State of the Franchise...Buffalo

Here i'll save you an hour of your life.

Ralph's Cheap.

They suck.

New defense.

No established QB.

New Coach.

New GM.

same old 7-9 for 2011.

Until we address QB we won't be any better than an 8-8 team tops

Until we address QB we won't be any better than an 8-8 team tops

Even if we address the QB position we won't be any better than an 8 - 8 team if we don't ALSO address some other big problems. I do think, however, that if we had an O-line that could open an actual, real life, honest to goodness hole in the run game we could get something going. The only reasons we made any yards in the run game is because our RBs worked hard for it. Fred is the better cut back runner and since our line couldn't open a hole in a wet paper bag he was given the starting nod. Both of our guys will look like an amazing 1 - 2 punch if we could get a couple bull dozers up front.

If it was Mayock or Lombardi, maybe, but I think I'll pass on hearing Marshall Faulk's "analysis".

I'll never forget how Marshall Faulk said the Bills needed a new LT after Jason Peters was elected to his 1st pro-bowl a couple of years ago. On second thought, maybe he was predicting the future! :worthy:

They should have the video posted to NFL.com soon, but here's a quick recap:

-Rod Woodson said we have holes at QB, OT, and on defense, and we've failed to address any of the holes via free agency.

-Eisen and Dukes spent a couple of minutes talking about how we have no viable QB on the roster, but Trent Edwards is a problem and we're not going anywhere with him. They said the same speculation, as in "lets see if the Bills make a play for Kolb/Vick"

-Charles Davis said we could go QB or OT at #9, but he thinks the OTs worth taking will be gone by #9 and had us taking CJ Spiller.

If you missed it, you really didn't miss anything of consequence.

An absolute waste of time. I like Eisen, but Woodson and Dukes are clearly did not do much research before this segment. I think they've addressed the DL with Dwan Edwards, acquired some depth at ILB, and at least signed a RT.

It was mentioned the Bills traded up for Trent Edwards, which is false. And Dukes is saying the popular thing for them to acquire Vick, who is said by some to have less accuracy now than when he was a Falcon. Dukes went so far as to say he'd give up a 2nd or 3rd. Yeah, sure.

I think the MO for each "expert" is to say the most popular thing, even if it's absurd. Thinking outside the box is apparently outlawed.

Sure. Because turning on your tv and watching a syndicated tv program that summarizes all the days transactions and analysis of activity in the NFL is infinitely less informative than going to an empty stadium and watching guys in shorts running around cones. :rolleyes: