UPDATED: Tim Tebow, QB, Denver Broncos

Kingfish

If he slips to 41. Wouldnt that send a message? I would like at least 2 characterisitics. Heck I'm a fierce competitor but I cant get the ball downfield. I would like a competitive QB with a better than average arm. And dont quote me passer ratings. YAC and feeble teams = good passer ratings No Tearbow

the knock on Tebow hasnt been his arm strength. it's been his mechanics and that he hasnt had a chance to run an NFL offense.

but all other things being equal, he matches up with anyone else in the draft as far as pure strength and accuracy go.

and "feeble teams"?!?! wtf does that mean? even if i give you that the SEC is equal to all other conferences (which it isnt), playing in Conference and National Championships doesn't put him up against good teams? Playing high ranking teams doesnt put him against good teams?

I guarantee he has played against better defenses than Pike in the Big East, or LeFevour in... whatever crappy conference CMU is in.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even though they arent EXACTLY the same Lefevour has numbers that rival and in some instances exceed anything tebow did, so in terms of an athlete, Lefevour has to be right there in the conversation with tebow.

And LeFevour played in cold weather. I'd rather see him over Tebow in a Bills uniform.

If Tebow is there at 41 I take him without hesitation. The guy wills his team to victory. I honestly believe this is a guy who wont do it pretty all the time but he will find a way to win and rally his team around him. For that reason alone i will Take him at 41 or at 9 if Gailey Thinks higher than i do

Guest dog14787

Tebow has a couple of things in his corner that sets him apart from the competition and gives him an edge in my opinion.

One, Tebow wears his heart on his sleeve and is not afraid to show some emotion(sound familiar) and two, he comes highly endorsed by the pride and joy of Buffalo and our very own, Mr. Jim "Machine Gun"Kelly who's campaign for Tebow started long ago.

Myself personelly, I think Jim see's a little bit of himself in Tim Tebow, different attributes I'll be it, and he doesn't have Kelly's cannon of an arm(who does) but the one thing that stands out above all else that can't be measured with stats or yardage is Tebows heart and passion for the game of football.

Tim Tebow belongs in Buffalo...

If Tebow is there at 41 I take him without hesitation. The guy wills his team to victory. I honestly believe this is a guy who wont do it pretty all the time but he will find a way to win and rally his team around him. For that reason alone i will Take him at 41 or at 9 if Gailey Thinks higher than i do

Please point out the games where tebow "willed his team to win." Was it when they were beating up on Florida international or charleston southern? Or maybe it was when he was drooling on the sidelines at kentucky? Or maybe when he was too busy throwing red zone INTs and getting his ass kicked in the SEC championship?

The "will to win" is the biggest bullcrap argument out there.

Tebow won't slip to 41

Remember the league is splitting the draft into 3 days (bad idea IMO, but that's another thread) with rd 1 on thurs, 2&3 on fri, and 4+ on sat. This is going to make the early part of rounds 2 and 4 more important with more trades after teams review their draft boards overnight

Tebow is going to be the hot prospect in the early 2nd. Somebody will trade up into the mid 30s to take him, possibly us

Please point out the games where tebow "willed his team to win." Was it when they were beating up on Florida international or charleston southern? Or maybe it was when he was drooling on the sidelines at kentucky? Or maybe when he was too busy throwing red zone INTs and getting his ass kicked in the SEC championship?

The "will to win" is the biggest bullcrap argument out there.

hahahaha word of the day "HATER"...................I don't know where to start on this one. I guess i'll point out the fact your from Tallahassee. So why is it you only bring up four games he started in? He started over 40 games . so his " will to win" your actaully ?ing that ?. I guess some people have selective memories.

So how bout the national championship game against oklahoma? does that count? Or how Bout The SEC championship game that same year? you forget that one? Gators down going into the fourth. Then Tebow wills them to victory with two long drives that end in Tebow touchdown passes.

You bring up this years SEC championship and say he was busy throwing red zone INTs. He threw one INT the whole game buddy. And it was in the fourth quarter when alabama had that game in the bag. Yes it was a bad play. I think he had like three of those his college career.

Oh and did u forget about the "speech"? We all have heard it by now right? I guess that didnt show leadership or a "will to win" did it? It only fired them up to win their next 22 games in a row. What a loser that guy is..............

And yes to your point they did play 3 or 4 cupcakes the last few years. Just like every team does. But come on dont be that guy. I dont want to stoop to name calling here. But we all know the toughest football conference in the country is the SEC. And while Tebow was at florida, the gators dominated the SEC.............

Seeing as how Tebow is left handed we would need a solid RT to guard his blindside

That is not 100% true. Typically, the best pass rushers from the opposing team play on the right side of the ball. LT is still the most important positon on the line regardless of the "handedness" of your QB.

We do still need a solid RT though...