Undercover Boss

Just Jack

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I liked it too! Cracked me up when his trash blew out of the bag - LOL.

While Walter's story was touching, he was being completely unreasonable about picking up the papers in 40 mph wind. Hey duechebag, picking up **** that's blowing all over the place and placing it in a flimsy trash bag in those conditions is nearly impossible. Might have been time to find another task for your employee.

Living and working within a mile or so of this place gave it particluar interest to me. Hearing that the office worker (Jackie) might not be able to stay in her $300,000 "dream home" didn't really sit too well with me. She was on local radio last week stating that the show went way out of it's way to embelish her financial plight. She and her husband own their own business to go along with her job. As someone who works 2 jobs 70 hours a week, I felt little sympathy for her. We all have struggles, deal with it. Her boss at the High Acres facility didn't seem particularly excited to give her the promotion the COO was puching for. Perhaps her boss that works with her on a daily basis knows something that the COO doesn't...

Living and working within a mile or so of this place gave it particluar interest to me. Hearing that the office worker (Jackie) might not be able to stay in her $300,000 "dream home" didn't really sit too well with me. She was on local radio last week stating that the show went way out of it's way to embelish her financial plight. She and her husband own their own business to go along with her job. As someone who works 2 jobs 70 hours a week, I felt little sympathy for her. We all have struggles, deal with it. Her boss at the High Acres facility didn't seem particularly excited to give her the promotion the COO was puching for. Perhaps her boss that works with her on a daily basis knows something that the COO doesn't...

The harsh reality is that careers are often made or broken based on quickly formed perceptions held by a key executive. She should ride the hell out of the wave while it lasts.

While Walter's story was touching, he was being completely unreasonable about picking up the papers in 40 mph wind. Hey duechebag, picking up **** that's blowing all over the place and placing it in a flimsy trash bag in those conditions is nearly impossible. Might have been time to find another task for your employee.

I see your point, but on the other hand, if we all skipped doing jobs because it was too windy, or cold, or hot, or raining, etc, some people would always have an excuse and nothing would get done.

One interesting thing I thought was during the reveal, I think it was Walter, wore his WM uniform, rather than street clothes to the office. I wonder if that was all he owned.

I see your point, but on the other hand, if we all skipped doing jobs because it was too windy, or cold, or hot, or raining, etc, some people would always have an excuse and nothing would get done.

One interesting thing I thought was during the reveal, I think it was Walter, wore his WM uniform, rather than street clothes to the office. I wonder if that was all he owned.

I was wondering that too, why he wore his safety vest?? Did you catch that he was on dialysis for the last 19 years?

I'm sure the show is not going to tell the full story--but having a hysterectomy and fighting off 5 kinds of cancer by age 29, supporting like 5 or 6 relatives, and doing the work of 2-3 people on an hourly wage, that is something you've got t have a little sympathy about. There are a lot worse people who get a lot more breaks; she struck me as someone you root for.

cool concept for a show, but like everything these days way to scripted and overproduced. Of course they put him with sympathetic figures and really hard workers. They aren't going to put him with one of the thousands of grubby, foul mouthed guys that surely work those same jobs. It is a giant PR win for the company involved more than anything.

I liked the michael moore show (though i don't like much he does) where he went to people like the CEO of ford and asked him to change the oil on a taurus. He did all the detroit companies, and one of the CEO's was able to do it.

GSI Commerce

you work at GSI? whereabouts? My rep sucks.

King of Prussia.....what is your nature of business with GSI?

cool concept for a show, but like everything these days way to scripted and overproduced. Of course they put him with sympathetic figures and really hard workers. They aren't going to put him with one of the thousands of grubby, foul mouthed guys that surely work those same jobs. It is a giant PR win for the company involved more than anything.

I liked the michael moore show (though i don't like much he does) where he went to people like the CEO of ford and asked him to change the oil on a taurus. He did all the detroit companies, and one of the CEO's was able to do it.

you work at GSI? whereabouts? My rep sucks.

Her boss at the High Acres facility didn't seem particularly excited to give her the promotion the COO was puching for. Perhaps her boss that works with her on a daily basis knows something that the COO doesn't...

Or perhaps he just likes the fact that he found someone he could work into the ground,saving him labor and adding to his bonus. Of course he wasn't happy that the COO made him give her a promotion,now he actually has to staff his facility correctly.