Undercover Boss

Just Jack

Jack it's absolutely hilarious you say that.....as you know I am new to the company and this segment was taped/filmed in december....it turns out that the people were not even board members,...they gathered random people to play the part and act surprised..... :lol: ....

Were they still employees, or hired actors?

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Roto-Rooter boss seemed kind of stiff in his dealings with the employees, but made up for it at the end. And Newman mentioned earlier in the thread that CBS may be giving the money for the rewards, I'm believing that more since it seems every episode, someone gets $5K.

The Roto-Rooter boss seemed kind of stiff in his dealings with the employees, but made up for it at the end. And Newman mentioned earlier in the thread that CBS may be giving the money for the rewards, I'm believing that more since it seems every episode, someone gets $5K.

I think it's more of a cap on what the emplyer can give, so that no one looks cheap. CBS isn't shelling out all that cash every episode...

These cant be random people that are selected in a company. There's an agenda in every one of these episodes. "Controlled Reality"

That being said, I did have tears in the eyes last night. I like the premise of the show but cant help think they only do it so their stock prices go up at the end of the day.

These cant be random people that are selected in a company. There's an agenda in every one of these episodes. "Controlled Reality"

One article I read is the producers pre-screen where he goes and who the boss will meet, to get the sob story. But the boss has no idea on what's going on with the employee until they talk during filming.

I didn't get to see the Danielle segment, but you could tell from the summary and the way she talked that she wasn't going to last. That she didn't last is a testament to the company. The others I saw were excellent employees.

Is Danielle the fat tattooed lesbian? They were really hyping that segment in the promo. I was interested to hear how it played out. I can understand how a CEO never wants to hear, "We can't make her happy" but having dealt in the service industry for a while now, some people are just miserable SOB's that aren't worth you time. JMHO...

Is Danielle the fat tattooed lesbian? They were really hyping that segment in the promo. I was interested to hear how it played out.

In the end during the little "what has happened since" if I remember, they simply said she was no longer with the company. I think Poojer hooked up with her and that's why she left.

• 1 year later...

New season started Sunday, with Diamond Resorts International CEO. Man, was this guy out of touch with the common worker. Has his wife pack his bags, his wife even said she doesn't think he even owns a hammer. Uses his private jet to go to the various locations. Has his bodyguard/driver check out the extended stay motel, not up to his standards, so they hit the 5-star and get a suite, where the bodyguard lays out his personal protection items on the nightstand. But I think it's the episode with the most money given to the employees.

New season started Sunday, with Diamond Resorts International CEO. Man, was this guy out of touch with the common worker. Has his wife pack his bags, his wife even said she doesn't think he even owns a hammer. Uses his private jet to go to the various locations. Has his bodyguard/driver check out the extended stay motel, not up to his standards, so they hit the 5-star and get a suite, where the bodyguard lays out his personal protection items on the nightstand. But I think it's the episode with the most money given to the employees.

Yes you are right. This is also a CEO or corporate most out of touch with his company. All of the problems that he discovered can be traced back to corporate not running a tighter ship and being aware what problems exist at each location. The onsite manager should be aware of these issues and fixing them immediately (sanding bathrooms with no electric tools and improper breathing masks) or reporting them up the ladder for corporate to deal with (manual system at front desk). They should all have the same computerized front desk systems, and the data flowing up to corporate for review. Overbooking is definately a corporate issue. After seeing how his company is run, I wouldn't buy into Diamond Resorts International.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Since the switch to Friday nights, I'm not catching it until a few days later online....

In the past two weeks, both bosses (Yankee Candle, Taylor Made) have been outed by their employees. Taylor Made, his "disguise" was ridiculous. Basically shaved his head, he already had a crew cut, so it wasn't much different than his original look. No surprise his employees at the factory figured out who he was. I think this may be the last season for the show.

Since the switch to Friday nights, I'm not catching it until a few days later online....

In the past two weeks, both bosses (Yankee Candle, Taylor Made) have been outed by their employees. Taylor Made, his "disguise" was ridiculous. Basically shaved his head, he already had a crew cut, so it wasn't much different than his original look. No surprise his employees at the factory figured out who he was. I think this may be the last season for the show.

I saw the Taylor Made one...I sort of feel like it's the same thing every week. I don't know what the ratings are, but I've lost interest in this one. It was a great idea for a show, though. I enjoyed it previously.