the WR's rankings....lol

The excuses reign...

I just posted this to see how many people would make excuses for Evans, because there are a lot of them out there. Now, is Evans really the #56 ranked receiver? Hell no, we all know he is better than that. The Bills have been a dysfunctional mess for most of the decade, which is any reason for any player on this team to be an underacheiver, regardless of their position. IMO, Evans is one of the best #2 WR's in the league, but as a #1 WR, he's not in the top 20. Evans lacks the size to outleap and outmuscle DB's and is unable to shake the double-teams. Evans needs a big physical WR to compliment him, hopefully Stevie Johnson or James Hardy can be that guy. Maybe with having an offensive minded coach (Gailey), he can put Evans & Parrish is better positions to succeed.

OMG, the crap needs to stop with Lee Evans. He is not a horrible WR but he is realistically a #2 on any good team. He is a one trick pony. Cant go over the middle, hes too small, not physical at all. He is not a complete package at WR. Get over it, hes just not that good. Nor is he as bad as #56, or behind Josh Reed.

For what its worth, Lee is one of my favorite Bills. Ive met him multiple times, hes a real class act. But we have to realize what he is and what he isnt. Hes not a complete receiver, but he is pretty good. Thats it though.

This is one of the most unbelievable arguments yet ... is this anti-Lee crowd the same ones that bashed Jim Kelly?

And, love the idea ... can't use the quarterback or offensive scheme as a reason for the ranking.

Well ... if you have a quarterback or in our case quarterbacks ... that won't throw down field to a receiver with Evans' skill set then guess what ... Evans is going to look like he ranks in the lower half of the league. If you have a coach who believes in going for limited yardage rather than taking chances then your big play wide out is not boing to rank very high.

But, if you are even a casual observer of the NFL you will see that Evans should be getting the ball ... television commentators, out of town media, and I am sure those with even a limited degree of intelligence know we have one of the best receivers in the league but we just haven't used him. That isn't his fault and doesn't diminish his talent.

I really think that somehow this board has attracted Jets/Dolphins' fans who just love to attack our BILLS!

GO BILLS!!! This year may be that break out year Evans is waiting for ... we just have to throw him the ball!

OMG, the crap needs to stop with Lee Evans. He is not a horrible WR but he is realistically a #2 on any good team. He is a one trick pony. Cant go over the middle, hes too small, not physical at all. He is not a complete package at WR. Get over it, hes just not that good. Nor is he as bad as #56, or behind Josh Reed.

For what its worth, Lee is one of my favorite Bills. Ive met him multiple times, hes a real class act. But we have to realize what he is and what he isnt. Hes not a complete receiver, but he is pretty good. Thats it though.

I agree 100%