Pro Football Weekly: Lynch's Days in Buffalo may be Numbered

FluffHead

Some team might give us $20 for Lynch.

Seriously, his value is no higher than Travis Henry's was and we got a 3rd rounder in the following year's draft. At this point, it's not worth having him around if someone gives us a 3rd in the 2011 draft. IF the story is correct & he's not well liked in the locker room he shouldn't be kept around. If it's not, then he can return. Either way the team needs to draft a RB in the 5th round area.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Heres the deal with lynch. Off field issues, not seeing the hole all that well, was said to have good hands out of the backfield which I havent seen and poor team character may spell the end for him. I still remember a game this season where we were getting our asses kicked and lynch was on the sideline laughing and joking. That still doesnt sit well with me. Am I the only one whiocaught that or sees a problem with it?

Here is the really real deal. Since we are so thin at RB and FJ is 30. We will need to have Lynch's replacement on the team before we ship him anywhere. Think of the Eagles QB situation, their replacement is already there. It would be foolish to act otherwise. We need to have 3 RB's that can potentially start.

We keep him this year and lets see what happens from there.

Would like to see the Bills get serious about a lot of things prior to releasing Lynch.

I would like to see the Bills with a better plan on acquiring players as well as a plan for releasing players.

Besides I know the Patriots will be smacking their chops to pick up Lynch.

As for the sideline demeanor I don't care because it's not indicative of what's on the field.

If we are winning players on the sidelines can smile and laugh. If we are losing no sideline laughter is allowed???

I focus more on the on field embarrassment than the sidelines but I understand your frustration.

I get more pissed when TE blows and easy pass and then smiles and starts clapping his hands like "don't worry we'll get em on the next play".

He's done (one year wonder). Lucky to get a 7th round pick for him. Guys like him are a dime a dozen anyway.

Exactly. Just because he's yet another first round disaster for the Bills doesn't make his trade value any higher than any other average RB with major character issues who lost his starting job to an UDFA.

Some team might give us $20 for Lynch.

Seriously, his value is no higher than Travis Henry's was and we got a 3rd rounder in the following year's draft. At this point, it's not worth having him around if someone gives us a 3rd in the 2011 draft. IF the story is correct & he's not well liked in the locker room he shouldn't be kept around. If it's not, then he can return. Either way the team needs to draft a RB in the 5th round area.

And sign a UFA RB. I like Justin Griffith as a possibility as a power back to replace Lynch. He's a tailback converted to fullback who can catch the ball, runs hard, and doesn't have much mileage on him.

obviously your one play away from not having a good RB if Freddie goes down. I would hold on to him for two reasons 1) he's a damn good back when given enough carries 2) Chan will put in a power running game as always and Lynch is the best option to carry the mail. I think Fred is going to be the number two in Chan's offense. Although personally I like Fred better

obviously your one play away from not having a good RB if Freddie goes down. I would hold on to him for two reasons 1) he's a damn good back when given enough carries 2) Chan will put in a power running game as always and Lynch is the best option to carry the mail. I think Fred is going to be the number two in Chan's offense. Although personally I like Fred better

I don't care if we can't get a 2nd, 3rd, or whatever. If the guy's a cancer on the squad, get rid of him - even if it means cutting him outright. He's not that good. I admit, he's got a powerful set of legs, and if he has a head of steam, can drag defenders for the extra yardage, but otherwise, he's useless, or maybe less than useless.

His problem is that he thinks he's Barry Sanders and can use his juke moves to create a hole. Think of that Slinky toy you had as kid that eventually got all bent and twisted up. Now think what it looked like if you tried to get it to do the stair-walking trick. That's about what Marshawn Lynch looks like standing in the backfield with LBs converging.

I wonder if we can get his mama to secretly throw him in the trash while he's busy at school. Like those busted childhood toys from our formative years, he'd never be missed.

Here is the really real deal. Since we are so thin at RB and FJ is 30. We will need to have Lynch's replacement on the team before we ship him anywhere. Think of the Eagles QB situation, their replacement is already there. It would be foolish to act otherwise. We need to have 3 RB's that can potentially start.

Would like to see the Bills get serious about a lot of things prior to releasing Lynch.

