Duffs or Anchor Bar?

BillsFanNC

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since the question is which are better, Duffs or Anchor Bar's, I have to go with Duffs!

They are not the best in Buffalo, but they are definately better than the Anchor Bar's wings which I don't think are very good.

The Bar Bill in East Aurora!

+1

I was told the difference for them is that they brush the sauce on their wings after they cook them instead of shaking them. Somehow it makes a big difference and allows their wings to stand out against all the rest in the Buffalo area. Their roast beef sandwiches are amazing too.

As for the topic argument, Duffs for me no contest.

I can say from a LOT of experience I have never had a non-crispy wing from Duffs. Of course, I order them Extra Crispy wherever I go. I like Duffs sauce and their fearlessness when it comes to Extra Hot (or whatever they call their stupid-hot wings these days). They aren't the best wings I have ever had, but they have always been far better than Anchor Bar, IMO. La Nova is average in everything they make, IMO. Average wings and slightly below average pizza.

Some think they put too much sauce on the wings. I get that. But if you just want less sauce, order them that way. It isn't hard to order things the way you want them. If the place doesn't fulfill your special request, then you have a complaint.

Some of my favorite wing places are no longer around. Tally Ho in Niagara Falls may have made my all-time favorite wings. They have been gone for years. Rudy's on Millersport Highway was a fantastic place for many years, too. RIP Rudy's.

I think Mister Dee's on Beach Road in Cheektowaga makes some of the best wings and beef-on-wecks and fish frys in the world. Maybe not THE best, but damn close. And they are consistent. The rest of the food on the menu is very good, too.

you have to order extra crispy outside of Buffalo- i tell the guy- when you think they are done - leave them in an extra minute and then they will be done right

Nope Coopers in Llano is where it is at.

Hmm...don't get to Llano often (never) but I will keep that in mind... brisket from Kreutz, and sausage from the Salt Lick (Driftwood, TX) would be heaven to me... what is Coopers best meat?

Gabriel's Gate

Good Call. They've always been very good whenever I have had them. Only problem I remember is they really don't have killer-hot wings. Sometimes I really need the suicidal experience.

you have to order extra crispy outside of Buffalo- i tell the guy- when you think they are done - leave them in an extra minute and then they will be done right

No question. Some places I think an extra 5 minutes might be in order. :thumbsup:

But I order them extra crispy everywhere just to be clear, just as I now always order my pizza "well done".

Hmm...don't get to Llano often (never) but I will keep that in mind... brisket from Kreutz, and sausage from the Salt Lick (Driftwood, TX) would be heaven to me... what is Coopers best meat?

Have to second the motion for Salt Lick. :w00t: I can still taste the sauce 20yrs later. Mmmm. :thumbsup:

Depends on personal preference but I would guess most would say sausage.

here's the break down in the loyal one's view:

anchor bar- great tasting SAUCES. they also get points for the history of the place. i've found their wings to be small and on the greasy side.

duff's- gets points for having a better atmosphere and being around the corner from my house :w00t:. only problems i've had with duff's is that their hottest isnt very hot to me, and alot of the time, their wings are swimming in sauce.

if a winner is being chosen between these two, it's duff's for sure.

now, if i was asked who has the best wings in wny, it's BAR BILL in east aurora. their wings are always a good size, they have great flavors(hot & spicy bbq is awesome), and the wings are ALWAYS cooked perfectly.

2 times at Anchor Bar and both times the wings were under cooked. Pink on the inside. Never again.

For the DIY crowd, try Franks with 1 tablespoon butter (per cup of Franks), and heat on stove just below a boil for about 20 minutes. The sauce will thicken and stick to the wings like ketchup.

I live in North Tonawanda, so I usually stick around the area when ordering pizza, wings, beef on weck, etc. From my experience, Duff's is better than Anchor Bar, but if I'm in the mood for wings I usually never go to these places. North Tonawanda has a few places with unbelievable wings that not many people probably know about.

Klimek's Tavern (on Oliver St.)- not much variety in sauces/flavors, but their regular Hot wings are amazing. They always make 'em nice and crispy and the wings are always very consistent. Cheap too.

Dwyer's Irish Pub (Webster St., directly next to Riviera Theatre)- They have many sauces/flavors and the wings are usually very consistent. Their cajun hot wings are to die for. They also have 25 cent wings 4-8 everyday and during all Sabres games, as well as $1.50 23-oz PBR during the games. So let's just say I'm usually cheering on the Sabs with a nice PBR and some Cajun Hot wings. ;)

I live in North Tonawanda, so I usually stick around the area when ordering pizza, wings, beef on weck, etc. From my experience, Duff's is better than Anchor Bar, but if I'm in the mood for wings I usually never go to these places. North Tonawanda has a few places with unbelievable wings that not many people probably know about.

Klimek's Tavern (on Oliver St.)- not much variety in sauces/flavors, but their regular Hot wings are amazing. They always make 'em nice and crispy and the wings are always very consistent. Cheap too.

Dwyer's Irish Pub (Webster St., directly next to Riviera Theatre)- They have many sauces/flavors and the wings are usually very consistent. Their cajun hot wings are to die for. They also have 25 cent wings 4-8 everyday and during all Sabres games, as well as $1.50 23-oz PBR during the games. So let's just say I'm usually cheering on the Sabs with a nice PBR and some Cajun Hot wings. :beer:

Damn, good deal <_<

IMO, North Tonawanda has always been a very good party town. Sounds like it is still going strong. :beer:

Pizza Junction still good?