Undercover Boss

Just Jack

you should read up on the 7-11 ceo....he seems like the kind of person you want running a company...west point grad that seems to care about the way the business is run.....

Hate to be another spoiler here but I hardly think the 7-11 corporation paid for a vacation for the Borat guy like airfare/hotel or whatever. I could see the production company that filmed Undercover Boss pony up the $$$ and allow the CEO to break the good news to him to make the CEO look like some sort of saint. But I hardly think 7-11 paid for the vacation for the guy. I bet you the only thing 7-11 did was to approve a vacation for him so he could use his vacation time that he EARNED to go on this vacation or let him take extra time off UNPAID. Things are not always what they are cracked up to be on reality TV.

One more thing. Don't you love those stupid empty declarations that the CEO makes like...."I want you to work with our PR dept regarding these drawings so you can add to your portfolio." Whooopee....more work for no pay and no promotion into the PR dept. I like the old lady who got a donation by 7-11 for 150 grand for the Kidney foundation...while that is all good...why not come out and give this woman a hefty raise if she is so good that you cannot lose? Think that will happen? NOPE!!

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That dude seems really cool.

I got to wondering where he fits in their corporate chain since he kept referring to himself as one of the owners, not the president/ceo/etc. Can't find a list of thier directors, just this....

12) Who is the CEO?

E. W. (Bill) Ingram became CEO/Chairman of the Board and President in 1992.

http://www.whitecastle.com/faqs

White Castle CEO seemed kind of cheap. What, something like 400 stores world wide and he gives the kid 5,000$? Should have given him a full ride to a culinary school.

• 2 weeks later...
White Castle CEO seemed kind of cheap. What, something like 400 stores world wide and he gives the kid 5,000$? Should have given him a full ride to a culinary school.

Thats what I said right after the show. What the hell is the kid going to do with 5 grand. I mean money is money but if you really want to make a difference in the kids life give him the full shot. Easy to spend someone else money I suppose but it did seem kinda weak. I wasn't crazy about the White Castle guy any way. Seemed like a bit of a putz to me.

I was bored with the Churchill Downs boss. But I think this was the first episode where someone did not tell the boss he was late for work.

It has been renewed for a second season.

This week the boss from GSI Commerce comes lookling for Poojer and finds him hitting on the girl in Human Resources.

I'm just not feeling this show now. Just looks to set up to me. Also, the employees are never the ones that look bad, if someone does look bad its usually a manager. Also, the ceo's are always made to look out of touch. Didn't bother to watch the Churchill Downs one.

Yup, this our week. Be interested to see what people think of our CEO and our company as a whole

I was bored with the Churchill Downs boss. But I think this was the first episode where someone did not tell the boss he was late for work.

It has been renewed for a second season.

This week the boss from GSI Commerce comes lookling for Poojer and finds him hitting on the girl in Human Resources.

anyone watch the show? any feedback on my CEO? other than the obvious 'Danielle' feedback, I am curious to see what people got out of it and how it portrayed my company, GSI

I don't watch this show, or ANY of these shows, but...

I managed to catch some of the GSI episode as my hotel TV had the worst channel lineup ever and I was doing something else at the time, so I didn't bother to switch the channel.

Judging from what I saw, GSI is a really good company and the CEO seems like a genuinely good guy. Of course, this is TV so we should take what we see with a grain of salt.

I didn't get to see the Danielle segment, but you could tell from the summary and the way she talked that she wasn't going to last. That she didn't last is a testament to the company. The others I saw were excellent employees.

Hopefully the CEO learns from this experience and remembers the lessons in the long run. The jobs done at the lower levels are HARD jobs, usually done for low pay. While many people may have the qualifications for those jobs, on paper, very few have the ability/attitude to perform them at a high level over time.

anyone watch the show? any feedback on my CEO? other than the obvious 'Danielle' feedback, I am curious to see what people got out of it and how it portrayed my company, GSI

Seems like an outstanding company, and your CEO was very impressive. The guy looked like he was only 30 years old too.

I thought this was one of the better episodes this year.

The Danielle thing was overblown--if she was really new on the job, then I think you have to cut her some slack or else blame those who trained her.

• 2 weeks later...

Finally catching up on my shows.

I liked your boss. It was the only episode so far that some parts did not feel "rehearsed". For example, the initial board room meetings on every episode it feels like I can hear the director saying "okay, we need some shots of everyone looking shocked when the boss says he's going undercover."

As for the amusment park episode, it seems that one was the most giving at the end out of all the episodes so far.

Jack it's absolutely hilarious you say that.....as you know I am new to the company and this segment was taped/filmed in december....it turns out that the people were not even board members,...they gathered random people to play the part and act surprised..... :lol: ....

but more along the spirit of your thought...what I like is that our ceo is not your typical polished ceo...he is a 37 year old local guy that uses a lot of "ya knows's" etc....but he seems to be a really down to earth guy...i have never met him, but he seems to break the stereo typical mold of ceo's and I know that rubs a lot of people in my immediate area uncomfortable...

all in all, i have received very positive feedback on that particular episode...i am pretty pleased with what i saw and pretty proud of my new company....

thanks for the feedback....

Finally catching up on my shows.

I liked your boss. It was the only episode so far that some parts did not feel "rehearsed". For example, the initial board room meetings on every episode it feels like I can hear the director saying "okay, we need some shots of everyone looking shocked when the boss says he's going undercover."

As for the amusment park episode, it seems that one was the most giving at the end out of all the episodes so far.