I would like to see the Bills with a better plan on acquiring players as well as a plan for releasing players.

As for the sideline demeanor I don't care because it's not indicative of what's on the field.

If we are winning players on the sidelines can smile and laugh. If we are losing no sideline laughter is allowed???

I focus more on the on field embarrassment than the sidelines but I understand your frustration.

I get more pissed when TE blows and easy pass and then smiles and starts clapping his hands like "don't worry we'll get em on the next play".

Demeanor is huge in sports! Its called a winning attitude. Something he just doesnt have and many others on the roster as well. RB's in the league are a dime a dozen and lynch is easily replaceable. I agree its an embrassment what we have seen on the field, but the sidelines does translate to the field. Having your mind in the right place before you go and execute on the field is HUGE! Have you ever played sports and have to get yourself in that special place called the zone??

True Lynch isn't going anywhere as long as he won't fetch more then a 3rd (If that). Lynch is young you don't sell low on the kid espically when we don't have a replacement lined up for him. Its a 2 back league and Lynch has real good potential that he showed in his 1st 2 years here. Bottom line Lynch plus Jackson behind a O-line that drafts a top LT and gets back Wood and Butler and it creates a power running game.

If what the article says is true then I would give it an 80% chance he's gone. Gailey knows he probably has three years to do his job without worry. It sounds like it would be an off field addition by subtraction situation.

Also, assuming the article is accurate, the Bills have a guy who is not a locker room favorite, is one transgression away from a one year suspension and is coming off a 450 yard season. If the Bills get a fourth rounder I'll be surprised. A 5th round pick is more likely, IMO.

What would be really cool is if the Bills were able to trade him to the Faders for Michael Bush. :wallbash: I'd even be happy to see them trade Lynch and a sixth rounder for Michael Bush.

I highly doubt the Bills will trade him to NE.

A player should be pissed, embarrassed and focused during a loss. Laughing isn't a sign of any of those things. You should be able to hear a pin drop in the locker room after a loss, JMO.

What TE is doing is exactly what he should be doing as a leader. Forget the last play and have a positive attitude about the next. JMO

What would you prefer to see him do?

I take the article as complete speculation. There are also cmments that do not seem to ring true. For example, it says lynch is not liked in the locker room. I do not believe this based on comments made by his teammates. It also says he showed up out of shape after the suspension. Remember he was in for all of camp and preseason so this would seem a bit far fetched.

I am not a fan of Lynch's behavior. If he can grow up some and return to form on the field he is a keeper. If he continues to do stupid things and acts like a spoiled child ... goodbye.

What were you watching this past season? Lynch was horrible most of the time. He plays like he doesn't care, and has absolutely no vision in finding holes. If we can get a 2 or even a high 3 for him, we need to get rid of him. The guy is tough, but has no burst or wiggle. There are many guys we can replace him with in the league and out of the league right now. Lynch is just a "guy". Nothing special. I would much rather have a Pierre Thomas type back than Marshawn.

I agree with your assessment, but why would an organization give up such a good pick (2/3) for such a slug?

I don't see anything special in him whatsoever. Compound this with the off field escapades, I'd let him walk for less.

its a two back league boys and lynch is a beast when he gets a block or two. I think he's a funny f*ck and adds some personality to this team. Stop hatin. Also he has been nothing but supportive to Freddy and they have a great working relationship

Spiller?! Sounds like the guy will have fumbling problems. :wallbash:

C. J. Spiller is fun to watch. He is a good runner, very fast and has some wiggle.

He also is outstanding at returning kicks. No doubt, the top RB in this draft.

He may not even make it to #9. There are bigger needs for sure, but, C.J. Spiller

is a very talented RB. Spiller the Thriller.

If you don't get a 2 keep him, moving him for anything else is dumb. FJax is 30 and he'd be the only RB we'd have.

Look at what's happend to that nice kid that came to Buffalo with his Mama? What a waste.

I would take a 2 in a heartbeat; or trade straight up for a known player that could us somewhere. More tough choices for Buddy and Chan.

My opinion has consistently been to keep him and have two solid RBs. This is the first I have heard that he is not liked in the locker room. Doesn't surprise me though. Another "character guy" that really isn't.