Update

All...

Don't have much, but I hate to leave everyone hanging.

It will not be Clausen at 9. Bradford is the only QB that they would take there and he will obviously be gone. I guess they could always take him later in the draft. There is interest in McNabb, but the new regime places such a high value on draft picks, it is not likely to happen. OT is still the leader in the club house for the pick.

I don't like to make predictions, I would rather give information. However since I have been asked, I think Trent is your likely starter next year. That is just based on some things I have heard and my knowledge of the situation. However as many have pointed out, it is way too early for any type of certainty.

All...

It will not be Clausen at 9. Bradford is the only QB that they would take there and he will obviously be gone. I guess they could always take him later in the draft. There is interest in McNabb, but the new regime places such a high value on draft picks, it is not likely to happen. OT is still the leader in the club house for the pick.

I don't like to make predictions, I would rather give information. However since I have been asked, I think Trent is your likely starter next year. That is just based on some things I have heard and my knowledge of the situation. However as many have pointed out, it is way too early for any type of certainty.

Well........You just shot down my new avatar, but one can still hope. :D

All...

As always, thank you very much for your information, it is much appreciated my friend.

I'm looking at this from an available players point of view, and taking McNabb with a 2nd this year would mean having to really stick to our needs for the other picks--LT, NT, DE, WR, OLB, ILB, RT.

The draft is deeper at WR and OLB, so I'll take the LT and DT early and the other positions next:

1 9 Buffalo Bryan Bulaga OT Iowa

2 ---------Trade For McNabb-----------------------------------------------------------

3 72 Buffalo Cam Thomas DT34 North Carolina

4 107 Buffalo Mike Neal DE34 Purdue

5 140 Buffalo Lindsey Witten OLB34 Connecticut

6 178 Buffalo Blair White WRF Michigan State

6 192 Buffalo Clifton Geathers DE34 South Carolina

7 209 Buffalo Kion Wilson ILB South Florida

7 216 Buffalo Tony Washington OT Abilene Christian

I think Trent is your likely starter next year. That is just based on some things I have heard and my knowledge of the situation. However as many have pointed out, it is way too early for any type of certainty.

:P You just made me throw up in my mouth a little. :D

All...

Thanks for the info. Question about Edwards. Didn't he lose the team last year? I know there is a new staff but seemed like they all lost confidence in him.

I'm looking at this from an available players point of view, and taking McNabb with a 2nd this year would mean having to really stick to our needs for the other picks--LT, NT, DE, WR, OLB, ILB, RT.

The draft is deeper at WR and OLB, so I'll take the LT and DT early and the other positions next:

1 9 Buffalo Bryan Bulaga OT Iowa

2 ---------Trade For McNabb-----------------------------------------------------------

3 72 Buffalo Cam Thomas DT34 North Carolina

4 107 Buffalo Mike Neal DE34 Purdue

5 140 Buffalo Lindsey Witten OLB34 Connecticut

6 178 Buffalo Blair White WRF Michigan State

6 192 Buffalo Clifton Geathers DE34 South Carolina

7 209 Buffalo Kion Wilson ILB South Florida

7 216 Buffalo Tony Washington OT Abilene Christian

Isn't Neal a 3-technique, 4-3 end?

Blair White is a great athlete with character, love to have him on the team

Witten will never do. He's Donte's lil bro... I jokes, but he is the real lil Donte

great mock though, really

Thanks for the info. Question about Edwards. Didn't he lose the team last year? I know there is a new staff but seemed like they all lost confidence in him.

Definitely still well liked and respected by the players. That won't be a problem. No one could have performed well under those circumstances last year. I know it will be painful for people, but it will be interesting to see if Gailey can do anything with him.

There will have to be another QB on the roster. I just don't have enough info to tell you if it will be a vet or a draft pick.

Isn't Neal a 3-technique, 4-3 end?

Blair White is a great athlete with character, love to have him on the team

Witten will never do. He's Donte's lil bro... I jokes, but he is the real lil Donte

great mock though, really

it is a great mock. But the only way we get Cam Thomas is if we draft him in round 2.

