Robert Effing Royal

Anyone who thinks JP sucks, think about the 2006 season, and particularly the second half of the season.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?tab...mp;d-447263-n=1

That is a very good season, and he noticeably improved the second half of the year.

With the exception of Bledsoe's best year (and Bledsoe was tailing off near the end of the year), no Bills QB has come close since Kelly.

You link didn't work, so I'm not sure what you were trying to prove, but here's what I see looking game by game at JP's 2006 season. He didn't have a good season, he had a very erratic season sprinkled in with some good games. His 2nd half stats get padded by two games that the Bills blew out opponents in games against the Jets & Dolphins. In those games JP had QB ratings in the 140s, the best of his whole career. But, in the Jets game he only threw 15 times for 157 yds and in the Dolphins game he threw 19 times for 200 yds, hardly lighting it up. Worse, with the season on the line in the final 2 weeks he had a 57.6 completion %, 1 TD vs 2 INTS vs Tenessee in a loss that cost the Bills the playoffs and was virtually invisible the following week in Baltimore when outside of a long TD to Lee Evans, he was worthless. I was at both those games & it wasn't pretty & any improvement was not evident.

I can play with stats too, in 2006 JP had 2 games passing for under 100 yards and 7 other games under 200 yards passing. Add in 2 more games of 200 yds & 207 yards and you have 11 of 16 games where he averaged 150.55 yards. In 3 games the Bills scored 7 or fewer points with JP at the helm, including the final game of the season, after you claim he improved. In 11 games, the Bills scored 21 or fewer points. Is that the kind of production you want from your starting QB?

JP also regressed, but the reason was very plain to see.

When we opened up the playbook in 2006, he responded with a very good season.

So naturally, we closed up the playbook and went to the dink and dunk and he was never the same. The Bills never used Losman right.

Yeah, Trent outplayed him, but only in an offensive system built to feature the worst parts of Losman's game and avoid altogether the best parts of his game.

We absolutely WASTED Losman. Who knows if he will ever be good, but he had no shot in the system we changed to in 2007 and stayed with right up to last year.

There are many years of bad offense in Jauron's resume with both Chicago and Buffalo. His OC's and his approach to the game are terrible.

It most likely hurt Losman to play under DJ but if he really is a good QB he will eventually land with an NFL team and prove it. (Ref: Jim Pluncket)