Bills offered McNabb an extension

I think McNabb insisted on Washington so he could stick it to the man twice every year. I don't blame him.

I'm glad the Bills didn't get him. They have bigger fish to fry right now. A stop gap QB isn't the most dire need, IMO.

Agreed on not wanting him.

As far as McNabb sticking it to the Iggles......not with that surrounding cast in DC as we see it.

Advantage Iggles.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think McNabb want's an extension from any of the teams that wanted him including the Redskins. I think McNabb will have a good year next year, and leave the redskins to go play with the Vikings. He's expressed his interest in playing for the Vikings and its his best chance to win a superbowl before he retires. Also, next year will probably be Favre's last year regardless of what happens so there will be a vacant spot at quarterback for the Vikings. Just my take on the whole situation, and I will probably be wrong. This was more likely to happen if he came to Buffalo, or the Raiders.

I wanted McNabb, yeah. There, I got it out there.

Now, Philadelphia has drastically changed their entire Offensive skilled positions. Their average age has dropped from 30 years old to 23 years old. I compared McNabb, Westbrook, R. Brown and LJ Smith to Kolb, McCoy, Maclin and Celek.

Even if you compare just the QB and RB it is a difference of 31 years old to 23 years old. That is crazy. It is 5 years experience, not many games...to 20+ years of experience, while making the Playoffs many times and a Super Bowl once.

I kind of feel bad for Philly fans. I wonder how this will effect them? Will Andy Reid look like an idiot? :thumbsup:

Yeah becasue aging RB's , WR's, and QB's do so well in this league. Along with their young ProBowl LT -hmmm where did they get him - they now have a POTENTIAL nucleus to dominate for 5 or so years. It all hinges on Kobb of course. He has to be almost as good as McNabb and not choke, yes I said it, in the big moments.

Sad thing is, he's right.

i'm not happy about being "right", but lets face it, the best players and coaches don't want to be around this franchise. Period. Everyone is polite, saying all the right things, then they go somewhere else. Lets hope last years draft class and this years draft class play out of their minds, because help ain't comin' from anywhere else. Chan might be just the guy for this Bad News Bears team. Take what ya got and find a way to make them productive. AND, keep everyone on the field, less injuries.

So they caught lightening once. Whoppee

Take this to the bank. By Thanksgiving we will be looking at McNabb and saying "damn glad the Bills dodged that bullet".

at least the redskins are trying to win a championship. the bills are happy to field a reasonably competitive, low cost team and collect the revenue. redskins fans have reason to be "fan"atics again, we don't . at some point you have to take some bullets.

at least the redskins are trying to win a championship. the bills are happy to field a reasonably competitive, low cost team and collect the revenue. redskins fans have reason to be "fan"atics again, we don't . at some point you have to take some bullets.

I am sure this will be pointed out several times....but for all of the spending they do....for all of the "get the free agent of the year" awards, for all of the big names they bring in....

You know what else they do? Pick high in the draft every year because the skins continue to LOSE. They are the shining example that you cannot "buy" a champsionship.....you have to draft well and then bring in some key free agents to fill holes....not the other way around.

Yup, Dannyboy sure does know how to spend money.

And since he took over in 1999, the Redskins have an 80-96 record -- three games better than the Bills' 77-99 -- and more 10-loss seasons (4) than playoff berths (3).

One more note: the last time Washington beat Buffalo, Mark Rypien was their quarterback.

So who's right and who's wrong? This report says

McNabb would have played anywhere. I don't doubt him.He would have suited up for Buffalo no questions asked if they dealt him here. The problem is, he wouldn't sign an extension in Buffalo or Oakland, making himself essentially a 1-year rental player. And a high second isn't worth it for a 1-year player.

And since he took over in 1999, the Redskins have an 80-96 record -- three games better than the Bills' 77-99 -- and more 10-loss seasons (4) than playoff berths (3).

One more note: the last time Washington beat Buffalo, Mark Rypien was their quarterback.

:thumbsup::lol:

Interesting that they offered Albert to Philly but they chose the picks instead. I wonder how much of the guaranteed money Snyder was willing to pay.

Trying is one thing. Succeeding is another. It's time to admit the Bills reputation across the league is barely above the Raiders. McNabb indicated he wanted an extension, and the Bills were willing to do it according to one reference. So he goes to a team that hasn't given him one.

There is no substitute for victory...

Ah, but I will take the other side of that coin...

if he did not want to be here, then I don't want him, either.

Good riddance.

I think McNabb does not resign with Washington.

I think he's going there strictly as a one year deal.

He'll enjoy playing against Philly twice next year.

Andy Reid & Co. will enjoy taking Washington's 3rd or 4th round pick in 2011 when Donovan's signing a long term deal with the Vikings. It's a lot more for Donovan than they would have got had they kept him this year and let him walk at the end of next year.

It's in the cards - and the deck was absolutely loaded this way.

Can Sneeeder and the Weasel sign McNabb to a long term deal - maybe.

But I really think he's going to want to go to Minnesota and play for his old Offensive Coordinator.

some people are not happy that we dont have Mcnabb, but im very happy we dont have him right now..

Yeah..he is on the downside... Blesdoe was in a similar position and was hot for the 1st half of the season and then was buying time until retirement. Get the rookie ....get'er done!

I think McNabb does not resign with Washington.

I think he's going there strictly as a one year deal.

He'll enjoy playing against Philly twice next year.

Andy Reid & Co. will enjoy taking Washington's 3rd or 4th round pick in 2011 when Donovan's signing a long term deal with the Vikings. It's a lot more for Donovan than they would have got had they kept him this year and let him walk at the end of next year.

It's in the cards - and the deck was absolutely loaded this way.

Can Sneeeder and the Weasel sign McNabb to a long term deal - maybe.

But I really think he's going to want to go to Minnesota and play for his old Offensive Coordinator.

Thanks for basically copying what I said above. jkjkjkjkjk :thumbsup: