Anybody consider Kellen Clemens?

Clemens is one free agent qb I think the Bills should go after if they can't get Bradford or Claussen in Round 1. I was really impressed with Clemens as a starter with the Jets and I was surprised when they drafted Sanchez. Looked to me like Clemens was gonna be a solid starter for years. He comes from a cold weather college team in Oregon and he seems be a tough competitor with good arm strength. He would probably love to come to Buffalo and face the Jets twice a year. He's a free agent so we would not have to give up anybody for him. I really think this could be a better option than giving up some prime picks for McNabb whose career is clearly on the downside. We can not afford to give up draft picks.

Clemens is one free agent qb I think the Bills should go after if they can't get Bradford or Claussen in Round 1. I was really impressed with Clemens as a starter with the Jets and I was surprised when they drafted Sanchez. Looked to me like Clemens was gonna be a solid starter for years. He comes from a cold weather college team in Oregon and he seems be a tough competitor with good arm strength. He would probably love to come to Buffalo and face the Jets twice a year. He's a free agent so we would not have to give up anybody for him. I really think this could be a better option than giving up some prime picks for McNabb whose career is clearly on the downside. We can not afford to give up draft picks.

Clemens is a RFA and the Bills would have to give up draft choices for him.

What impressed you? Before the Jets drafted Sanchez I thought Clemens had a good shot of playing his way out of the NFL if he had ended up the Jets starter. The guy is worse than JP.

You're smoking crack if you think Clemens is worse than Losman. That's laughable.

What impressed you? Before the Jets drafted Sanchez I thought Clemens had a good shot of playing his way out of the NFL if he had ended up the Jets starter. The guy is worse than JP.

I remember him from his college years, and there was just something about the way he played with the Jets that impressed me. His competitiveness, strong arm and experience in colder weather are traits I like. He is not from Calif. and has traits that Trent lacks. Not saying he would be the next star qb, but I think he could be worth a look compared to other free agents. My first choice is to grab Bradford or Claussen in Round 1, but I'm not impressed with other draft prospects or free agents.

No! There is a reason why the Jets moved up to draft another quarterback when they had him on their roster. He has pretty much sucked the majority of the time that he has played.

Your a freaking wack job if you really want ths never has been. Id rather have my little sister out there! :)

Also sick of people talking about McNabb or TO or any old guy that will delay the process any more. Get a QB and stick with him already!

Orton's restricted as well, doubt they're willing to give up 1st and 3rd round picks for a journeyman QB.

No way the Bills would give up a 1st and a 3rd for somebody like Orton

Now a first and a fourth on the other hand we'd be willing to give up for Rob Johnson :)

He's my number one choice... I've always liked him and I think he got screwed in NY (new decision makers and coaches)..

After watching him live in Toronto, after Sanchez got knocked out.......absolutely not. The guy could not even successfully throw the ball past the line of scrimmage with any confidence at all. The Jets gave him the opportunity to throw on a crtitcal thrid down and he held onto the ball for about 6 seconds was sacked from behind, fumbled, and lost the ball. I don't think the Jets called another pass play the enitre game and there was roughly a full quarter left. If you're looking for 5, 6, and 7 win seasons than maybe you consider Clemens. If you're looking to field a competitve team with a shot at the playoffs year in and year out, steer way clear of Clemens.

He also has small hands (JP losman like), resulting in an unusual number of fumbles, especially when hit from the blind side. His pocket presence in the 2nd half of the Bills game was utterly miserable.

He's my number one choice... I've always liked him and I think he got screwed in NY (new decision makers and coaches)..

Here we go again...bum QB can't cut it as a starter in the NFL & "The Coaches Screwed Him" Insert bum QB of choice here _________________. Clemens was so bad 2 years ago with the Jets & Mangini that he was already out of contention for the starter's job. 1st the Jets, who were afraid of Pennington's injury history were still going to start Pennington over him, then when Favre was traded for & Pennington cut, Clemens got a reprieve & was still #2, even though he wasn't even the 2nd best QB on the roster. I watched the Jets preseason games & Ratliff totally outplayed Clemens-that's probably why Mangini wanted Ratliff in the Sanchez trade. Then when Ryan came in the Jets did everything possible to make sure everyone knew Clemens was not their QB of the present or future. There's nothing Clemens has done as a Jet to make anyone who has seen him play think he can be a starter in this league-especially the guys who see him every day-the Jets coaching staff.

Maybe it's time for "the coaches screwed him" bunch to figure out 1) The coaches see these guys a lot more than any of us. 2) The coaches know more about evaluating talent than any of us

I remember seeing several of his starts in 2007 -- really the only year he's played in the NFL. He was not impressive at all. I think the Jets were doing everything they could to transition the job from Pennington to Clemens, but he just didn't step up. That's why they went out and got Favre in '08.

Here we go again...bum QB can't cut it as a starter in the NFL & "The Coaches Screwed Him" Insert bum QB of choice here _________________. Clemens was so bad 2 years ago with the Jets & Mangini that he was already out of contention for the starter's job. 1st the Jets, who were afraid of Pennington's injury history were still going to start Pennington over him, then when Favre was traded for & Pennington cut, Clemens got a reprieve & was still #2, even though he wasn't even the 2nd best QB on the roster. I watched the Jets preseason games & Ratliff totally outplayed Clemens-that's probably why Mangini wanted Ratliff in the Sanchez trade. Then when Ryan came in the Jets did everything possible to make sure everyone knew Clemens was not their QB of the present or future. There's nothing Clemens has done as a Jet to make anyone who has seen him play think he can be a starter in this league-especially the guys who see him every day-the Jets coaching staff.

Maybe it's time for "the coaches screwed him" bunch to figure out 1) The coaches see these guys a lot more than any of us. 2) The coaches know more about evaluating talent than any of us

Thank you. The fact that Clemens would even be suggested as a viable option makes me question what other people could possibly see in the guy. We've had crap QB's the last 13 years....let's not keep going down the same path, at least make it look like you're trying to get it right.

Yes, I have considered him---I consider him a horrible QB...

never gave it any thought. he didn't exactly have a great showing as a jet, though he has a decent skill set. doubt they'd part with him at this point in Sanchise's career. in addition, not sure we want to develop a team around him. seems a lot like tyler thigpen to me.

Here's a list of the UFA QBs in 2010

Chad Pennington, Miami Dolphins (34)

Charlie Batch, Pittsburgh Steelers (35)

Kyle Boller, St. Louis Rams (29)

David Carr, New York Giants (31)

Daunte Culpepper, Detroit Lions (33)

Rex Grossman, Houston Texans (30)

Joey Harrington, New Orleans Saints (31)

Jon Kitna, Dallas Cowboys (37)

Chris Redman, Atlanta Falcons (33)

That's a big pile of "no thank you". I suppose I could see Pennington as a one year stop gap if they drafted Clausen/Bradford, if he were healthy (big assumption).

A J-E-T-S cast off.NFW ever :censored:

if i were going to take a flyer on any of them, it would be grossman. he throws a nice deep ball. and when he preps properly he can mamage a game. his issue in chicago was maturity, if he's grown up some he could be a legit starter. certainly better than anything we currently have

Orton's restricted as well, doubt they're willing to give up 1st and 3rd round picks for a journeyman QB.

You mean the same Orton who threw for almost 4,000 yards last season, and nearly 3,000 the previous year?? I could care less about Clemens and think he is a bum. But Orton is much better then people give him credit for.

You mean the same Orton who threw for almost 4,000 yards last season, and nearly 3,000 the previous year?? I could care less about Clemens and think he is a bum. But Orton is much better then people give him credit for.

Kyle Orten "highlights"

Just say "NO" to Orten

I remember him from his college years, and there was just something about the way he played with the Jets that impressed me. His competitiveness, strong arm and experience in colder weather are traits I like. He is not from Calif. and has traits that Trent lacks. Not saying he would be the next star qb, but I think he could be worth a look compared to other free agents. My first choice is to grab Bradford or Claussen in Round 1, but I'm not impressed with other draft prospects or free agents.

I remember him from his college years too. He was average at best and didn't show enough to be the clear-cut starter over Jason Fife at Oregon. He would be a disaster as a starter, and will be a career backup IMO.

naw ill pass on clemens..

mike vick

donovan mcnabb

troy smith

jason campbell

travaris jackson

kyle orton

are all better vet qbs...

kellens is not even on the radar plus he's not mobile enuff for chan's system and behind our sucky o-line...

Jackson is the only one that interests me. He has a big arm.

OHH HELL NO!