Robert Effing Royal

Stepped out of the Endzone against the titans in 06.....If he makes that catch We would have made the playoffs this decade and i bet we still have a QB :thumbsup::(:censored::wallbash:

Just rewatched that game btw...how did we decide Trent was better than JP? Looking back at this game, its not even close whos better IMO

You sure throw out a lot of history for 1 play.

Yes - Royal screwed up and failed to make a routine play. If he makes the catch we still have to close out the game, something we have problems doing.

Trent outplayed JP when he was given the chance That is why Losman lost his job. JP tried hard, he did good things for the city, etc, etc. For whatever reason his decision making on the field was poor and he did not establish himself as the leader of the offense.

You use hindsight to see that Trent has regressed. I do not know why Trent has regressed so badly in the past season but I'll bet that working for 3 OC's in three years and playing behind that joke of an OL has a little bit to do with it.

Stepped out of the Endzone against the titans in 06.....If he makes that catch We would have made the playoffs this decade and i bet we still have a QB :thumbsup::(:censored::wallbash:

Just rewatched that game btw...how did we decide Trent was better than JP? Looking back at this game, its not even close whos better IMO

The Bills had to beat the Ravens as well I think. I am not even sure if that was going to do it. I think they needed help. Did they get what they needed? I do not recall.

Yes - Royal screwed up and failed to make a routine play. If he makes the catch we still have to close out the game, something we have problems doing.

Trent outplayed JP when he was given the chance That is why Losman lost his job. JP tried hard, he did good things for the city, etc, etc. For whatever reason his decision making on the field was poor and he did not establish himself as the leader of the offense.

Yuo use hindsight to see that Trent has regressed. I do not know why Trent has regressed so badly in the past season but I'll bet that working for 3 OC's in three years and playing behind that joke of an OL has a little bit to do with it.

Trent didnt regress...he never improved

We the fans decided nothing, it was Jauron and his staff of clowns and their offensive ineptitude. The Bills haven't had a real offensive coordinator for 5 years and they have had one decent offensive mind for one year in the last ten.

That is why the Bills have been 25th or worst on offense for ten years, lets hope Gailey can change that.

You use hindsight to see that Trent has regressed. I do not know why Trent has regressed so badly in the past season but I'll bet that working for 3 OC's in three years and playing behind that joke of an OL has a little bit to do with it.

Trents not the only one that statement can be used for, its not like any previous QB since Kelly has had great o-lines and stability at the OC position at the same time

Anyone who says JP was better than Trent, think about the first Toronto game against the Jets. That was one of the worst, if not the worst QB performance I've even seen under perfect weather. That was the JP we knew. He did have a few good games at the beginning of his career, but please, he sucks.

Dude, will you ever quit? Take the JP poster off the wall, burn it and move on.

Anyone who says JP was better than Trent, think about the first Toronto game against the Jets. That was one of the worst, if not the worst QB performance I've even seen under perfect weather. That was the JP we knew. He did have a few good games at the beginning of his career, but please, he sucks.

Remember the fumble return for a TD against the Jets when the game was in hand. How about missing a wide open Lee Evans against Denver in the season opener. The INT in the enzone in Miami. If I recall it was only at the Houston Texans where Evans had those two long TD's that JP ever made a play late in the game. The ball to Peerless was beautifully thown even if his foot was probably out. It was a play JP didn't have to think about. Thinking is why he was a bust. All you had to do was watch the press conferences and you could tell he never understood the game.

Remember the fumble return for a TD against the Jets when the game was in hand. How about missing a wide open Lee Evans against Denver in the season opener. The INT in the enzone in Miami. If I recall it was only at the Houston Texans where Evans had those two long TD's that JP ever made a play late in the game. The ball to Peerless was beautifully thown even if his foot was probably out. It was a play JP didn't have to think about. Thinking is why he was a bust. All you had to do was watch the press conferences and you could tell he never understood the game.

Nope. Jacksonville game, also 2006.

Last week against Jacksonville, a team with a legitimate shot at a playoff berth, Losman completed 21 of 28 passes in a 27-24 win, including a 30-yard strike to Roscoe Parrish that set up a winning 42-yard field goal by Rian Lindell as time expired.

On the pass to Parrish, Losman rolled left on a broken play and waved for his receiver to go downfield. Parrish made an leaping catch, but after practice Wednesday he gave credit to Losman.

''It's sort of like backyard football to me,'' Parrish said. ''I try to get open once I see him scrambling to my side. Somehow he just sees me downfield and always completes the ball to me.''

Among the quarterback class of 2004, Losman is the best scrambler, but he has learned to stay in the pocket, too. Against Houston and Jacksonville, he completed more than 70 percent of his passes.

I think Losman ended up a bust but basing your evidence on press conferences is a joke. How smart is Terry Bradshaw off the field?

Losman was just one of a few QBs whose Buffalo careers have started out with some promise or upside, only to be put in a position to fail by the coaching staff and FO. Look at 2006 and you see potential. Look at 2007 and you see a coaching staff doing a 180 with regard to its approach to the QB. Edwards is another guy whose career is next to over thanks to the Bills' doings over the past decade +.

Trent was playing ok until Wilson crushed him.

