Beerball

When Beerball recovers it's going to be nice for him to see all the support he's getting from his friends in this thread. Looking forward to that. :thumbsup:

Word to that! Absolutely. He means a lot to this place. It might look like all we do here is make smartass remarks--well, ok, that is all we do, but it's fun and that makes it important. Beerball makes it fun.

• Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's today's journal entry from his wife;

Friday, January 29, 2010 8:38 AM, CST

I got back to the hospital around 6:45, in time to talk to the wonderful Kim, John's night nurse who was just going off duty. She said that I hadn't missed anything....everything was the same. Good news...the fever is under control finally.

A little bit ago they reduced the sedation to check John's response. He opened his eyes and looked right at me when I spoke! He gave good, firm had squeezes when asked.

One thing I learned from the neurologsist, Dr. Reuben, is that killing the bacteria is usually not a problem. The drugs do that just fine. The problem is that when the bacteria die, they release toxins which can harm the brain. Just a little science lesson there for you kids :D

He was pretty blunt about the complications that can result...hearing loss, vision loss, cognitive (thinking) difficulties. we will deal with that as it comes. For now, he's responding, breathing, and comfortable. That's enough.

I agree, that is one of the best uses of the intertubes I've seen to date. I wish I'd known about it when my mom was sick.

Yup. An acquaintance started a page when his young son sustained a serious head injury, and kept it up for seven months to chronicle his recovery. Great setup.