Undercover Boss

Just Jack

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

New episode tonight, 9pm EST, about Hooters

I thought it was lame - seems odd to me that the CEO of the company would not fire a manager that embarrased the chain on national TV. If he is really trying to "improve" the image of Hooters with women he could have started with a manager who obviously has the desire to degrade his female staff.

The other issue he could pay attention to is upgraing the menu. Hooters has some of the worst food there is.

Thought it was funny that he said he was concerned about the company image after getting feedback from a bunch of women saying they thought the place was degrading to women, yet one of the signs in the boardroom as a fake road sign that says BUMPS and shows 2 hills.....

Geezus, it's Hooters! It is supposed to be degrading. If a woman there doesn't want to walk around with her rack hanging out, go to school, get an education, and a real job. She probably wasn't insulted flashing some guy for a $20 tip

I thought it was lame - seems odd to me that the CEO of the company would not fire a manager that embarrased the chain on national TV. If he is really trying to "improve" the image of Hooters with women he could have started with a manager who obviously has the desire to degrade his female staff.

The other issue he could pay attention to is upgraing the menu. Hooters has some of the worst food there is.

Agreed; lame episode. They seemed to concoct the problem of the one female manager being stressed out.

I wonder how much power the CEO has to can the manager at one of the franchises?

I liked it too! Cracked me up when his trash blew out of the bag - LOL.

Some US companies do this. But definitely not enough.

What fascinates me is that a lot of COO are hired with no experience in the field of their new companies. Fisher at Kodak comes to mind. Every place I've ever worked there has always been some BS changes that have come down that were made by someone who has no idea of what they are doing. The higher ups have to do things to justify their salaries so they come up with goofy :bag:

I thought the exact same thing too. Firing him on national TV would have sent a clear message to all of the other managers in the company. What kind of message does it send to his employees that he's still working for the company?

well....let's see....hostile work environment sexual harassment lawsuit. sue the manager and franchise, sue the company as the president was there and looked on and did nothing, and in fact took no significant disciplinary action against the manager or franchise, sue the tv program and station for showing this humiliating power play on national tv without the consent of the women. I could see lots of problems coming from the bean eating game and the companies reaction to it...and from the decision of the tv program people to air it.

The reason why nothing was done was the fact that the restaurants are franchises that are not corporate owned. The CEO could not do anything except call the owner and tell him what is going on. It was up to the the franchise owner of the restuarant to fire him...not the undercover CEO.

Re-watched the episode. During the summary meeting with the other executives before revealing himself, one of the execs said something about legal re-training for Jimbo. So Newmans explanation is correct, they can't fire him, but they can re-train him.

well....let's see....hostile work environment sexual harassment lawsuit. sue the manager and franchise, sue the company as the president was there and looked on and did nothing, and in fact took no significant disciplinary action against the manager or franchise, sue the tv program and station for showing this humiliating power play on national tv without the consent of the women. I could see lots of problems coming from the bean eating game and the companies reaction to it...and from the decision of the tv program people to air it.

I'll bet you anything they all signed release forms.

I'll bet you anything they all signed release forms.

I wonder about that, because they are all employees of the company that agreed to have the workplace filmed, I don't think they have a say in it. And quite frankly, the only one that might not want to be shown was Jimbo.

The reason why nothing was done was the fact that the restaurants are franchises that are not corporate owned. The CEO could not do anything except call the owner and tell him what is going on. It was up to the the franchise owner of the restuarant to fire him...not the undercover CEO.

Good point, but I think the CEO could have threatened to pull his franchise unless he fired him, JMO.

its not a secret....is it? there was a big presentation to all the employees before i got there telling people about it...i am confused...did i reveal some big secret???? psst....7-11 and white castle are the next two episodes......

And today, you broadcast the company name...

Delete your post.

Okay, the 7-11 one got to me a bit...if I owned a company, those are the people I'd want working for me. That guy from Borat country was awesome....I thought what they did for him at the end was a fantastic idea (not talking about the trip).

I like this show!

Hate to be another spoiler here but I hardly think the 7-11 corporation paid for a vacation for the Borat guy like airfare/hotel or whatever. I could see the production company that filmed Undercover Boss pony up the $$$ and allow the CEO to break the good news to him to make the CEO look like some sort of saint. But I hardly think 7-11 paid for the vacation for the guy. I bet you the only thing 7-11 did was to approve a vacation for him so he could use his vacation time that he EARNED to go on this vacation or let him take extra time off UNPAID. Things are not always what they are cracked up to be on reality TV.

One more thing. Don't you love those stupid empty declarations that the CEO makes like...."I want you to work with our PR dept regarding these drawings so you can add to your portfolio." Whooopee....more work for no pay and no promotion into the PR dept. I like the old lady who got a donation by 7-11 for 150 grand for the Kidney foundation...while that is all good...why not come out and give this woman a hefty raise if she is so good that you cannot lose? Think that will happen? NOPE!!

Hate to be another spoiler here but I hardly think the 7-11 corporation paid for a vacation for the Borat guy like airfare/hotel or whatever. I could see the production company that filmed Undercover Boss pony up the $$$ and allow the CEO to break the good news to him to make the CEO look like some sort of saint. But I hardly think 7-11 paid for the vacation for the guy. I bet you the only thing 7-11 did was to approve a vacation for him so he could use his vacation time that he EARNED to go on this vacation or let him take extra time off UNPAID. Things are not always what they are cracked up to be on reality TV.

One more thing. Don't you love those stupid empty declarations that the CEO makes like...."I want you to work with our PR dept regarding these drawings so you can add to your portfolio." Whooopee....more work for no pay and no promotion into the PR dept. I like the old lady who got a donation by 7-11 for 150 grand for the Kidney foundation...while that is all good...why not come out and give this woman a hefty raise if she is so good that you cannot lose? Think that will happen? NOPE!!

Did you miss the part where they gave Borat his own fuggin store?