Bills like Troy QB Levi Brown

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, that's John....this guy was the son of a congressman from Ohio and he acted in a stephen king flick a while back....

no that was Clarence the congressman, and his son Clarence (Clancy) the actor/voice in the Shawshank Redemption. I believe Levi Brown was actually a woman who masqueraded as a man while serving in the British Royal Navy from 1804-1816.

no that was Clarence the congressman, and his son Clarence (Clancy) the actor/voice in the Shawshank Redemption. I believe Levi Brown was actually a woman who masqueraded as a man while serving in the British Royal Navy from 1804-1816.

Maybe, but between Napolean and that damn colony across the sea I can't quite remember about those girl sailors. I thought Levi Brown was on Ot from Penn State who went in the top 10 a few years back?

He seems to have good size/intangibles. I think the knock on him is that Troy plays in a spread-offense. I think he would be a great prospect to work with for a couple of years before becoming a starter. Mike Kafka of Northwestern is another one

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dspro...0&genpos=qb

Who exactly are you talking about? Can someone please elaborate? I tend to confuse easily...

Who exactly are you talking about? Can someone please elaborate? I tend to con -wait....

No that's Charlie. I thought Levi was the F-up brother that married Whitney Houston.

Don't mess with Superman's cape; don't spit into the wind. don't pull the mask off the old lone ranger and don't mess around with Jim

Levi looks like a jigsaw puzzle with a couple of pieces gone.

Someone on the board really likes him. I think that they have him as their avatar.

<--------- Booyah!!!

That would be me sir. The kid reminds me a little of Kelly. Mentally and physically tough and can chuck the ball all over the damn place. And best of all, HE'S NOT FROM CALIFORNIA!!!!

No that was William Brown. Levi Brown is actually a retired basketball player who could dunk with a blindfold.

Adam Caplan of Scout.com just reponded to my question on twitter.

I asked him if the Bills would be better off taking Clausen in Rd. 1 or taking a LT early and then taking a QB in the mid rounds like Skelton.

He responded.

caplannfl I'd wait on QB, they also like Levi Brown. RT @JoshMac28: @caplannfl Would Buffalo be better off taking Clausen or grabbing Skelton?

Hello? Clausen is so much better. This guy Brown is no better than anything on the current roster. If that's the direction they want to go we will see a whole lotta Edwards next year again. :flirt: Skip him and draft another big body.

Wasn't Levi Brown the girl that sued in Brown v Board in 1954?

No, Levi Brown is one of the best running backs to ever play the game. He would have been the best but he retired early in his career.

Levi is from Mt. Juliet TN, outside nashville....it's where I live now!

for what it's worth he has a lot of upside and intangibles....he might be worth a shot in the 4th or 5th...the Titans are looking closely at him too...

hey, mt. juliet? me, too. i'm a bit of a long-time lurker here. i live in providence, you?

No, that was George. Levi Brown invented the Electric Chair

No George Brown was the Stepfather of Soul. Levi Brown was the black guy from American Dad that got his own spin off show in Cleveland. Maybe you've seen it, I think it's called the Tuscon Show

No George Brown was the Stepfather of Soul. Levi Brown was the black guy from American Dad that got his own spin off show in Cleveland. Maybe you've seen it, I think it's called the Tuscon Show

Nope and nope, that's Cleveland(from Family Guy), Levi Brown invented a time machine out of a Delorean.

Nope and nope, that's Cleveland(from Family Guy), Levi Brown invented a time machine out of a Delorean.

Sorry, that was Dr Emmet (Doc) Brown. Levi Brown is the football team from a city on Lake Erie that from 11/2/08-12/6/09 went a combined 2-19 before going on a 4 game winning streak to end the season, with those two wins courtesy of another football team from a city on Lake Erie.

• 2 weeks later...
Adam Caplan of Scout.com just reponded to my question on twitter.

I asked him if the Bills would be better off taking Clausen in Rd. 1 or taking a LT early and then taking a QB in the mid rounds like Skelton.

He responded.

caplannfl I'd wait on QB, they also like Levi Brown. RT @JoshMac28: @caplannfl Would Buffalo be better off taking Clausen or grabbing Skelton?

Looks like Adam nailed it.

He immediately becomes the best QB on the team IMO. He has the arm strength to play in wind and snow, let's hope he can put it all together.

Immediately the best QB on the team? If that's true, how sad.

As much nice stuff being said about him, just can't see a 7th round pick from a small school being

the franchise savior. Hope I'm proved wrong as I don't like any of our guys ('cept maybe Brohm).

Also, funny thread

Some people seem very high on this kid. Only question which goes for any QB that comes in to Buffalo. Can they play in that weather.

I'm not familiar with Levi Brown, so I watched some Youtube videos -- and his passes didn't seem to have a tight spiral. Not trying to judge the kid, but I seem to recall Jim Kelly once saying that the key to surviving as a passer in the Ralph is to be able to throw a tight spiral. Were these videos an aberration? Thoughts, anyone?

By the way, this thread is hilarious -- best I've seen in ages.

No, that's James. Levi Brown is the hall of fame WR from ND and tha Raida's.

NO..Thats Tim Brown. Levi Brown is one of the greatest running backs to ever play the game. He retired early though.

OK, I thought the Wang thread was funny, but this one is the best!

I remember watching Troy vs. Central Michigan (just to watch Lefevour) and thinking, "who is that guy on Troy?" because he was tons better than Lefevour in terms of accuracy, moxie, and arm strength. He was a stud during that game, and the reason why Troy was even in that bowl.

Immediately the best QB on the team? If that's true, how sad.

As much nice stuff being said about him, just can't see a 7th round pick from a small school being

the franchise savior. Hope I'm proved wrong as I don't like any of our guys ('cept maybe Brohm).

Also, funny thread

Yes it is sad, but I was in Vegas during football season and watched this kid play a lot. He looked real good in game action and just shredded defenses. Of course the coaching staff had a very pass happy offensive plan, but it fit this kid perfectly. The strides he made in just a few years were remarkable. Hopefully is wasn't just a freak year for him, but he outplayed LeFevour in the bowl game which makes me think he is only getting better. I just hope he gets a fair shake. Look at Philip Rivers, and Aaron Rodgers. They both sat on the bench and learned and now look at them. I think Bills fans will be pleasantly surprised. He does have an awkward throwing motion, but has a huge arm and can make all the throws. I can only imagine how he would look with a "normal" throwing motion. Hey Dan Marino had a short release and Peyton Manning throws just as many ducks as he does spirals. I haven't looked this forward to a QB since Kelly, but that's not saying much with who we've had.

Besides, I can't wait to meet his father Charlie.