Beerball

• Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

awesome to hear the great news in the updates...keep it up beerball, and you too mrs. beerball.

special thanks to Steely, Lori, Aussie et al for keeping the updates and the caringbridge(?) links at the forefront so we don't have to work too hard to get the info :thumbdown:

awesome to hear the great news in the updates...keep it up beerball, and you too mrs. beerball.

special thanks to Steely, Lori, Aussie et al for keeping the updates and the caringbridge(?) links at the forefront so we don't have to work too hard to get the info :thumbdown:

Thanks, here's another;

Evening Update:

We didn't get to move him to the 4th floor but it's just because they didn't have an available room. Hoping for tomorrow. The ICU nurses say the 4th floor rooms are super deluxe....there's even a reclining chair for the attending family member. Looking forward to that!

John did a LOT of walking today. The physical therapist had him stand on one foot and other little tests. He passed with flying colors. While we were strolling the corridor, I asked John what the last thing was he remembered when this all started. He said, "Driving to the hospital." I said, "Yeah, in the ambulance" and he shook his head "No, I drove here in my car." Uh, no.

Good thing I have evidence. For some bizarre reason I decided to film 12 seconds worth of me driving, following the ambulance. Why would somebody do that? I must've been in deep shock.

Thanks to Brandon for bringing me snacks and to Hal, Cindy, and Kierstin for bringing me dinner. I hear from Liz that our neighbors delivered food too. So wonderful.

John read his cards today...yeah!

Woops, gotta run...a room on 4 just became available and we are "movin' on up" (dating myself). Love ya people.

This has fast become my all time favorite thread on TSW.

Why?

It has shined a light on the strength of the community that lies beneath the surface of this message board.

This thread has shined an even brighter light on the Beerball family as they have coped with a health emergency that would have left a lesser family decimated. They "circled the wagons" around Beerball- with abundant love, strength and humor in such amounts that I have to tell you Beerball- you are one of the most fortunate men I know.

Cheers to your continued recovery! :thumbdown:

OUTSTANDING!!!! And a famous "Lets go Buffalo" tribute to all members

of the Beerball family!!

I'm thinking of making some food to take up to the hospital. I heard that Beerball really likes Ritatta. Does anyone have the recipe?

:thumbdown:

I would hope his recovery would be complete prior to the stated preparation time required for a full Rettatta dish

And the latest update:

You know things are back to normal when you can take time to clean the cat box and empty the dishwasher. I picked up a small dish we don't use very often and realized that I couldn't reach the high shelf where it belongs. Then I realized that it didn't matter....I could save it for my tall husband. Big exhale here.

We were all out of underwear so I threw in a load. If you know us, you know that John is Mr. Laundry in our house. He hates how I do it (I don't read labels and I often forget to move stuff to the dryer in a timely manner ;}). The usual powder detergent wasn't there, just some liquidy/clo​roxy/gel-ty​pe stuff. I poured in a cup and hoped for the best. Reason number 8472 why we need John back home.

I'm thinking a lot today about perspective​, putting things into it, changing it, etc. The infectious disease doctor visited yesterday. He's a tall,angula​r man, very bright, no people skills. He's blunt to say the least. He goes up to John and says, "Hey, you ever see the movie The Matrix? The part where the guy leans his head a little and the bullet misses him by a millimeter? Well, that was you. You nearly died. Have a nice day."

We spend so much time on autopilot; we let time go by, uncelebrate​d. We let 9 years go by since we've seen a brother, 14 years since we've seen a niece or a goddaughter. We assume they will just be there. Now I can't claim that I've had a big epiphany or anything (haha Jodie and JRowe). I am all too human and very unperfect. But I will do my best to remember what matters most in life. I will appreciate more and complain less.

So as I'm driving to the hospital this morning, I've got that same U2 concert mix cd playing. As I got ready to buzz through Starbucks to get John his half water grande Americano, here's what played:

It's a beautiful day

Sky falls, you feel like

It's a beautiful day

Don't let it get away

I'm gonna work on not letting any more time just get away. It is indeed a beautiful day.

Notes:

*​We're in room 417, truly the Four Seasons Clift of hospital rooms. Flat screen and DVD player!

*Sti​ll no word on how much longer we will be here or when the sinus procedure will happen

*John greeted me with "Hey, Dick Jauron's going to the Eagles."

*Pa​ul, the peaty single malt I couldn't remember is called Laphroaig. Peter, wow, you got home so late last night.

*Henr​y, the pink flowers have their own shelf here ;}

*John ordered me to tell the nurse he plans to go home TODAY. Uh, no.

*An IV and heart monitor are still attached.

Lo​ve to all. All the praying made a big difference. I think God said, "Alright already!"

All good news. Great to hear John commented on Jauron. Keep getting better 'Sphere!! Go Bills.

Here's the latest;

You know things are back to normal when you can take time to clean the cat box and empty the dishwasher. I picked up a small dish we don't use very often and realized that I couldn't reach the high shelf where it belongs. Then I realized that it didn't matter....I could save it for my tall husband. Big exhale here.

We were all out of underwear so I threw in a load. If you know us, you know that John is Mr. Laundry in our house. He hates how I do it (I don't read labels and I often forget to move stuff to the dryer in a timely manner ;}). The usual powder detergent wasn't there, just some liquidy/cloroxy/gel-type stuff. I poured in a cup and hoped for the best. Reason number 8472 why we need John back home.

I'm thinking a lot today about perspective, putting things into it, changing it, etc. The infectious disease doctor visited yesterday. He's a tall,angular man, very bright, no people skills. He's blunt to say the least. He goes up to John and says, "Hey, you ever see the movie The Matrix? The part where the guy leans his head a little and the bullet misses him by a millimeter? Well, that was you. You nearly died. Have a nice day."

We spend so much time on autopilot; we let time go by, uncelebrated. We let 9 years go by since we've seen a brother, 14 years since we've seen a niece or a goddaughter. We assume they will just be there. Now I can't claim that I've had a big epiphany or anything (haha Jodie and JRowe). I am all too human and very unperfect. But I will do my best to remember what matters most in life. I will appreciate more and complain less.

So as I'm driving to the hospital this morning, I've got that same U2 concert mix cd playing. As I got ready to buzz through Starbucks to get John his half water grande Americano, here's what played:

It's a beautiful day

Sky falls, you feel like

It's a beautiful day

Don't let it get away

I'm gonna work on not letting any more time just get away. It is indeed a beautiful day.

Notes:

*We're in room 417, truly the Four Seasons Clift of hospital rooms. Flat screen and DVD player!

*Still no word on how much longer we will be here or when the sinus procedure will happen

*John greeted me with "Hey, Dick Jauron's going to the Eagles."

*Paul, the peaty single malt I couldn't remember is called Laphroaig. Peter, wow, you got home so late last night.

*Henry, the pink flowers have their own shelf here ;}

*John ordered me to tell the nurse he plans to go home TODAY. Uh, no.

*An IV and heart monitor are still attached.

Love to all. All the praying made a big difference. I think God said, "Alright already!"

Things look good for the circular suds!! :wallbash:

I really like Mrs. Beerball's sense of humor and writing style. Maybe she should join us here on the "wall" more often. :wallbash:

Now we know where Beerball gets his material......Can we engineer a trade? Beer sphere for Mrs. Beerspere? Maybe she is the original and he is just parroting her thoughts....

Saw this tread last week, but then when I came back to comment I couldn't find it. I finally saw it was pinned at the top, which I usually skip over because I don't care much about "Ask Tim Graham 4.6". Get better Beerball! It seems your already on your way to recovery.