Yeah I`ll go with that. It showed how tough he was mentally. He had me fooled. The good ones shake that shitz off. I think Brohm is atough kid,BUT I could be wrong. He admits he wasn`t ready confidence wise. Whatever with any pick it really is a bigtime gamble. I just like tough players at any position. A QB that shows leadership,take control of the huddle type player in college is who I`d want. Clausen is said not to have these skills.

Trent was playing ok until Wilson crushed him.

People have attempted to make this point about 6 million times before; it is just as wrong now as all the other times.

The best game the guy ever had was his first one back after the concussion against the Chargers; the second best game he ever had was later on that season against Denver.

Stepped out of the Endzone against the titans in 06.....If he makes that catch We would have made the playoffs this decade and i bet we still have a QB :wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

I was a JP fan during that time. It was weird how he seemed to have "it" in a few games and look completely lost in others. I remember that Jacksonville game we came back to win where he lead a great drive for the tying FG in the last minute of the game. He actually had a few games where he didn't play great, but was able to make things happen when it counted to bring us back or almost there. Those games for other QBs seem to propel them to the next level and some consistency, but somehow JP never made it past just showing flashes.

Watching Edwards over the last few years though, has left me with somewhat of the same impression. He had some games where he just looked like he got it, but was never able to take the next step. This is what makes me wonder if it was the fault of the coaching/etc. It also partly explains my curiosity of seeing what Edwards can do under Gailey as I feel like it will give me some closure on the question of coaching vs player. If Edwards starts and is back to form of the first 6 games of 08, then I think someone, somewhere should get JP out of the unemployment benefits line/grocery store outfit/UFL and give him another shot at playing in the NFL.

Yes he did. Watch the first five games of the '08 season. We were 4-1 and playoff bound. Trent looked like not only a pro bowler but an MVP candidate too.

In the first 4 games he averaged 237 yds and threw 4 TDs and 2 INTs. MVP candidate? Let's not get carried away.

Just rewatched that game btw...how did we decide Trent was better than JP?

Good question! I am thinking that every NFL Team was stupid not to recognize the greatness that JP brought to the table. I mean.....the guy almost never lost a football game. He had "winner" written all over him from day 1, ya know?

J.P. and Trent both have pretty big flaws but very different flaws- like dumping the wild chick who trashes your life and then dating a girl who's so boring you want to slit your wrists. Also when we had J.P. I think there was a debate about how good was the rest of the offense- I think that debate has been answered, it's pretty poor- our best players Evans and Jackson probably don't break top 16 in their position and you really don't want to think about where our #2WR, TE, FB, OL would rate.

...and as for the Trent vs. J.P. debate...I thought when Edwards took over for Losman he was a breath of fresh air. He was everything Losman wasn't. He went through his progressions, found the open target, and made quick decisions. He kept drives going. Losman was capable of making the big play, but let's face it, he was a slightly better version than Rob Johnson, who was absolutely brutal!!!

Somewhere along the line Edwards fell apart. I go back to that four game stretch after they started 5-1 in '08. They lost 3 straight divisions games and Trent threw 3 picks in the first quarter against Cleveland. After that, he became hesitant, his decision making got slower and he checked down a lot...more than he did before. He lost his confidence.

When Trent first started playing I saw something special in him, I can't really define it, call int an "X" factor. Maybe with some good coaching and hopefully a rebuilt offensive line, he can find the player he was when he first came in to the league.

...and as for the Trent vs. J.P. debate...I thought when Edwards took over for Losman he was a breath of fresh air. He was everything Losman wasn't. He went through his progressions, found the open target, and made quick decisions. He kept drives going. Losman was capable of making the big play, but let's face it, he was a slightly better version than Rob Johnson, who was absolutely brutal!!!

Somewhere along the line Edwards fell apart. I go back to that four game stretch after they started 5-1 in '08. They lost 3 straight divisions games and Trent threw 3 picks in the first quarter against Cleveland. After that, he became hesitant, his decision making got slower and he checked down a lot...more than he did before. He lost his confidence.

When Trent first started playing I saw something special in him, I can't really define it, call int an "X" factor. Maybe with some good coaching and hopefully a rebuilt offensive line, he can find the player he was when he first came in to the league.

I agree completely. I think Edwards took on the persona of his (loser) coach...he put too much trust in Jauron.

JP also regressed, but the reason was very plain to see.

When we opened up the playbook in 2006, he responded with a very good season.

So naturally, we closed up the playbook and went to the dink and dunk and he was never the same. The Bills never used Losman right.

Yeah, Trent outplayed him, but only in an offensive system built to feature the worst parts of Losman's game and avoid altogether the best parts of his game.

We absolutely WASTED Losman. Who knows if he will ever be good, but he had no shot in the system we changed to in 2007 and stayed with right up to last year.

Anyone who thinks JP sucks, think about the 2006 season, and particularly the second half of the season.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?tab...mp;d-447263-n=1

That is a very good season, and he noticeably improved the second half of the year.

With the exception of Bledsoe's best year (and Bledsoe was tailing off near the end of the year), no Bills QB has come close since Kelly.

Anyone who thinks JP sucks, think about the 2006 season, and particularly the second half of the season.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?tab...mp;d-447263-n=1

That is a very good season, and he noticeably improved the second half of the year.

With the exception of Bledsoe's best year (and Bledsoe was tailing off near the end of the year), no Bills QB has come close since Kelly.

He was also good at piling up those victories! :wallbash: