Nice job by our Front Ofiice.

I'd still like to see them do a little bit more work, pre-Draft. Go after a Nose Tackle just to give that spot some veteran depth to go along with a rookie draft pick. (Guys like Gerard Warren, Ian Scott or Hollis Thomas spring to mind)

Try and pick up an interior O-Lineman for the same reason. (Chester Pitts, Ben Hamilton or Randy Thomas).

I think it's pretty obvious that the Bills are looking at their OT and QB issues to be solved via the Draft.

I'd still like to see them do a little bit more work, pre-Draft. Go after a Nose Tackle just to give that spot some veteran depth to go along with a rookie draft pick. (Guys like Gerard Warren, Ian Scott or Hollis Thomas spring to mind)

Try and pick up an interior O-Lineman for the same reason. (Chester Pitts, Ben Hamilton or Randy Thomas).

I think it's pretty obvious that the Bills are looking at their OT and QB issues to be solved via the Draft.

I have to agree HST.

By the way - just finished Hells Angels: great book.

kennedy was their guy ,either way today was a good day

Green isn't a good signing the guy sucks. However I do like the addition of Davis and Edwards they are 3-4 guys who can come in and play a solid and build our D. I still think there is work to be done in free agency. We need to add another Linebacker and D-Lineman as well as possibly a WR and Interior O-lineman.

A guy like Akin Ayodele would fit the mold for a depth Linebacker. 3-4 guy in Miami and Dallas can play MLB in a 3-4 and flex to a 4-3 OLB and an OLB in a hybrid 3-4 as well. The guy isn't too old he will be 31 a nice fit for what we are looking to do this upcoming season.

I also think we should go after Coles he would make a nice addition to the WR core and try and find another vet D-lineman. We are far from there as far as free agency goes. Needs like NT, QB, LT, and RT are going to be addressed by the draft.

The signing of 3 solid veterans Green, Davis and Edwards shows intelligence from our Front office. This is how you build a team, solid FA with good drafts. Nothing flashy but sound

These are exactly the types of players I expected. I would not be surprised to see a few more guys like this brought in. Good solid, depth players. Players who has a history with our coaching staff and who fit into the style of play the new staff wants and the type of men they want in the room. I am still very pessimistic about the coming season, but I love the signings today and hope for more.

Green isn't a good signing the guy sucks. However I do like the addition of Davis and Edwards they are 3-4 guys who can come in and play a solid and build our D. I still think there is work to be done in free agency. We need to add another Linebacker and D-Lineman as well as possibly a WR and Interior O-lineman.

A guy like Akin Ayodele would fit the mold for a depth Linebacker. 3-4 guy in Miami and Dallas can play MLB in a 3-4 and flex to a 4-3 OLB and an OLB in a hybrid 3-4 as well. The guy isn't too old he will be 31 a nice fit for what we are looking to do this upcoming season.

I also think we should go after Coles he would make a nice addition to the WR core and try and find another vet D-lineman. We are far from there as far as free agency goes. Needs like NT, QB, LT, and RT are going to be addressed by the draft.

Green may not be a top notch player, but he doesnt suck. He will bring veteran knowledge to a very young line. The young line that this team is being built around.

Green may not be a top notch player, but he doesnt suck. He will bring veteran knowledge to a very young line. The young line that this team is being built around.

I just think that there were better options out there for us to pursue. The guy has been around a long time but he was never more then a decent back up at his best. Money and time could have been spent much better on getting a better player.

The signing of 3 solid veterans Green, Davis and Edwards shows intelligence from our Front office. This is how you build a team, solid FA with good drafts. Nothing flashy but sound

It's nice to see us getting some size back on defense.

spot on - green will help our young guys out and therefore help our o-line - solid not flashy - and he definately does not suck

Coles is whack! Let Hardy and Johnson play. It's time. And don't forget teams will be picking up players from now through training camp and into the season. Plenty of time for that. Doesn't have to happen now unless a good thing unexpectedly winds up on the street like Davis did last week. Also don't get about college FA signed after the draft is over. Many ways to add players.

I love the signings. Not flashy, not overpaid. I love Green a solid veteran RT with some good years left in him, the dude can flat out block, an upgrade over anything we've had in years. He's not the fastest or the smartest, but will make us forget the injury plagued Butler. Merideth is a solid up and comer to back him up. Davis is another solid vet, again not the fastest or the smartest but a solid tackler whom is a huge linebacker in the 250+ range, a real banger unlike our little POZ. Edwards I know nothing about, but we can use some depth behind Kelsey and Schobel because Maybin is going outside and Ellis has shown nothing.

Dude, the Davis signing is to replace Mitchell who will be cut by draft day. Ain't nothing different.

Dude, the Davis signing is to replace Mitchell who will be cut by draft day. Ain't nothing different.

I don't think Mitchell gets cut this year unless the Bills pick a LB in the first 2 rounds and the Bills want to same money.

We now have 3 adequate ILB's why would they cut one. Both Poz and Mitchell also could compete for OLB and add depth and flexibility.

Not a fan of the Green signing at all, but Edwards is a terrific pickup and Davis is solid. Very nice job today by the FO.

I hope that Meredith or Bell step up their games this offseason and earn the RT job. Then, Green would quality depth as a swing tackle.

And I'm confused. I thought we were the losers of FAcy because we didn't sign anyone in the first week? :ph34r: These are splashy signings but they are solid moves that should be reasonably priced. You fill needs in Facy and build your core in the draft. Good work.

I don't think Mitchell gets cut this year unless the Bills pick a LB in the first 2 rounds and the Bills want to same money.

We now have 3 adequate ILB's why would they cut one. Both Poz and Mitchell also could compete for OLB and add depth and flexibility.

I was thinking POZ to the outside as well, but they resigned Ellison. With Maybin being a big question, I don't see them moving Mitchell anywhere. POZ and Ellison outside with Mitchell and Davis inside or Ellison and Mitchell outside with Davis and POZ inside.

I was thinking POZ to the outside as well, but they resigned Ellison. With Maybin being a big question, I don't see them moving Mitchell anywhere. POZ and Ellison outside with Mitchell and Davis inside or Ellison and Mitchell outside with Davis and POZ inside.

They just tendered Ellison. He is probably making little money. I always respected Ellison and for a 6th round pick, he has be a good pick. But i would be surprised if he makes the team because he doesn't fit in a 3-4.

It's nice to see us getting some size back on defense.

People are talking a lot about size, and I think it's important too, but I worried about Buffalo's defensive pass rush. If/when Schobel retires, where is the rush going to come from? The Bills haven't brought in any FAs who can bring pressure and if they draft LT, QB and NT early in the draft there will be no help there either.

Why do you care how much they paid for him?

The only reasons I can think of is the injury concern and the fact that a lot of Ravens' defensive players production drops off a cliff after thy leave B'more. Edwards is a very solid addition at a reasonable price. But if he got paid like a top DE, it could possible hurt the Bills when they have to talk contract with another player like when Kelsay got paid and they had to re-do Schobel.

People are talking a lot about size, and I think it's important too, but I worried about Buffalo's defensive pass rush. If/when Schobel retires, where is the rush going to come from? The Bills haven't brought in any FAs who can bring pressure and if they draft LT, QB and NT early in the draft there will be no help there either.

IN a 3-4, you're not counting your d-line to get a pass rush but rather to engage blockers. So I guess the hope is that Maybin or Ellis (very doubtful) step up in thier new roles. Also, Mitchell was arguably the Bills best pass rusher in 2008 so maybe he can make some noise as a 3-4 OLB.

Davis is the only one I'm encouraged by. My hope is that they didn't overpay for Edwards

Who cares? The Bills are among the lowest-spending teams in the league right now, and it's not your money. Edwards is a very solid run-stuffing DE in a 3-4. Just what the Bills needed. I won't care at all if they overpaid for him (unless it's a ridiculously high sum, which it isn't going to be).

I definitely agree and feel so much better tonight about our future than yesterday. As long as we move in a better direction than the team's of the past several years...and continue to find quality in FA and have a good draft then I may become my old optimistic self again in reference to our Bills!!! Go Bills.. :ph34r:

Who cares? The Bills are among the lowest-spending teams in the league right now, and it's not your money. Edwards is a very solid run-stuffing DE in a 3-4. Just what the Bills needed. I won't care at all if they overpaid for him (unless it's a ridiculously high sum, which it isn't going to be).

Why do people just parrot things?

NFL Teams Total Payroll

NFL Oakland Raiders Team Salaries $ 152,389,371

NFL Dallas Cowboys Team Salaries $ 146,401,600

NFL Minnesota Vikings Team Salaries $ 133,354,045

NFL Cleveland Browns Team Salaries $ 131,916,300

NFL New Orleans Saints Team Salaries $ 131,531,820

NFL Pittsburgh Steelers Team Salaries $ 128,815,061

NFL Tennessee Titans Team Salaries $ 126,017,443

NFL Arizona Cardinals Team Salaries $ 122,110,110

NFL Jacksonville Jaguars Team Salaries $ 122,109,207

NFL Chicago Bears Team Salaries $ 120,065,819

NFL San Francisco 49ers Team Salaries $ 118,766,239

NFL New York Jets Team Salaries $ 116,910,097

NFL St. Louis Rams Team Salaries $ 116,677,660

NFL New York Giants Team Salaries $ 115,816,180

NFL Miami Dolphins Team Salaries $ 114,649,660

NFL Buffalo Bills Team Salaries $ 113,364,927

NFL Carolina Panthers Team Salaries $ 112,114,711

NFL Washington Redskins Team Salaries $ 111,963,684

NFL San Diego Chargers Team Salaries $ 111,813,340

NFL Cincinnati Bengals Team Salaries $ 109,727,880

NFL Philadelphia Eagles Team Salaries $ 109,557,398

NFL Houston Texans Team Salaries $ 108,445,418

NFL Tampa Bay Buccaneers Team Salaries $ 104,329,311

NFL Seattle Seahawks Team Salaries $ 102,985,710

NFL Atlanta Falcons Team Salaries $ 96,391,525

NFL Detroit Lions Team Salaries $ 95,827,117

NFL Denver Broncos Team Salaries $ 95,599,778

NFL Green Bay Packers Team Salaries $ 94,018,300

NFL Indianapolis Colts Team Salaries $ 93,373,915

NFL New England Patriots Team Salaries $ 92,734,120

NFL Baltimore Ravens Team Salaries $ 90,713,965

NFL Kansas City Chiefs Team Salaries $ 83,623,776

Look it's not over yet...how would you feel if they traded for shaun rogers around the draft or got another vet and got a DT on the first two rounds of the draft, pretty solid. I'm not upset by the moves so far.

NFL Teams Total Payroll

NFL Oakland Raiders Team Salaries $ 152,389,371

NFL Dallas Cowboys Team Salaries $ 146,401,600

NFL Minnesota Vikings Team Salaries $ 133,354,045

NFL Cleveland Browns Team Salaries $ 131,916,300

NFL New Orleans Saints Team Salaries $ 131,531,820

NFL Pittsburgh Steelers Team Salaries $ 128,815,061

NFL Tennessee Titans Team Salaries $ 126,017,443

NFL Arizona Cardinals Team Salaries $ 122,110,110

NFL Jacksonville Jaguars Team Salaries $ 122,109,207

NFL Chicago Bears Team Salaries $ 120,065,819

NFL San Francisco 49ers Team Salaries $ 118,766,239

NFL New York Jets Team Salaries $ 116,910,097

NFL St. Louis Rams Team Salaries $ 116,677,660

NFL New York Giants Team Salaries $ 115,816,180

NFL Miami Dolphins Team Salaries $ 114,649,660

NFL Buffalo Bills Team Salaries $ 113,364,927

NFL Carolina Panthers Team Salaries $ 112,114,711

NFL Washington Redskins Team Salaries $ 111,963,684

NFL San Diego Chargers Team Salaries $ 111,813,340

NFL Cincinnati Bengals Team Salaries $ 109,727,880

NFL Philadelphia Eagles Team Salaries $ 109,557,398

NFL Houston Texans Team Salaries $ 108,445,418

NFL Tampa Bay Buccaneers Team Salaries $ 104,329,311

NFL Seattle Seahawks Team Salaries $ 102,985,710

NFL Atlanta Falcons Team Salaries $ 96,391,525

NFL Detroit Lions Team Salaries $ 95,827,117

NFL Denver Broncos Team Salaries $ 95,599,778

NFL Green Bay Packers Team Salaries $ 94,018,300

NFL Indianapolis Colts Team Salaries $ 93,373,915

NFL New England Patriots Team Salaries $ 92,734,120

NFL Baltimore Ravens Team Salaries $ 90,713,965

NFL Kansas City Chiefs Team Salaries $ 83,623,776

Payroll figures in any one year have nothing to do with how much money a frnachise spends. In the NFL with a salary cap it is all about the signing bonus and the number of years that figure is stretched over time.

I love the signings. Not flashy, not overpaid. I love Green a solid veteran RT with some good years left in him, the dude can flat out block, an upgrade over anything we've had in years. He's not the fastest or the smartest, but will make us forget the injury plagued Butler. Merideth is a solid up and comer to back him up. Davis is another solid vet, again not the fastest or the smartest but a solid tackler whom is a huge linebacker in the 250+ range, a real banger unlike our little POZ. Edwards I know nothing about, but we can use some depth behind Kelsey and Schobel because Maybin is going outside and Ellis has shown nothing.

Poz goes 240, 6' 1" wouldnt say thats little for a middle guy. I go 5'10 and a whoppin 166, now THERE's a three technique nose for ya.......

The only reasons I can think of is the injury concern and the fact that a lot of Ravens' defensive players production drops off a cliff after thy leave B'more. Edwards is a very solid addition at a reasonable price. But if he got paid like a top DE, it could possible hurt the Bills when they have to talk contract with another player like when Kelsay got paid and they had to re-do Schobel.

Thanks for the assist.

I'm not disagreeing with you CB, but care to back up that statement (bolded)?

I'm trying to think of defensive players who have left Baltimore and all I'm coming up with right now is Jim Leonhard and Bart Scott, both of whom played well last year. Sam Adams still had some good football left in him when he left B'more...

Why do you care how much they paid for him?

Personally I don't. But as a fan who's seen the crappy team he supports overpay for mediocre performance in the near past, I fear more of the same. Dwan Edwards may be a solid player, or he may have been the beneficiary of playing on the Ravens. Edwards has a solid track record and was had for a fair price.

I parroted nothing.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/...e-salary-floor/

We've obtained the salary cap numbers that would apply if the cap were still in place. Based on the numbers, the following franchises are, to date, taking full advantage of the lack of a salary floor: the Chiefs ($79 million), the Buccaneers ($79 million), the Jaguars ($81 million), the Bengals ($85 million), the Cardinals ($91 million), the Rams ($92 million), the Bills ($98 million).

I think its almost a certainty they sign a NT before the draft. As i've stated several times on this board, Nix was very clear about how he was going to handle free agency. He said don't expect any big name players, but more depth type players, and we will build this team through the draft. If nothing else I respect Nix for having a plan, and what appears to be sticking to that plan.

exactly... unless we decide to use Kawika outside but he seems wayyyy to slow. maybin is the wild card. if he has speed (liek they all say) and can learn to cover he might be a huge assett at OLB. but i think mitchell's days are numbered. be nice to get a 6th or 7th for him