Pro Football Weekly: Lynch's Days in Buffalo may be Numbered

FluffHead

I don't care if we can't get a 2nd, 3rd, or whatever. If the guy's a cancer on the squad, get rid of him - even if it means cutting him outright. He's not that good. I admit, he's got a powerful set of legs, and if he has a head of steam, can drag defenders for the extra yardage, but otherwise, he's useless, or maybe less than useless.

His problem is that he thinks he's Barry Sanders and can use his juke moves to create a hole. Think of that Slinky toy you had as kid that eventually got all bent and twisted up. Now think what it looked like if you tried to get it to do the stair-walking trick. That's about what Marshawn Lynch looks like standing in the backfield with LBs converging.

I wonder if we can get his mama to secretly throw him in the trash while he's busy at school. Like those busted childhood toys from our formative years, he'd never be missed.

So you don't like him? :(

The biggest issue in losing him is having to replace him.

We need a QB and a LT. We have very little LB talent. We are supposedly switching to a 3-4 but do not have the lineman to do it.

Now add RB to our list of holes.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Since the NFL is more of a passing league now, running backs don't command the premium that they used to.

But you still need two decent backs to really be effective. I think the Bills will look to trade him if they can, but

they're not going to just let him go for nothing. If they can't get what they want in a trade, he'll stay until his contract is

up. The days of the super high profile running back are over at least for now. I would think that the only way the team will dump him is if he gets into some more serious trouble, which seems to be a distinct possibility.

Dear OBD: Please stop with the endless running back carousel and frittering away of first round draft picks! My God. Keep Lynch as a 1-2 punch backup that many good teams have and put up with his punk attitude. EVERY team has at least one of those. We already have too many holes to fill why would we want to add another. Simply Unbelievable. Travis Henry-Willis Mcgahee-Marshawn Lynch.Its one of the reason this team can never get ahead.

Unless he is a huge disruption, why not keep him? Not far removed from some good seasons. Wish he could catch a swing pass jus once though.

While I think he is talented, and would be good replacement in case of injury, not sure he make sense as a backup. He is type that needs carries to be effective, so if keep both backs, either you start Lynch and give him allot of carries, or you just bench him and use him as your starter in case of injury, since he doesn't seem to be affective when not getting a chance to get into the flow, and not really suited to be a 3rd down back either.

Skills wise Freddie is perfectly suited to be a change of pace/3rd down back, and doesn't need a lot of carries to be affective. Is a smaller scat type back so actually is more effective if comes in fresh later in games when defense is step slower. However it is tough to keep him from starters role when he has been so good when in it.

I still would prefer to see lynch start and be given enough caries to get into flow, and wear the defense down first, the go to Freddie later, but if not going to give Lynch enough carries, just leave him on the bench as he is more of an old school type that gets better as game goes along type.

It rumors or true, and they are going to a spread type offense, then think have to go with Freddie as your main back, and look at picking up another 3rd down type back that is a good pass blocker, as neither one is very good at that, and the weakness of the spread offense is defenses can send more than you can block, so it is vital the RB can pass block well enough to give QB enough time to get the ball out.

Demeanor is huge in sports! Its called a winning attitude. Something he just doesnt have and many others on the roster as well. RB's in the league are a dime a dozen and lynch is easily replaceable. I agree its an embrassment what we have seen on the field, but the sidelines does translate to the field. Having your mind in the right place before you go and execute on the field is HUGE! Have you ever played sports and have to get yourself in that special place called the zone??

Every player has to have their mind in the right place before they go out there. But whether a player is smiling or not on the sidelines doesn't necessarily have anything to do with his will to win, Some probowl players are very intense on the sidelines and some aren't. Who is to say one has a stronger will to win. If you have played sports and actually gone into a zone or witnessed someone that has, they are often laughing and joking because everything is going their way.

....If good running backs are dime a dozen, why do we have such a hard time getting one. Lets get another one of these dime a dozen pro bowler RB's on our team first before we let one go. Why increase our needs and we have many, by releasing a RB that is one year removed from a probowl. As much as I hate Lynch's stupidity off field I love his toughness on field. He runs every run as if it were his last. He is not easy to bring down and for quite some time he seemed to be the only Bill that played with heart. I would keep him and insist he comes to camp in shape. I would also draft a RB as well.

Man, I was so excited when we drafted Lynch...I was like hec yeah, we found ourselves a RB! I fear his days are indeed numbered. Sad. :(

I think many here including myself that he was going our franchise back. However, it is not over until it is over.

Yeah... I mean, at 23, this guy has had it. I mean I know I never made any poor decisions when I was 23.

Half of the people here were riding Beast Mode nuts a year ago...now everybody has had it with Lynch, and all of his antics, which are blown out of proportion (minus gun incident.)

We could trade him, or release him or any of the other brilliant ideas suggested by the intolerant, short sighted, fickle posters on here... but the good news is we have a good GM, and assessing the situation will probably not decide to create another hole on a team that has too many to begin with.

I like the one-year-wonder thing, too. He ran for over 1,000 yards his first two seasons...he, also showed dramatic improvement the second half of the year. He added weight in the off-season, which clearly didn't work for him. 5 will get you 10 he drops about 15 lbs this off-season, and if a monster next year.

A 30 year old back, with no back up...so we draft a replacement? The best answer to that was Spiller at #9, WTF??? Yeah, forget the LT/QB/LB debate...let's draft a !@#$ing RB at #9...and a CB in Rnd 2.

I don't know if Lynch did something personally to half of you, or what, but he is a talented back. He is experiencing some growing pains, which I'm sure you never did. He also, just so happens, to fit Gailey's ideal offensive plan to a T. So, a 7th rounder for him should suffice, right?

It's no wonder he is a jerk to people when they harass him at the mall...

Yeah... I mean, at 23, this guy has had it. I mean I know I never made any poor decisions when I was 23.

Half of the people here were riding Beast Mode nuts a year ago...now everybody has had it with Lynch, and all of his antics, which are blown out of proportion (minus gun incident.)

We could trade him, or release him or any of the other brilliant ideas suggested by the intolerant, short sighted, fickle posters on here... but the good news is we have a good GM, and assessing the situation will probably not decide to create another hole on a team that has too many to begin with.

I like the one-year-wonder thing, too. He ran for over 1,000 yards his first two seasons...he, also showed dramatic improvement the second half of the year. He added weight in the off-season, which clearly didn't work for him. 5 will get you 10 he drops about 15 lbs this off-season, and if a monster next year.

A 30 year old back, with no back up...so we draft a replacement? The best answer to that was Spiller at #9, WTF??? Yeah, forget the LT/QB/LB debate...let's draft a !@#$ing RB at #9...and a CB in Rnd 2.

I don't know if Lynch did something personally to half of you, or what, but he is a talented back. He is experiencing some growing pains, which I'm sure you never did. He also, just so happens, to fit Gailey's ideal offensive plan to a T. So, a 7th rounder for him should suffice, right?

It's no wonder he is a jerk to people when they harass him at the mall...

He is not THAT talented. He is above average on a good day. He does not consistently find a hole and run straight thru it. As far as NFL caliber running backs are concerned, he is middle of the pack at best. You want talented, watch Ray Rice or Chris Johnson-that is TALENT. The excuse about him being 23 and suffering growing pains is BS. The guy makes dumb decisions and gets in trouble on a pretty regular basis. He has no idea how to act like a professional. If you are a superstar, it will be tolerated. If you are another "guy" which is all he is and will ever be, get rid of him for the best deal possible. We haven't won anything with any of the guys on this roster. So as far as I am concerned, (and management should feel the same way) NOONE is near untouchable on this roster. If it were up to me, I would turn over two thirds of our current roster.

He is another thug from the hood that is over hyped as hell. He is another wasted first round draft pick. We can find a good backup in later rounds, hell our best RB wasn't even close to being a first round pick! RB's (minus the exceptions like peterson) are a dime a dozen.

Ummmm...I believe he's referring to this year's best back- Fred Jackson.

If he meant all-time best, that would be Thurman. OJ was the prettiest pure runner I've ever seen, but he was only average in the blocking and receiving dept. Thurman was still the best overall back ever to wear a Bills uniform.