Definitely still well liked and respected by the players. That won't be a problem. No one could have performed well under those circumstances last year. I know it will be painful for people, but it will be interesting to see if Gailey can do anything with him.

There will have to be another QB on the roster. I just don't have enough info to tell you if it will be a vet or a draft pick.

Thanks.

Nevergiveup,

You mentioned leaning toward OT in round 1. Does that mean they are more or less looking to fill positons which there are holes or are they going to take the best player on their board regardless of positon?

If its by position do you know what other positions they might be targeting in their first few picks?

MB...It's a need and relatively deep position in the draft. Just happens to line up for them this year. For the most part this group will draft best available. Which is what they need to do for a couple of years at least.

Will they take the 3rd or 4th best OT over the 1st LB, RB, WR or DE?

Like you said, new staff. EVERYBODY has something to prove. They don't have time to hate on Trent; even though they would be well within their rights to hate on Trent.

Thanks for the update.

Any color on the new regime's opinion of Brohm? Any hope that he can compete for the starting spot/backup? I noticed you said they would most likely be bringing in another QB -- That seems like a pretty strong indication they aren't very high on Brohm...or am I reading too much into your post?

Nevergiveup,

You mentioned leaning toward OT in round 1. Does that mean they are more or less looking to fill positons which there are holes or are they going to take the best player on their board regardless of positon?

If its by position do you know what other positions they might be targeting in their first few picks?

Dexter Dexter Dexter....that guy can flat out play and FLY....but obviously not in round 1....if the ol is not available, I really would try to trade down and take MOUNT CODY

NGU, thanks for the info always like hearing from a real reliable source on the board. With Owens and Reed gone, any chance this team looks to add a veteran or early pick WR if one slips to them? Hate to spoil the party, but Hardy and Johnson don't look even close to ready to play across from Evans.

I have to admit I'm very encouraged by these updates.

Thanks NGU.

My worst fear is the Bills continuing the cycle of drafting QBs every 2 years but never giving them a chance to succeed.

The offensive line needs to be rebuilt.

Once that's done, they can evaluate the QBs.

Trent may not be the guy, but I don't think Manning/Brady would be winning a whole lot with this offensive line anyways.

Looks like my son gets another few games of use out of the Edwards jersey he bought last year :thumbsup:

I had a friend give me a free Edwards jersey that I was only able to wear once before he got benched, so if Edwards stays & starts I can wear it again too.

Looks like my son gets another few games of use out of the Edwards jersey he bought last year :thumbsup:

Yea I'm in the same boat. Got the white throwback so I'd hate to shelve it. I think under a new staff, Edwards can be serviceable.

Thanks NEVERGIVEUP for another solid update.

So is if what NGU says is true and Trent is the starter, how the hell do you have faith in this "new" regime? No matter what some think, QB is the most important position in the NFL and there is a good one out there in DM, but they value a 3rd over a legit QB who has a couple of good years left? Not only has Trent struggled throwing the ball, but his decision making is awful and he is just to injury prone.

There would be no Buddy Nix without Drew Brees and Phillip Rivers. Sounds like the same ol same ol to me.

All...

NGU - I like what you said (see bold above).

The rebuilding of the Buffalo Bills will take a few years. I just don't think the FO can turn this team into an 11-5 team like Miami did two years ago. I would not mind seeing what Trent can do in a Jauron-less environment. Maybe Gailey can help him? If Trent does not cut it then we address QB next year. Meanwhile, lets add more talent to less risky areas and we are sure to fill some holes. Left Tackle and Nose Tackle are in dire need.

It is difficult to draft to a "Best Player" philosophy when we have so many needs.

Nevergiveup,

Remember previously Nix said anyone that tells you they are taking the best player available is lying to you. You take the best player available that fills a need on your team. Not a direct quote but close. So basically if the needs are OT, QB, NT LB WR they will take the highest rated player on their board that fills one of these positions . OT is so deep that if their highest rated guys are gone and fell they can get the next tier in R 2 I wouldn't be surprised to see them go NT , DE < OLB if they see a player they like. I think it will be an interesting draft this year. Expecting at least 2 and maybe 3 OT/G?centers out of this draft. :thumbsup: